Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

This sounds interesting. Will units with the drowned promotion count as undead? Gaining undead immunities and access to the cannibalize promotion for all my super units? All hail the Overlords! :D

Probably already reported but here goes:

Sometimes an enemy unit that is attacking my stack will drag a unit to a different square and my unit will attack it rather than it attacking me. Other times it attacks my unit and wins and then drags a second unit to an adjoining square and that attacks the enemy unit. The worse time this happened was when a wild lizardman attacked my starting city, dragging both my warriors out of the city allowing it to move into the city and then one of the warriors attacked it. Even though the warrior won the fight the game was lost as the two warriors moving out of the city square allowed the lizardman to walk right in and capture the city.

Another game-breaking bug was with the svartalfar where I declared war on them without actually declaring war on them. I was at war with the Hippus at the time helping the Svartalfar. One of the svartalfar hidden nationality units attacked me and lost. Maybe it was the culture gain through combat victory that caused it? It wasn't a capitulation by the Hippus or anything like that as I checked that. I couldn't find any obvious in game cause for the declaration of war.

I'm not sure if this is the place for this one. I did a fresh install and svn update. I have now lost the new graphics for the mana nodes. I installed 1.30-1.31-1.31.195-religion tunes-svn checkout and cleanup...any ideas?

So, I've recently reinstalled and did the 1.30+ patches. Using the SVN. Some things are different now. I used the SVN before I reinstalled. In my new Bannor game my angel that I just rescued cannot join my captains army. I do believe I had him join a captain in a previous game with at least svn 242. If this is intended I apologize.

Thanks. Great work all in all. You guys really have put new life in to ffh for me.

Research advancements that should make certain improvements faster to build don't seem to work. Using 1.30->1.31->1.31.195->religion tunes.
I even installed civ4/warlords/BTS/mod on another computer just to be sure, but the problem persists.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the launcher gives me a couple of error massages, the same as described by a different person here: http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=220. His problem didn't seem to happen to anyone else but us 2, but it might be connected to the problem above. And yes, I am aware it's in the beta forum- mine happens in the "stable" version. loaded the bannor chain of command and this problem was fixed.

These have all been very likely reported already but I CBA to read 83 page thread in its entirety. If any or all of these have already been addressed then I apologize.

* Hell Terrain isn't showing up, regardless of what I do or gameplay options I choose.

* There's a "crazed killer" event in which you can recruit him as an Axeman with 10XP and the Crazed promotion. The Axeman comes with no XP. Also, the "Asylum" option doesn't list any prerequisites, but I couldn't choose it (as Mechanos, with starting civics)

* Resources appearing "due to warmer climate" appear on still frozen terrain. Not sure if that's really a bug or not, but camels roaming in hilly, evergreen forests covered in snow look a bit odd.

* This is more nitpicking than anything else, but it's = it is; it is not a possessive. I notice the mix up in nearly every instance of "it's" usage within the game.

* Numerous promotions (ex Mechanos Affinity) contain inaccurate text in either the main screen, Civilopedia, or both...though that's probably a WIP.

* The "Goblins are poisoning your land" event either makes me fight the horde or send an adept. Problem is, the prerequisite is Nature Mana. Wouldn't simply having an adept (or the ability to create them) or that + Nature Mana make more sense?

Also, and I apologize that this is more of a complaint than an actual bug, but whenever I play as the Svartalfar, the Ljosalfar constantly declare war on me (and only me) regardless of their "friendly" attitude, pitiful army, or the AC. I don't know if the two civs warring is rooted in FF/FFH/RiFE/LMNOP lore or what have you, but the Ljosalfar are committing what amounts to mass suicide in all of my Svartalfar games. It just seems a little odd that a civ that usually has a +8 or more attitude towards me becomes hostile for what appears to be no reason. Normally I'd figure that another civ was asking/forcing them to, but it happens way too often for that to be the case.

Last thing (finally!) is that multiple units can explore a lair if grouped together. I was wondering if this was intentional or not, since each unit gives a separate result.

All that said, I'm really liking this mod(mod), and look forward to trying out all the reworked and new civs. The Mechanos, my current civ, is quickly becoming a favorite. Witch Hunters do NOT mess around.

Hell Terrain isn't showing up, regardless of what I do or gameplay options I choose.
Has someone summoned Hyborem by researching The Infernal Pact technology? That's how hell terrain starts off.

