Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

Oh, so sad... Looks like I forgot how to modify Civ3 - I wasn't playing for so long. Thank you, guys!

It´s agreat honour for RARR, that you use this mod for your comeback to Civ 3. :)

Hello,

I finished researching all techs about 40 turns ago, and I'm playing as the Tibetans. For whatever reason Modern Armor and ICBM's are not available to me. There might be other units as well that had not or are not. I have all the resources to build them, and I don't see a wonder like the manhattan project to build that would allow nukes (I assume another civ beat me to the one I remember seeing). I do see that the "Atomic Weapons Test" becomes obsolete when supersonic flight is researched. Does that mean if I hadn't developed atomic weapons by then, I can't build ICBMs? I can build the M48 Patton, but it looks like that tank is a "Main Battle Tank" developed with synthetic fibers and not the later "Modern Tank" developed when you get Superconductor.

Any idea why I can't build those few units and possibly more? Thanks.

For whatever reason Modern Armor and ICBM's are not available to me. I do see that the "Atomic Weapons Test" becomes obsolete when supersonic flight is researched. Does that mean if I hadn't developed atomic weapons by then, I can't build ICBMs?

I think if you have not built the Atomic Weapons Test before it expires then you cannot build anything nuclear, but we should wait for a comment from Civinator to be sure on that.

In the editor it looks like Tibet does not have a Modern Armor unit available to them. That is something that will probably be fixed in a future update.

Hi AkiraAtreides,

Takeo is right in both points. You cannot build nuclear weapons, when you haven´t built the Atomic Weapons Test before it becomes obsolete. In that case you have chosen a non-nuclear way for the future of your civ.

It is an error that Tibet cannot build modern tanks. AkiraAtreides, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) It will be fixed with the next update of RARR (what will be hopefully sometime next year, as now I need every minute of my free time to finish the next version of my mod CCM2 and than it will be time for the update of SOE and WW2 Global Gold).

Hey ummm so I'm having an odd problem that I've never encountered before, and not sure what caused it! Basically, when I start a new game of RARR and go to build first city, I instantly lose the game and get booted out to main menu through the retirement screens. Strangely, my existing saved games work just fine, its only with a fresh game. Anyone had this issue before?
I have deleted the RARR folder and biq and replaced them but still the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Aeon

Aeon, welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

Can it be that you are playing a Steam version of C3C and in that case haven´t activated the Steam patch in the text folder of RARR?

Hi Civinator, thanks. I actually posted on here a long ago but its been many years. :)
Thing is, this started happening out of the blue, I don't know what triggered it. When I reinstalled RARR I applied the patch again because all the labels were wierd and the patch fixed that. Initially I thought reapplying the patch would do the trick but I guess not... And yes this is on the steam version

Other reasons for such a behaviour could be when you have modded the biq and have forgotten to set more to one civ for the game or if the other civs don´t receive any settlers. Another reason could be, that one of the graphics that opens in the cityscreen when a city is founded, is missing or is set wrong after having changed something in it.

Glad to see this is still active.

I installed everything and did the patches ect, but every time it just starts up regular civ!

This is driving me crazy why cant I figure this out!

Please help.

I'm on the steam version.

Every time I open civ it goes straight to the regular version.

I'm on the steam version if that means anything.

I did all the patches and installed it all correctly. please help me.

what am i doing wrong here

Jim M, I´m very glad that I don´t have to use the Steam version of Civ III Complete. So I cannot say, if your installing path at Steam is completely correct. At least installing RARR and the RARR biq in the scenarios folder is correct. If you play the buggied Steam version, you also have to rename the labels-Steam CivComplete Patch text file inside the text folder to labels, as Steam and Firaxis decided in their 'infinite wisedom', to make all Civ 3 scenarios nearly unplayable by adding a new -and completely unnecessairy - line into that text file.

When starting scenarios in Civ III Complete, you have to click at the Civ-content button.

Well I finally figured out after hours of trying. Apparantly there are two file folders for the steam version of this. Weird. One is labeled with numbers and the other one makes more sense. Weird because they both have identical files. Thanks for replying!

It has been 10 years since i played DYP.

Your and awesome guy! Thanks.

Jim M, I agree that this sounds weird, but it´s Steam. :crazyeye: In my GoG version there are not such problems.
I hope, now you can play RARR without any more problems. :)

Jim M, I agree that this sounds weird, but it´s Steam. :crazyeye: In my GoG version there are not such problems.
I hope, now you can play RARR without any more problems. :)

Its working good so far. Its a pity its 440 AM. I dont want to get sucked into it and not sleep. Cheery and merry christmas.

First, thanks very much to all that has been involved in creating "Rise and Rule" and "Rise and Rule Revisited"! I've probably played it until "Industrial era" like 20-30 times during the years. (Usually restart once the world is discovered and settled)

Second, a bug report: "German musketman" can't be loaded upon ships. (Atleast Cog and East Indianman)

First, thanks very much to all that has been involved in creating "Rise and Rule" and "Rise and Rule Revisited"! I've probably played it until "Industrial era" like 20-30 times during the years. (Usually restart once the world is discovered and settled)

Second, a bug report: "German musketman" can't be loaded upon ships. (Atleast Cog and East Indianman)
Gmelchett, welcome at CFC :band:[party]and thank you very much for your kind words about RARR (and RAR). :)

Also thank you very much for reporting the error with the German musketman. :) Here I clicked at the wrong box in the editor and enabled 'blitz' instead of 'foot' unit. The fix of the error is noted for the next patch, what still will need some time. For the seatransport of the German musketman in your current game you have to wait for later transport ships that are not restricted to transport only units with the 'foot'-flag.

Top Bottom