1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

That's kinda what I meant.

2. leandrombraz

leandrombraz King

That's what I was trying to remember. I saw someone explaining this some time ago.

3. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Yes, that's it.

Alas, no lols. The tile you're hovering over only has one river side, which is shared with the city centre. So the river's 'taken' there. A tile must have another river side to allow aqueduct.

4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Anyone having Civ 6 use up to 98 or 99% of their CPU in task manager? Or maybe the game always did this on my computer? Seems like I would have noticed that though because I often had to use task manager to exit out of the game.

5. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

My Asus laptop has the same issue. Not sure what the fix is though. Perhaps others could chime in regarding the CPU usage of Civ VI.

6. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I don't think that is accurate. I tend to play ultra marathon, so its more visible, but a cs will grow to size 6 while not even having 3 envoys.

I think its more that additional tiles allows for more farms, which the cs's seem to love to build.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

7. agonistes

I never payed attention to it, but ecstatic is pretty easy to get!

8. ZeroSuitSenpai

ZeroSuitSenpai Warlord

Who are you guys liking as your early governors? I'm finding Magnus and Liang pretty indispensable early game for their base bonuses. I've been underwhelmed with early Reyna -- the tile grabbing doesn't seem as good as I wanted it to be. But I still want to use her more and experiment with buying districts with gold.

9. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Mine is a little lower than normal, around 25% - though it spikes upwards during turn calculation to about twice that, which is to be expected. I'm also still in the early game, and I know that on average my CPU usage starts rising the later in the game it is. For the record I am using a Core i5 4210M 2.60ghz.

Someone was saying last night in another thread that they felt like they were getting faster turn speeds and that they suspected Firaxis had done an optimization pass, so it seems likely that there have been some tweaks under the hood, I guess that could lead to some odd interactions with different hardware setups compared to pre-patch.

10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

So why is this city rising in loyalty? Very annoying that a forward settled city like this would have no loyalty problems. Yeah his cities aren't real far away, but he's closer to my capital than he is to his cities.

Anyways, he's already my first victim for stealing Kilamanjaro away from me while I was dealing with barbarian troubles. Kamikaze won't help him this time. muahahahaha

Thormodr and Kimiimaro like this.
  11. Magil

Magil Monarch

Looks like that city is receiving loyalty pressure from two of Japan's own cities, and your cities are not particularly high population, so they do not exert much pressure.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

How big are the other two Japanese cities compared to yours? Population affects loyalty pressure. He may also have governors in his other cities affecting loyalty.

13. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

Pre-patch I came across a CS in the late game that had pop 8 when I met it, although it was so isolated that I got the envoy for a first meeting.

agonistes likes this.
  14. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

The wording of the patch notes suggests that the new algorithm may not consider the distances between city states, only their distance from major civs - it just places them wherever there's space between major civs.

15. liv

liv Emperor

I received on emergency before turn 100 to take away a city from Pericles that he had captured from Rome. I was the only one to join. Rome did not join in (kind of weird to me) The third civ asked was a bit removed from the situation. I am Cree.

16. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Population is not tied to envoys but territory is.

17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Not sure, doesn't matter now since my horsemen overran them. They are mine now. Although I had to raze one by Kilamanjaro because they built a Holy Site right next to Kilamanjaro. :mad:

Even on Prince difficulty AI is going insane conquering city states. Though Japan on my continent remained pretty peaceful, but probably because they were going for religion. I actually spawned my own religion from Japan's holy sites and overwritten his religion. At least the city states near me are safe... for now. It seems deliberate that the devs ramped up AI pressure to conquer city states in order to initiate more emergencies.

Thormodr likes this.
  18. agonistes

My point exactly.

@Disgustipated I highly recommend @thecrazyscot 's mod that gives ancient walls to city-states at the beginning of the game. He even kindly wrote me some extra code so that all capitals start with ancient walls too (unlike most, I find 4-5 civs usually get wiped out very fast). And if you play longer games, may as well get the mod that gives amenities to city-states so they don't get spammed with partisans as they grow.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Ondolindë and WillowBrook like this.
  19. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

They're still doing QA updates on builds with the PC depots. There's no new DLC apps or depots, so I assume this is for a patch or hotfix.

Ondolindë and PYITE like this.
  20. Eramas

Eramas Warlord

I don't know why but my minimap is as big as in CQUI and I don't have any mods right now (unsubscribed from all of them). Also, it looks like I am not getting ages filters (it's not darker during the dark age etc; it only works when I load the game). Maybe it's somehow bugged in Multiplayer because my friend didn't have it too. Or maybe it's because I am playing on the lowest possible settings.