Rise from Erebus Frequently Asked Questions

it's one of the worldspells that's causing me headaches. not even counting the unbalance, it's just plain unfun to be at the receiving end of it. on the other end, it fits the illians so very well... so i'm a bit puzzled as to what to do with it

No, I think it was some patching error. It works now. Thanks.

Anyway, wanted to ask, how long does the Stasis world spell last? I assume that epic increases the duration by 50% or so, but it's been what feel like 20 rounds already.

edit:
I saved the game, killed most my units and just hit enter a dozen times. I didn't actually count but it took about 10 more turns. Getting a (what felt like) 30 turn headstart is pretty insane.
edit2:
The Sidar world spell isn't explained in the Wikipedia. Does it make their cities unattackable for a while?
The Sidar world spell gives all existent Sidar units the Hidden promotion, making them invisible to nearly all non-recon units. I've never used the wiki, which would certainly have more accurate information on Rise from Erebus content, but for anything that is unchanged from FfH2, including the Sidar world spell, I recommend the manual.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ffh-2-manual.265888/

Incidentally, when I mentioned the "Hidden" promotion in my last post, I meant "Hidden nationality", the one that makes them look like barbarians.

Is there any thought about making a new map size that would be large enough to fit all 35 civs?

a bit hesitant to do so, but will probably happen at some point ( note that you can manually change the size of maps in Assets/XML/GameInfo/CIV4WorldInfo.xml
then, around the end of the file, you'll find the lines : <iGridWidth>32</iGridWidth> <iGridHeight>20</iGridHeight>
increase the values in there to get larger maps for Huge
)

Speaking of that, what's the best mapscript to use for a new game? I am basically starting my first new game in your SVN version ever. My old go to was erebus continents but that was back years ago.

I just want to say that, having tried the SVN version out for an evening it has reminded me of why I love FFH and CIV4. So I guess that means you did a bloody good job.

Is this a completely different mod to Ashes of Erebus? Or a mod of it? Or a mod that Ashes of Erebus was made from?

It's basically a continuation. The AOE mod went through several iterations and abandonment. IIRC it started off as Fall Further, than it became Final Fixes, Final Fixes Reborn, than Rise From Erebus and now it's Ashes of Erebus. Basically every time the mod team changed significantly so did the name. But because it's all been using the same subforum you'll find mixed threads from all the stages.

And whilst I imagine you probably could find a playable version of any of them (assuming the downloads still work) I would advise you to check out the newest one as it's the most developed, the only one still receiving bug fixes and the one with the best and most varied art.

Rise from Erebus was before Final Fixes, which was basically a reaction to RifE being abandoned.
My bad. It's hard to keep track of the renames.

Hello guys, could please someone advice me a more or less stable build, for playing with couple of friends with relatively ok AI. From fall further to ashes of erebus.

Top Bottom