1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

ynot56, thank you very much for your input and for reporting the error in the French AT Infantry. :) The missing 4 additional HPs are now added to that unit.

2. Civinator

Izengrimm, the next version of RARR is not released yet (what has the advantage, that the fix of the French AT Infantry now is included, too). Izengrimm, your question about setting the victory limits at the start of the game had a big input in the setting of the CCM2 expansion files, that are needed for the next version of RARR, too. Thank you very much! :)

Izengrimm likes this.
  3. Izengrimm

Izengrimm Chieftain

I just remembered the barbarians' stunning sense of detection. Frequently their horsemen can observe your workers and settlers from a distance of 4 or even 5 tiles. We should add to Civilopedia some reconnaisance ravens and farseeing shamans))

4. AFV717

AFV717 Chieftain

Greetings, I am new to the Civ III forum. I request some help when someone has the time. I have downloaded the latest available versions of RARR and CCM2.5. I followed the procedures outlined in the two forums and I am happy to report that both versions appear to be working. However, I have been unable to successfully load the new units in the Cic3Conquests editor for both versions. I have been able to load and edit maps using the TerrainAres, TerrainRIckFGS etc. I have poured over the posts in both forums dealing with editor issues with no real success. Perhaps there a reason new units don't appear in the editor (possibly shear number of new units) or am I missing a step or two somewhere? I appreciate any information on this matter.

5. Civinator

AFV717, welcome at CFC! :band:[party]

The files with the next version of RARR, that can be played with CCM2.50, are not uploaded yet - and therefore of course you cannot find them yet. At present there come some error reports in the CCM2 thread and I´m looking at them so they can be avoided in the (small) upload of the next version of RARR.

6. AFV717

AFV717 Chieftain

Very good, thank you.

7. ynot56

ynot56 Chieftain

I have been thinking about lethal land bombardment.

It seems to me if the Aegis Cruiser and Spruance destroyer (or their equivalent) have lethal land bombardment, that radar artillery or its equivalent should be similarly configured.

I can see arguments either way (yes or no on lethal land bombardment for the ships or the radar artillery) but feel that the flag should be consistent at this unit level.

Ynot56

jlvfr likes this.
  8. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Maybe. They do carry cruise missiles, so...

9. ynot56

ynot56 Chieftain

I assumed the Aegis and the radar artillery are equipped with equivalent missiles.

10. Izengrimm

Izengrimm Chieftain

They aren't but surely these units should have similar lethal effect in game

11. Izengrimm

Izengrimm Chieftain

a little bit of humour))

The Shadow of the Future

stealth.jpg

12. Civinator

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Izengrimm likes this.
  13. ynot56

ynot56 Chieftain

Any Idea when the next version of RARR will be released.

keli likes this.
  14. Civinator

I´m still hoping: This year.

15. Izengrimm

Izengrimm Chieftain

Just came to mind: C3C does have the Mayans civ but RARR doesn't

Is it possible for Mayans to return in some future mod versions? Personally I miss them much

PS. Were they replaced by Sioux civ?

16. Civinator

RARR is based on RAR and RAR is based on DyP. The oldest bix (and biq) I have is a bix of DyP2 and even in that file there were no Mayans. When looking at the DyP2 and C3C files, indeed it seems that the Mayans were replaced by the Sioux in DyP (and the following biqs).

At present it is not planed to introduce the Mayas to RARR. In that case a lot of units must be adjusted and some new units must be found, what would be a lot of work - and the decisive question would still remain: What civ should be skipped for them? I don´t want to skip any of the existing civs in RARR.

Edit: The Mayas were introduced to standard Civ 3 with the expansion C3C, so they didn´t exist as a civ in PTW, when DyP was concepted.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  17. Gmelchett

Gmelchett Chieftain

Isn't "Aircraft carrier (WWII)" enabled by the "Naval aviation" a bit late in the development tree?
    It is on the same level as "Nuclear power" which enables "Carrier" which is superior.

In general, IMHO I it would be helpful that for each unit/building/etc it states which invention that makes the unit/building/etc available.
    I won't be that hard to write a python script that add such a link in the civilopedia. I can do that.
    @Civinator, do you think it is a good idea?

18. Civinator

Gmelchett, thank you very much for your input and offer for RARR. :)

The tech 'Nuclear power' is the 5th tech starting from tech 'Naval aviation' to be researched - what is quite a lot of technological distance in RARR.
    Nevertheless I will consider this post when reordering the techtree, what will not happen in the next version of RARR.

I´m not sure, if I have understood this completely correct. The note about the tech, that is needed for a building or an unit is one of the features of the civilopedia, that in my eyes is working best. I demonstrate this with the unit aircraft carrier 'Ark Royal':

The civilopedia entry of that unit shows, that this unit is available with the tech 'Naval Aviation'. If you click into the image of that tech, the civilopedia entry for that tech opens, showing the path to that tech and the units and buildings, that this tech is holding. This information about the needed tech is provided in the civilopedia for all of the units and all of the buildings. So at present I think, that such a python script is not needed yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  19. Gmelchett

Gmelchett Chieftain

@Civinator, Thank you for your elaborate answer!!

Ah, I missed the small arrows in between.

I didn't get much right when I wrote that post :) I was also wrong what was missing tech link. Look here at Chichen Itza, no statement of what technology that is needed:

20. Civinator

Gmelchett, Chichen Itza is an exception. It doesn´t need a tech, but three temples. That´s why here no tech perequisite is showing up in the autolinked civilopedia. Of course the temples themselves need a tech (Mythology) and therefore the old creators of DyP/RARcould have set Chichen Itza to the tech Mythology - but they didn´t set it this way. On the other side, when you are clicking on the link to the temples, you can see the needed tech for them.