1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

If you are unaware, loyalty pressure formula found including capital difference.
    Loyalty and taking cities

Also a few other things in there inlcuing equal pressure between 2 civs leaves the city neutral until one grows in pop
    Will try a few spy things tonight around loyalty

Thormodr likes this.
  2. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Could someone please enlighten me how is Greece able to move troops into my territory without open borders? We used to be allies in the past, but not anymore...(quite the opposite actually)

Maybe it's a bug like open borders still active despite not in alliance anymore?

(Note: it happened multiple times)

Attached Files:

• wtf.png
      wtf.png
      File size:
      4.4 MB
      Views:
  3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Well there is no emergency... odd

Revolutionist_8 likes this.
  4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I kind of wish I would see other civs' Historic Moments, or at least their significant ones. That would be much more interesting than the gossip stuff that scrolls by when the AI takes their turns.

5. ncat

ncat Chieftain

I just had a strange situation. Playing first game, as Rome, on second era, a dark age. Lautaro puts his second city right on the border of Rome. Tell him don't do that. Go to war, take city. he makes peace as do His allies Brazil, and Nubia. We join together killing the local barbarians. Even get a thanks screen from him (new?). Barbarian appears on the tile just outside where our cities join. I kill it with the duty archer. Lautaro declares war on me. Just made peace with Nubia, Brazil earlier. Now it's an emergency and all 3 are against me. So Nubia makes peace and declares war on same turn. Moderator Action: <SNIP> Mapuche declare war when I kill a barbarian, Moderator Action: <SNIP> Really would like to build instead being constantly at war. Anyone else have any weirdness like this?

Moderator Action: Edited your post. Please help us keep the forum family friendly by using appropriate language. leif
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
  6. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Maybe Pedro could even brag about it, too. Lol.

7. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Yup, I don't know what's going on. I hope just a small oversight that the devs will fix.

Also, I've just tried if you can upgrade units (without resource) inside city territory while Magnus with Black Marketeer promotion is assigned there...aaand doesn't seem to work :cry:

I know the tooltip says that units trained in that city but... it'd so awesome to upgrade that bunch of already promoted units :undecide:

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Didn't get any my first game, as I was pretty isolated. I participated in 2 my second game, and I think there was at least 1 more not involving me (because I was friends with Scotland).

First one was a city-state emergency of a cultural city state taken over by Shaka. I wasn't sure if could get over there in time, but epic speed gives you 40 turns, and I could have still done it in 30. Good thing I brought a bombard corps which I upgraded to an artillery corps in my allies territory since they got walls up before I could get enough troops in position. I did all the work because the city wasn't coastal, and I had to go through Scotland to get there.

Annoying thing is I got messages from Scotland and Georgia about encroaching on their borders. I thought I could clear it in time, but I failed both times and took a diplomatic hit with both civs.

Second one was a Holy city emergency in Mapuche holy city. They were mostly converted by Georgia anyways. I don't get it, Latauro complained about me converting his holy city even though it was Georgia's religion. So I took a diplomatic hit for that one even though he's my cultural ally and I'm trying to "save" his holy city. Though I have no way of getting his religion back, I put my religion in there instead.

So my only annoyances were the 3 diplomatic hits I took while participating in these emergencies. I also happened to burn down a nearby Zulu city since they were in my way and I wanted to return home the ocean route rather than go through 2 civs to get back around the world the other way. I took no official diplomatic hit for razing the city, but I had trouble maintaining a couple alliances for a while afterwords despite 0 official warmongering penalty. Which makes me believe there's some hidden aggression counter somewhere.

Thormodr likes this.
  9. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Warlord

I have had an emergency in almost every game I have played, but that probably is because I am playing deity so there are lots of hyper aggressive AI causing emergencies :)

10. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

maybe distrust born of trauma. "What? A human conquering cities but isn't keeping it? He is on to something... Okay, everyone smile but lets secretly hate that guy, he doesn't fool me, he is going for domination and I know it!"

