1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Nothing is of value or importance, its a game.
    I only play with civs once apart from Victoria, Catherine and occaisionally Gorgo or GOTM. They add value to me because they make things a tiny bit harder and thats important to me.
    Your opinion is noted if you were just registering it.

2. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Lamest post of the year.

3. bladex

bladex Emperor

lamest reply of the year. we're not muricans mate so don't act like one. but than again pretty much what can you expect from south Australia...let me guess Melbourne? :rolleyes:

4. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Ok, edgelord.

Thormodr and drakula like this.
  5. Victoria

Just wondering, if they didn’t then no civs do. A bit of a self defeating remark.

Thormodr likes this.
  6. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Warlord

Please don't use literally again. You meant figuratively.

Anyway you are welcome to your own opinion of course. I appreciate the new civs/leaders and am enjoying my current game as Lautaro even though I've barely made use of his uniques (Except training in cities with govenors that 25%+barracks/stable 25% is pretty sweet).

If you like a certain type of game (War, Builder, Diplomatic, Religious, $$$$, etc.) there seems to be at least one for you in this expansion, but by all means stick to your vanilla leader and enjoy stomping the new guys. Wiping out Genghis should be fun whether you think he's a great addition to the line-up or not.

7. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Not just that, but said developer also ported some games to the Switch as well!

I once said that PC games should stay on the PC, but seeing how well done Civ VI is doing on the iPad, I can make a few exceptions.

For example, Civ VI could be done on the Switch with some adjustments and that the PC version should not suffer just to accommodate the Switch and vice-versa.

8. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

This is the kind of the stuff that is killing my love of the game. The last thing we needed was the game to be easier. I started playing with the standard ruleset again, last night, because for me the expansion is just a mess. Europe is a graveyard of free cities popping back and forth. A second 50% on settlers? Boosts to chops?

Once more details had been revealed prerelease, I was torn between buying and not buying. The new civs and world wonders looked awesome. Everything else seemed moronic. I've given it a try. I'm finding it depressing to play the game its gotten so bad. But its depressing not to be able to play as Scotland or Georgia.

I wish they had allowed for the new civs to operate under standard rules, changing the mechanics where needed. As it is, I've pretty much just pissed away my money on a ... I can't say 'poor' product, because obviously a great many people like it. But a product I feel has scarred the face of the civ franchise, making it even more sophomoric than it had already become, to the point it feels... tacky. And making it horribly unfun for me to play.

Just give me the civs and wonders without the other garbage, thanks, and I'd be happy. Governors, loyalty, eras... just make them all options please.

9. bbbt

bbbt Emperor

This weekend hit ~80k which is about half of Civ 6 vanilla's post launch peak of 160k. And about double the previous weekend's average player base of like 40k.

So that would indicated R&F moved between 25%-50% of the original civ 6 launch sales. I'd probably guess it was a little closer to the 50% side - maybe 40-45% - as I'd assume the regular players are more likely to buy it.

That seems like good numbers to me, but I dunno how well expansions usually sell though.

Thormodr and WillowBrook like this.
  10. agonistes

These 'hidden modifiers' were there well before the patch came out.

11. Victoria

Including the loyalty modifier mentioned in the first line?.. and the next 3?
    I was just clarifying as someone asked, no biggy

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I'm happy with the new civs. They seem to have personality, aside from maybe the Mapuche leader I suppose.

Craig_Sutter likes this.
  13. agonistes

No, obviously. The relationship modifiers. You know this.

An early dow will impact the rest of the game. You will get less on trades, more dows against you, harder to get alliances, and so forth.

14. leandrombraz

leandrombraz King

When you test it, try liberating cities, I think it have to do with liberation. The other match before R&F where I had a similar issue, I went on a liberation spree to get CSs back into the game. I conquered two cities (classical era) and got rid of the little penalty I got with liberation and by giving a city back. I felt like I was being treated like a warmonger for the rest of the game, with really bad trade deals. Maybe you actually get a penalty when you liberate but it stay hidden and never fade.

15. Victoria

Yes ... WE 'know' this but we have no proof. Yes there is nagative modifiers but others are saying this is seriously worse.

.. So you are saying liberating causes distrust?

16. Quis

Quis Chieftain

I just had a strange situation with the emergency system. Pedro and Jayavarman have both been my former allies, but still with friendly modifiers. Now they decided on a joint war against me (maybe because I'm winning the space race :mischief:). After the declaration of war, both cases became a betrayal emergency.
    And the crazy thing is, that Pedro was invited (and joined) to the emergency against Jayavarman. As a result, we are at peace despite the previous declaration of war and the emergency against Pedro is already running although I can not fight against him because of the Jayavarman emergency. A vicious circle. :crazyeye:

I thought that they said, they will arrange it so, that several emergencies would not happen simultaneously.

Thormodr likes this.
  17. hum4n_err0r

hum4n_err0r Chieftain

Absolutely loving the new expansion. Played it all Thursday night, all Friday, all Saturday and all Sunday. Returning to work today was a shock.

The new alliance features are great, very beneficial to play nice now. I thought I’d get annoyed by being pushed into wars when an ally declares or is declared against but I enjoy having something to use my standing army for in the late game for a change (I usually play peaceful mid-late game).

I thought emergencies would be a pain or pointless but so far they’ve added an extra mini game to whatever my current objective is. Like the above it’s nice to get to use my army towards the late game.

Golden ages are good, still getting my head around how to ensure I trigger one, or even ensure a dark age (some of those dark age cards are huge). Currently just blasting through the game without trying to get any specific Age.

Growing cities now has far more benefit (at least up to size 10) with the change to Rationalism etc. I don’t like using the terms tall and wide in Civ 6, as I think in this iteration the more cities the better and the bigger the better, all depends on what amenities the dirt gives you.

Thormodr and Mr Jon of Cheam like this.
  18. Mojo85

Mojo85 Warlord

My two favorite mods that still work with R&F that I don’t see mentioned at city states start with walls and no AI start advantage. They’re both so useful for deity. The city state walls especially because it stops the constant capturing of them and they’re actually around to impact the game by the time the industrial and later era hits.

The no AI start advantage keeps the combat bonuses (and production bonuses I think as well) but eliminates the extra settlers, units and completed techs the AI starts with. I use it if I want to play a more peaceful game and not get just overrun with 8 archers and warriors at turn 30 when I’m barely into my 3rd slinger

19. Eramas

Eramas Warlord

I didn't see a single emergency since the release, feels bad.

20. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

I have. Both as a potential member and as a target. Since I tend to play on very small maps, they're kind of toothless. Might play on a bigger map to see if they work on there.