[R&F] Rise and Fall Live Stream General Thread

I suppose in theory it could be possible with an information start with a fast enough turn timer. The latest game Marbozir has played was an Industrial era start with his Korea game. I haven't caught the livestreams, but as for the youtube vidoes, he's still not complete with that game yet.

edit: I just noticed part 7 is up, I'll watch that shortly after making and eating my breakfast.

I suppose in theory it could be possible with an information start with a fast enough turn timer. The latest game Marbozir has played was an Industrial era start with his Korea game. I haven't caught the livestreams, but as for the youtube vidoes, he's still not complete with that game yet.

edit: I just noticed part 7 is up, I'll watch that shortly after making and eating my breakfast.
The game ends on turn 405 without victory.

Interesting note: If a captured city flips to independent, and is then recaptured, it is no longer considered occupied. This means no loyalty penalty, and that the AI doesn't consider it occupied with regard to trade, possibly also diplomacy.

Interesting note: If a captured city flips to independent, and is then recaptured, it is no longer considered occupied. This means no loyalty penalty, and that the AI doesn't consider it occupied with regard to trade, possibly also diplomacy.

Ah, so if I conquer a free city from another civ, Robbie won't be able to use his Bannockburn trick on me.

Yeah its worth it to go after those free cities provided you can hold on to them.

You can see opposing AI civ spies in your capital in Rise and Fall? At 1:37 in the video, perhaps it's because he's allied with Mongolia, but he saw a Mongolian spy in his capital. I'm pretty sure that's not in the base game. I'm not exactly sure what the spy is doing.

Also at 20:15 I think I see St Basil's Cathedral in Dutch lands in the fog of war? I can't be sure. The city is obscured, but you can see the wonder (though in the fog of war).

At 26:39 he got around the Occupied city mechanic by having the city flip (not much he could do about it), and retook the city from the free city status, and the city is no longer occupied and can grow and have better loyalty. This almost seems like an exploit.

This video shows that you can conquer and hold cities on the other side of a civilization (in this case Mongolia) far away from your own cities. Though it helps that he's allies with Mongolia, and I believe Mongolian cities aren't exerting any pressure on his captured Dutch cities. Seems a little too easy to maintain loyalty in those cities to be honest.

I'll watch the final video and if there's anything noteworthy in that video I'll post it here.

Last edited:
Yogscast in a bit of a pickle with the AI. Lol.

Cree getting pretty belligerent, towards the end of the video. ;)

You can see opposing AI civ spies in your capital in Rise and Fall? At 1:37 in the video, perhaps it's because he's allied with Mongolia, but he saw a Mongolian spy in his capital. I'm pretty sure that's not in the base game. I'm not exactly sure what the spy is doing.

Also at 20:15 I think I see St Basil's Cathedral in Dutch lands in the fog of war? I can't be sure. The city is obscured, but you can see the wonder (though in the fog of war).

At 26:39 he got around the Occupied city mechanic by having the city flip (not much he could do about it), and retook the city from the free city status, and the city is no longer occupied and can grow and have better loyalty. This almost seems like an exploit.

This video shows that you can conquer and hold cities on the other side of a civilization (in this case Mongolia) far away from your own cities. Though it helps that he's allies with Mongolia, and I believe Mongolian cities aren't exerting any pressure on his captured Dutch cities. Seems a little too easy to maintain loyalty in those cities to be honest.

I'll watch the final video and if there's anything noteworthy in that video I'll post it here.

I think you have to have a Top Secret of Secret level of visibility, I've seen Spies in the base game, it depends on the Diplomatic Visibility from what I gathered, since I saw my allies' spies in cities.

The whole stream is available on Twitch already btw.

Just started a new game as Gilgabro and I've been in constant war since the start and Gorgo thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread so it is possible for you to get approval based on her agenda.

Just started a new game as Gilgabro and I've been in constant war since the start and Gorgo thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread so it is possible for you to get approval based on her agenda.

Well, she does like people at war :p

The whole stream is available on Twitch already btw.

ahh, thanks. I'll probably just wait for them to come on Youtube. I'm in no hurry. I'm not starting any more games of Civ6 these next 6 days, so I need something to do. :)

Didn't know were to put this but I noticed that the Steam page now says the release date is Feb. 7

I'm packing up and moving to Hawaii just so I can play Rise and Fall earlier, I am a true civ fanatic. Of course I won't have a job over there...

Top Bottom