1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Becephalus

Becephalus Chieftain

So is the AI still complete ass, or did they at least work on that a bit?

I find Civ6 unplayable due to the atrocious AI that makes single-player pointless, and I don't really enjoy it enough generally for hot seat. MP is not an option because I have kids.

I was hoping at some point in one of these expansions they would work on it some. Maybe change the game a bit to make it easier for the AI (fewer more expensive units so traffic jams are not an issue, getting rid of ranged/air units since the AI doesn't understand them, things like that).

I have no idea what they are thinking. Anyway please tell me it is time to come back?

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Good question. I will test but I imagine it is pointless after +20

leandrombraz likes this.
  3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Hotfix notes added to stickied thread regarding the February 2018 patch notes.

4. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I don't know when you last played. If it's "after the 2017 fall patch", then it's minor improvements to the AI. If it's "at release", then you won't recognize the AI.

The AI knows what it's doing by now.

Thormodr likes this.
  5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Has anybody played as Brazil or have had Brazil in the game and can spot what the Copacabana looks like? Just curious.

6. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I could check, they might have one.

You'll have to wait at least until tomorrow though.

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm also interested to see it. After I get done with the R&F civs/leaders Brazil is first on my list to check out changes to old civs.

8. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

9. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

I was thinking about conquest, Reyna might be a good governor to send for conquest. Conquer a city, focus on growth, send Reyna with contractor (buy districts with gold), buy an Entertainment Complex, run bread and circus. You need to be careful about districts limit by population and keep the city loyal into Reyna is settled but sounds like a good way to boost loyalty in a region you're about to conquer.

10. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

Amani seems like the strongest conquest governor since she not only increases loyalty in the city which she's stationed in but also those around it.

11. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

I use a tag team of Victor and Amani. Amani in the back with her extra boost and Victor in the front for defense.

Thormodr and rattatatouille like this.
  12. Eagle Pursuit

Oh no! The revellers are going to parade off the end of the pier.

13. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro Warlord

I definitely wouldn't mind if Pedro joined them :mischief:

Ondolindë, Thormodr and Duuk like this.
  14. Katakanja

Katakanja Warlord

I was more struck by the seal (?) that looks more like a Llama on the floating platform :D

15. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Would prefer not. We're best buds and it's a hard game.

...Then again I'm best buds with 5 of the 8 AI civs and two of the three I can't get along with are on the other side of the world.

16. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Unfortunately it's a park. Well a pier inside of a park. Which is supposed to be based off of a neighborhood with a beach. :confused:

17. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

I was going to create a thread with pics but I just found out that I didn't take the screenshots, so I'll just ask here if anyone noticed this AI behavior. Yesterday I was attacking a city and the AI surrounded one of my Artillery to kill it with two cavalry units and two Great People. It looked like the AI was trying to use the GP as military units. Later I forgot that I was at war with Spain, stopped a melee ship in range of their city that had only a builder garrisoned. I end the turn and the builder move towards my ship as if it was trying to attack it. I also saw a thread on the steam forums where the guy claimed that the AI surrounded one of his units with Supply Convoys. I'm under the impression that the AI is mistaking civilian and support units for military units and trying to attack with it.

18. rattatatouille

rattatatouille Chieftain

So apparently there's an infinite army trick with England now.

1. Found city on another continent
    2. Let it flip to a Free City
    3. Conquer it back and get a free melee unit
    4. Repeat from Step 2 as needed

Apparently the issue here is that capturing a free city counts as founding it for the purpose of Vicky's LA.

19. Eagle Pursuit

You don't even have to found it. You could just conquer a city on another continent and let it flip to free and repeat and still get a free melee unit each time.

rattatatouille likes this.
  20. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Arabian King

So still a lot of job and exactly peaceful paths...
    I am now playing as Poundmaker and never go to actual war, just declaring to appease my neighbours. I am now allying with them. Heck, I am allying with half of the world with other half not wanting to be peaceful.
    Also it seems AI is hungry for that golden age points caused by taking cities, so they have been taking almost all of the city states and left only four.

And the more I go, the more I am confused on how to actually get age points peacefully except building stuffs, discovering first techs of eras, and converting other holy cities and cities of those I am at war with to my religions.