Leyrann likes this.
  11. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I think that's what happens when he's in another city's territory (probably the Mapuche) when open borders or war with that city/civ ends, he gets pushed out, and incorrectly gets pushed into another not allowed tile. He can't move, so he just stays there. I had the same happen when a coastal city of mine got conquered, flipped to free city because of my pressure, and then flipped to me while Australia was trying to take it by force. Two units got displaced into territory of my other cities and just stood there for like 30 turns. (and then Australia declarared a joint war against me, got smacked by a betrayal emergency and lost his capital to my fleet)

12. FedorWin

FedorWin Chieftain

An interesting thing happened in my game (King difficulty).
    I was playing peacefully as Korea. At some point the Khmer attacked and conquered one of my city-states (Buenos-Aires) on the other side of the continent, causing a CS emergency. I was the only one who joined (The Cree where kinda far away from the Khmer and also friendly to them, while all other players were on the continent on the other side of the world). In like 10 turns, way before I could produce enough troops and move them close to Buenos-Aires, three more of my city-states next to it just flooded the captured city., eliminated all the Khmer, retook Buenos-Aires, and, since CS cannot capture other cities, razed it to the ground!
    Because of that the emergency was concluded in my favor (technically Buenos-Aires was no longer under Khmer control, I guess), and I got a ton of money. I figured, since CSes are so good at fighting the Khmer, why not put that money to good use and levy all their troops? So I did just that and in the next 20-something turns, before the levy time had expired, conquered the whole of the Khmer empire (5 cities) without using a single unit of my own. So much for a peacefull game...

Although this whole situation was extremelly funny to me, it makes me wonder:
    Shouldn't there be a hard block for the city-states AI - not to attack other cities with melee units? I did lose a good city-state ally because they razed it.
    Should there be a possibility of an emergency (a CS emergency at least?) ending inconclusively, like when the CS in question gets razed or simply kept by the supposed liberator or the third party?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  13. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Okay, Pericles and John Curtin declared a joint war on me, both former allies, both have every reason to love me, Pericles should name his religion in my honor, not declare a war on me. Now I got a betrayal emergency against both (the emergency don't tell me what cities I have to conquer, btw). I think Firaxis tried to force a betrayal hidden mechanic in the game, to make sure that this specific emergency would trigger, reason why former allies are so vigorously rejecting friendship. Seriously, if anyone from Firaxis still following this thread, either implement a CLEAR betrayal/backstabb mechanic or follow the rules of your own game. If I got more positive diplo than negative the leader like me, that's how the game present itself, that's what the player will expect.

Just look at this guy:
    20180213130709_1.jpg

Just take a good look at this guy and give me one reason for him to declare war on me. One. I have the highest military strength, btw.

Seriously, they need to fix this and joint wars. Playing diplomatically isn't rewarding. Adding an alliance mechanic to give bonuses to the players do nothing if that allies are hardwired to betray you in a way that isn't clearly presented to the played and that I have no way to try to prevent since clearly positive diplo modifiers aren't doing anything. Diplomacy is ridiculously broken right now...

Morningcalm and Duuk like this.
  14. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Sometimes liberating a city leads to getting to Mars quicker with some Civs: Australia and Scotland. :mischief:

Thormodr likes this.
  15. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Ever wonder if the ai finds *us* annoying? This post made me grin.

Aaaand, maybe we now know why the ai is so wary of us being near their borders.

edit: imagine if the ai retained a memory from game to game of how we acted towards it? Paranoid schizophrenic ai I'm thinking.

Thormodr and Leyrann like this.
  16. Gbest

Gbest Chieftain

New patch is available.

Civilization VI Update
    • Fixed an issue where the user could not access the builder that is awarded when the Eagle Warrior kills an enemy unit in a standard ruleset game.
    • Fixed America's Founding Fathers ability to function when progressing through a Standard Rules match.
    • Fixed an issue where a trader could lose functionality resulting in placeholder/debug string being displayed when war is declared through an emergency with a civ the user has trade routes to.
    • Fixed a crash that could happen when starting a new game under certain conditions.
    • Fixed an issue where the user could crash after attempting to join a Full game in the Multiplayer lobby.
    “Rise and Fall” Expansion Update
    • Fixed the Letters of Marque Dark Policy to double the Yields from plundering a trade route when viewed during gameplay.

17. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

A hotfix this early? Is this real life or am I dreaming?

Edit: I'm two turns from winning. If this break my save I'll cry like a baby.

CivLuvah, Kimiimaro and Gbest like this.
  18. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

It's Valentine Day soon... Maybe it's a sign that Firaxis loves us? :D

Thormodr likes this.
  19. Jackanape

Jackanape Warlord

The biggest problem with that is that AI is literally chewing up CS left and right...there's got to be a happy medium there somewhere...

20. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I just finished my first game, science victory. Considering how much stuff we have now to increase production and give a boost to space projects, I think they can double the cost of space projects. I got the Great Engineer Sergei Korolev (Gain 1500 Production towards Space Race projects), I didn't have enough time to use because I was producing the projects too fast lol

I think they fixed or broke for good Pedro's agenda. I got a lot of great people and I never triggered his agenda. It either lost its trigger or now he only cares about great people he was actually trying to get.

Thormodr likes this.