Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

My only point was that since the BtS AI seems to understand how to use its navies, then moving back in that direction might be an approach to consider. You know about Tholal's More Naval AI mod, of course, and a while back I started a naval AI brainstorming thread, in which I suggested simplifying the upgrade paths to resemble those in unmodded BtS.

Anyway, this isn't really a discussion for the bug thread, sorry -- unless poor naval AI qualifies as a bug. And sounds like you've made some progress in getting more effective AI navies, which is all to the good.

The animal spawns are a bit much in this game.
Spoiler :

I do not like spider lairs.:undecide:

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword 2011-04-27 14-58-12-41.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword 2011-04-27 14-58-12-41.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 321
The scions civ spell "The breach" can spawn the units on mountains. If those mountains are surrounded by mountains then the units are useless.

Hotkeys are still all messed up. Probably someone should go through and make a matrix of what keys do what, and then fix all the programming. A bunch of them will have to be reassigned because right now they're duplicates.

The pic for Goodreau the leader is different from the pic for Goodreau the Great Merchant.

The "Master" buildings (e.g., Master Fletcher) say "-10% Military Unit Production" while it gives +10%:hammers:. Is that correct? The building gives 10% :hammers: and subtracts 10% for military units, breaking even, which means the effective 10% bonus is for everything except military units. That's kind of odd for a building whose concept is to aid military units.

My starting scout warped in on top of Leptum Frigius. I got the "walk the corridors" menu. But the Leptum is gone... nothing there. All that's left is an instance of ice mana.

I found that in my current game(where beast unit sea serpents will enter civ borders), a beast unit spider is able to attack into my borders from neutral territory.

I think beasts of all types will enter borders with impunity.

The pic for Goodreau the leader is different from the pic for Goodreau the Great Merchant.

I'll check it, but not sure it'll change; If anything the Great Merchant would go away.

The "Master" buildings (e.g., Master Fletcher) say "-10% Military Unit Production" while it gives +10%:hammers:. Is that correct? The building gives 10% :hammers: and subtracts 10% for military units, breaking even, which means the effective 10% bonus is for everything except military units. That's kind of odd for a building whose concept is to aid military units.

Correct.

My starting scout warped in on top of Leptum Frigius. I got the "walk the corridors" menu. But the Leptum is gone... nothing there. All that's left is an instance of ice mana.

Odd... I'll check it out.

I found that in my current game(where beast unit sea serpents will enter civ borders), a beast unit spider is able to attack into my borders from neutral territory.

I think beasts of all types will enter borders with impunity.

Wodan is correct.

Hello,

I installed Civ4 today and i test your mod with a friend on his old computer.

I decided to retrieve my old civ 4 cd and try to install it on my windows 7 (x64) computer.

I got :

- Rise from Erebus 1.31
- Your last patch (in the topic downloads)

I launch the mod, i got the starter, and when i want to start the game, nothing happened. My colors set is disabled by windows, it's load and...nothing. It stop to load everything and nothing start :'(

Could you help me please ?

Thanks to you :)

Some questions for Zoloom:

Do you have the Beyond the Sword expansion for Civ4 installed? RifE needs that.

If you do have it, did you update it to the latest version (3.19)? You may need to download and install the patch manually for that.

Some questions for Zoloom:

Do you have the Beyond the Sword expansion for Civ4 installed? RifE needs that.

If you do have it, did you update it to the latest version (3.19)? You may need to download and install the patch manually for that.

That was that ! Thank you very much :)

ErebusContinent script puts wastelands on the map w/o d'tesh being around, so they are useless for everyone else, and not removable.

Flexible difficulty; I am tied for highest score but it seems like every time I find another civ the difficulty goes down, started on deity now on monarch. )-:

Odd... I'll check it out.

I remember a similar issue - the algorithm that removed lairs near the spawn point removed the Letum Frigus as well, might want to check that out.

Ok, my Ranger is sitting in Anta, my ally. One of his ubiquitous N/A spiders attacks me. I kill it. Immediately the game grants me ownership of Anta as if I had conquered it, and either kills or forces retreat of his other units which were in the city (not sure which, there are too many units running around to be sure). It does not put me at war with him, just gives me the city.

Ok, my Ranger is sitting in Anta, my ally. One of his ubiquitous N/A spiders attacks me. I kill it. Immediately the game grants me ownership of Anta as if I had conquered it, and either kills or forces retreat of his other units which were in the city (not sure which, there are too many units running around to be sure). It does not put me at war with him, just gives me the city.
Update: previously I had returned control of Anta to the Archos (because keeping or razing it due to a bug would have been lame). My ranger is now healed and sees another spider on an adjacent tile, attacks it, and the whole thing happens again. My captured spider goes to the tile of Anta, the game gives me the city (without declaring war), oh and all his garrison troops are forced to retreat is what happens.

Top Bottom