Rise and Fall of House Julii

Yup, tested and works perfect! AI uses, they airdrop immediately; Thanks! You solved my problem... I have it set that these same units can also telepad to other certain Hero units in CoMM3. If you have ships that can transport tactical missiles, "Might" pose a problem, not really sure.

Great for placing (and having AI place) things like fortifications, artillery and MG nests, etc..

This should work for what you want Guardian. And you are right, immobile units cannot teleport! :(

Even if you do also have ships which transport tactical missiles, you may be able to get away with it so long as they also have the transports only foot unit flag, and all the units you want them to be able to transport have both tactical missile and foot unit flagged.

Even if you do also have ships which transport tactical missiles, you may be able to get away with it so long as they also have the transports only foot unit flag, and all the units you want them to be able to transport have both tactical missile and foot unit flagged.

Thx Virote and you too Tom, but apparently this is not going to work for me as the unit I want to transport is an immobile unit. Also, I want to be able to transport it to a specific location, that being, a mobile telepad. Thx anyway guys, great info you supplied which I may still be able to use elsewhere. Thx again.

This is the new title screen and scenario name.

Spoiler :

I have decided that I would make Two BIQ files.
The first will have only starting locations cities and basic infastructure and all civs would have the same basic starting units, a warrior, a worker, and a settler. Each civ will have a unique wonder that they will be able to construct early in the game.

The second BIQ will start with all civ cities pre-placed on the map with a balance of units in place. The emphasis will be on Rome. Rome will only be able to produce units on the italian penninsula with the following exception;
Once Rome has captured a civs capital, Rome will be able to constuct improvements such as the Castrum Legionaria Etruria .

This improvement allows Rome to build (Auto-produce) specific legio for the for this region only. These legions have there own set of stats and capabilities different from any other units By building other specific improvements, the Roman player will be able to build (auto-produce ) other specific auxiliary units to go with his Legions.

This, plus the fact that nearly all other civs will be hostile towards Rome will make it difficult, but not impossible, for Rome to establish favorable alliances. Play as Rome, and you are on your own. There is only one way to win as Rome. Total Conquest and Eternal Glory or suffer failure and dishonor in total defeat.

Attachments

• Castra LegionariaL.pcx
    26.1 KB · Views: 131
Great title screen but if I may make a little remark - it shows only "modern" buildings, 17th - 20th century.

The castra is superb!

The Castra Legio as the civilopedia entry indicates and as I stated previously can only be built in capital cities that Rome captures. It is a small wonderand therefore disappears if the city is recaptured by the enemy. The castra will autobuild special Roman Legion units that are unique to that Castra. There are thirty different Castra each one representing each of the thirty actual historical Legionsshown on the map below.

Spoiler :

This is shapping up to be an awesome mod Guardian. Love how you're going for as much historical realism as possible.

Thanks Nick. Hope you'll keep an eye on this and let me know if you think anything needs correcting or you think I need to add or change anything. I appreciate your advices.

Is it possible to have diplomacy without embassies?
The reason I ask is that I want to create an diplomat unit and use only that unit to establish contact with other civs. This unit would be flagged with hidden nationality so that it can move freely across enemy territory and initiate contact with other civs.

Would I then be able to create a spy unit and endow that unit to perform spy missions?

Is it possible to have diplomacy without embassies?
The reason I ask is that I want to create an diplomat unit and use only that unit to establish contact with other civs. This unit would be flagged with hidden nationality so that it can move freely across enemy territory and initiate contact with other civs.

Would I then be able to create a spy unit and endow that unit to perform spy missions?

that would be cool Guardian , just like in those games you know :)

that would be cool Guardian , just like in those games you know :)

I agree, I don't think the diplomat will be a problem tho I haven't tested it yet. I mean I can put the diplomat in but I don't know if you can prevent civs from establishing the embassies yet. I know you can prevent them from starting with embassies but I haven't tried removing the build embassies from the diplomat/spy missions. I'm not sure what I will be able to do about the spy unit capabilities either.

I agree, I don't think the diplomat will be a problem tho I haven't tested it yet. I mean I can put the diplomat in but I don't know if you can prevent civs from establishing the embassies yet. I know you can prevent them from starting with embassies but I haven't tried removing the build embassies from the diplomat/spy missions. I'm not sure what I will be able to do about the spy unit capabilities either.

only diplomat units will be available to contact with other civs ?
also it would be cool if you can bribe units or army

Isn't build embassy enabled with a tech. Writing in the standard game I think. So you can easily remove that, but without embassies I think various diplomatic agreements are impossible aren't they? I think you can only sign military alliances without an embassy. I don't think it is possible to use a unit for diplomacy. Also, remember that once you have met a civ you can contact them anytime with or without a unit in the other civ's territory so your diplomat unit would only be useful for making the initial contact, which can of course be done with any other unit as well.

Again with spy missions it has nothing to do with units does it? Though obviously and invisible unit with a lot of movement can be used to spy on/map out enemy territory.

Isn't build embassy enabled with a tech. Writing in the standard game I think. So you can easily remove that, but without embassies I think various diplomatic agreements are impossible aren't they? I think you can only sign military alliances without an embassy. I don't think it is possible to use a unit for diplomacy. Also, remember that once you have met a civ you can contact them anytime with or without a unit in the other civ's territory so your diplomat unit would only be useful for making the initial contact, which can of course be done with any other unit as well.

Again with spy missions it has nothing to do with units does it? Though obviously and invisible unit with a lot of movement can be used to spy on/map out enemy territory.

I think that is correct Nick. I also read this in the script file:

#BIC_ERROR_ESPN
#comment This popup is displayed when an incorrect number of espionage missions is loaded from a BIC file.
#caption Scenario Invalid!
#text
^^
^^Error in BIC data! ($FILE0)
^^
^^There must be exactly $NUM0 espionage missions in a scenario.
^^
So I would guess that zero is probably an incorrect number of espionage missions and there are other references to diplomatic missions, eras, etc

also correct is that once you have established contact a diplomat unit becomes superfluous. That's a pity, because I would have enjoyed the flexibility of having both of these unit types to play with. I'll have to see if I can come up with some other options for this type of unit.

Me too ,it would be cool

LOL don't worry there will be plenty here to tickle your fancy.
Imperator has just sent me the first 2 new units that imperator is designing for me. There may be as many as 200+ new units. I will be posting pics of the units as each set is completed. Having seen the first two all I can say is:

:D:clap::bowdown::worship::woohoo::drool::rockon::dance::band::beer::salute::banana::thanx::high5::cheers::trophy::xmastree::xmassign::newyear:

Top Bottom