Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

The Necromanican (or what ever the name of that book you can build after AV) can't be dropped.
It can be traded from unit to unit but can't be dropped or returned to a city.

The Infernal Grimoire? I'm not even sure it should be tradable, only picked up after the owner is slain.

It is tradable, and it gives +100% GPP in a city.
But once picked up, it can't be returned into building mode.

ok i found a nagging bug which kinda takes 1 great aspect of playing Ljolsofar and Svaltalfar civs... its possible to build in forests / ancient forests untill you discover bronze working, after bronze working the workers cut down forests like any other workers do (but at a slower rate), i enjoy the health and production increase of being these civs :(

also is there anything (modules or anything else) that can help sort out the... unstable nature of RiFE, i love the mod, even moreso than FF which i loved alot, but its so unstable and crashes to desktop on many occasions, one reaccuring crash always seems to happen if i give workers the withdrawing promotion (but there are many other things that seem to cause CTDs)

ty for any help and if u fix it the elv forest problem

ok i found a nagging bug which kinda takes 1 great aspect of playing Ljolsofar and Svaltalfar civs... its possible to build in forests / ancient forests untill you discover bronze working, after bronze working the workers cut down forests like any other workers do (but at a slower rate), i enjoy the health and production increase of being these civs :(

Known, and fixed in the next version. In the meantime, if you download the No Linked Builds mod, it has a workaround for the problem.

I have had some strange problems lately with Rife:

- corruption of save games (not sure what triggers this, but the save is lost)
- animals stealing (goblin) forts from fort commanders! (I blame either hamsters or squirels)
- (goblin) forts loosing their fort commander for no apparent reason (I reloaded and stationed a warrior there and it didn't happen again... I think they just defected, traitors)

Oh, and Opelia of Bannor needs something to say when she starts a war instead of just a cold glare. ;)

Oh, and Opelia of Bannor needs something to say when she starts a war instead of just a cold glare.
Somehow, I actually found that fun to witness.

...- (goblin) forts loosing their fort commander for no apparent reason (I reloaded and stationed a warrior there and it didn't happen again... I think they just defected, traitors)...

Not sure if this is the cause, but I accidentally gave a fort commander a +1 movement promotion. Then, when moving a stack through his fort, I inadvertently included him in the move on the next turn. He moved with the stack. Then, the turn after that, he disappeared, never to be seen again. (He had been up in that remote outpost for a very, very long time... He probably went for some R&R. Staring at sheep every day for a century probably did something to him...)

It'd be easy to test. Give a fort commander +1 movement then move him out of the fort. If he disappears the next turn, maybe this is what is happening to the gobbies?

Not sure if this is the cause, but I accidentally gave a fort commander a +1 movement promotion. Then, when moving a stack through his fort, I inadvertently included him in the move on the next turn. He moved with the stack. Then, the turn after that, he disappeared, never to be seen again. (He had been up in that remote outpost for a very, very long time... He probably went for some R&R. Staring at sheep every day for a century probably did something to him...)

It'd be easy to test. Give a fort commander +1 movement then move him out of the fort. If he disappears the next turn, maybe this is what is happening to the gobbies?

That ACTUALLy happens. If you move a fort commander out of a tile and let it pass the turn there, it will die the next turn. This is easily achievable since Force I Accelerate allows the fort commanders to move.
But there could be another explanation: Goblin forts can both be explored and claimed. You can claim a fort and then explore it. If the fort is destroyed from the exploration (replaced by a common, non-explorable goblin fort) the newly created fort commander will die next turn. Then you have to claim the fort again.

Oh well, I'm pretty sure I had no option to give such a promotion, but I keep that in mind for the future.

With that static lives, certainly those fort commanders need a psychological evaluation twice a century at least, unless they are undead. At least they are better off than scouts. Those poor folk usually carry a collection of curses, diseases and a maddening spirit or two.

But there could be another explanation: Goblin forts can both be explored and claimed. You can claim a fort and then explore it. If the fort is destroyed from the exploration (replaced by a common, non-explorable goblin fort) the newly created fort commander will die next turn. Then you have to claim the fort again.

That must have been what happened to me then. Invisible scout "explored" my goblin fort.

On the main map, when i hover my mouse over the city name bar the pop-up has some big pink squares on it instead of a building symbol. This only (so far) happens as the Mechanos.

On the main map, when i hover my mouse over the city name bar the pop-up has some big pink squares on it instead of a building symbol. This only (so far) happens as the Mechanos.

Happens in my games as well, no matter who I am playing. It's probably some graphics thumbnail files that were either not done yet or assigned improperly. IIRC, there have been posts regarding "pink squares" before and they're being "fixed."

Still I think we should report any of these functions we encounter. To help them not miss any.
Also, the planar gates are having that problem as well.

Using the Scions of Patria worldspell removes the Reborn chance meter and stops Reborn spawning. Birthright regained doesn't seem to work with The Breach, either.

Using the Scions of Patria worldspell removes the Reborn chance meter and stops Reborn spawning. Birthright regained doesn't seem to work with The Breach, either.

Did you get enough awakened from the world spell to push you over the limit? The Scions have a limit based on map size as to how many awakened they can spawn from % chance spawning, so it's entirely possible that the Breach pushed you over that limit if you were close to it when you cast the spell.

Top Bottom