Also, the "Asylum" option doesn't list any prerequisites, but I couldn't choose it (as Mechanos, with starting civics)
Gonna guess you need the asylum building, which is Octopus Overlords only. Possibly the Mechanos being non-religous would affect that somehowmaybeIdon'treallyknow.
I don't know if the two civs warring is rooted in FF/FFH/RiFE/LMNOP lore or what have you
It really really really is.

Also, and I apologize that this is more of a complaint than an actual bug, but whenever I play as the Svartalfar, the Ljosalfar constantly declare war on me (and only me) regardless of their "friendly" attitude, pitiful army, or the AC. I don't know if the two civs warring is rooted in FF/FFH/RiFE/LMNOP lore or what have you, but the Ljosalfar are committing what amounts to mass suicide in all of my Svartalfar games. It just seems a little odd that a civ that usually has a +8 or more attitude towards me becomes hostile for what appears to be no reason. Normally I'd figure that another civ was asking/forcing them to, but it happens way too often for that to be the case.

Lucky, I usually have to declare war on them myself when I play svart...you must be using the RiFE mod of the year edition that recently came out.:mischief:

Has someone summoned Hyborem by researching The Infernal Pact technology? That's how hell terrain starts off.
On my current game as the Mechanos, not yet. However, in my last three games I founded Ashen Veil twice and they never showed up, I wasn't given the option to play as them either. I've seen the Frozen pop up once, though.

Gonna guess you need the asylum building, which is Octopus Overlords only. Possibly the Mechanos being non-religous would affect that somehowmaybeIdon'treallyknow.
I figured it was civ/religion specific, I wanted to point out that the red prereq. text was missing. Figures OO is one of two religions I haven't tried yet.

It really really really is.
Kinda figured, but yeah I probably should read up on the "history" of the civs at some point. Still, it does seem strange that they'd war with me given the circumstances. Do they have some negative "a first impression is a lasting one" modifier or something?

Lucky, I usually have to declare war on them myself when I play svart...
Really? Usually as soon as the peace treaty is canceled, they declare war again! :crazyeye:

On my current game as the Mechanos, not yet. However, in my last three games I founded Ashen Veil twice and they never showed up, I wasn't given the option to play as them either. I've seen the Frozen pop up once, though.

You need to research Infernal Pact, just founding AV isn't enough...

You need to research Infernal Pact, just founding AV isn't enough...

I've always thought they should be summoned by a building, kind of like how Basium is summoned.

@BoringUsername:
I usually play with the random leader personality option, so that could have something to do with it...:mischief:

@Torugu: Sorry, I worded that badly. I meant to include Infernal Pact as well as finding AV. I usually go all the way to Future Tech in my games and still, nothing.

My current game had to end anyway, since about 95% of the map got covered in blizzard and slowed everything to a crawl. ;I

@Torugu: Sorry, I worded that badly. I meant to include Infernal Pact as well as finding AV. I usually go all the way to Future Tech in my games and still, nothing.

My current game had to end anyway, since about 95% of the map got covered in blizzard and slowed everything to a crawl. ;I

If you play with "compact enforced" checked then neither Basium nor Hyborem will show up. There is another option called "No hell terrain" which does just as it suggests. Sorry if you've mentioned you didn't play with these options.

Have you started a play now game to make sure there are no hidden options stopping Hyborem from appearing?

Also, I really recommended turning off the Frozen. They're just... Blehhh.

IIRC hell terrain is not displayed when there are snow tiles...

Nope, the issue is the VariableLeash. It's not wiped correctly.

That's very odd that that worked.

In the file CvEventManager.py, I changed the code from:

if iUnitType == Hero["Acheron"]:
pUnit.setHasPromotion(Promo["Held"], False)

to:

if iUnitType == Hero["Acheron"]:
pUnit.setHasPromotion(Promo["Acheron Leashed"], False)

and the fix worked. Acheron was still leashed before I captured him but then I was able to move him after capturing him.

Cheers.

Blight is extremely severe. I've attached a few screenshots to illustrate.

I'm reporting this in the bug thread, because I remember that back in base FfH2 it was discovered that the Blight was twice as severe as intended. The discussion that led to its being finally fixed ranges over pages 97-99 of the FfH2 Bug Thread.

Sephi came up with a fix in this post, the success of which Kael confirmed in this post.

Of course, if you intend for Blight to be as severe as it is, then feel free to disregard this. Otherwise, I hope this is helpful.

What speed do you play at? I've never seen it that high, but I have noticed not everything is balanced for other then normal speed.

Top Bottom