Rise of Mankind 2.8 Feedback and bug reports

i for got to mention that it can also be runtime errors. al the run time error say the same thing:

Runtime Erroor!

Program:...er's Civilization4\Beyond the Sword\Civilization4 Beyond the Sword.exe
this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
please contact the application's support team for more information.

RoM lite ok ill try. how different is it from the full, and would i be able to use the civ addon pack with it and your modmod pack?

It doesn't have the movies for some wonders, and a few less leaders. We're just testing to see if it works, though, you don't have to stick with it.

Is it just me or am I being ignored:)...

It seems that the Focke Wulf FW190 is a UU of Celtica and the Vikings when it was a German made plane(And yet miraculously it isn't a German UU). Could someone tell me why that is, and could someone tell me how I could change it myself?

Aesthetics is generally on the lowest tier of consideration for modding. Getting everything else to work is more important.

There is likely no logical reason for why that unit is the way it is. If you wish to change it, I would first find a suitable replacement in the unit art forums, and find some tutorials for changing/units. It shouldn't be too hard.

There is a cap on the number of experience points kept when any unit is upgraded. This is controlled in the XML. File GlobalDefines.xml tag MAX_EXPERIENCE_AFTER_UPGRADE value is 16 normally.

Warning, changing the global defines will break any save games! Wait until you finish yours, or give up.

To soup567:

Your system specs should have been enough to at least open the game, although I couldn't say how well it would run. My old computer could handle RoM 2.71, albeit slowly, and I only had a 1.1 Ghz processor, 2 gig ram, Win XP, but a fairly new graphics card. I could start a huge map (default number of civs) on RoM Custom Continents. This was very taxing on my system, and I even had a half minute wait time between early turns, although I rarely had problems with the game crashing the typical 'your comp can't handle this' killers.

Why I mention all this is that your comp -should-, by my understanding, be able to at least start up a game. I'm suspecting, unfortunately, that something else is a bit wrong, perhaps a corrupt file of RoM or Civ itself. Hopefully Afforess's latest suggestion will get you playing again; but if not, you may want to try some of the things mentioned to others, such as clearing your cache.

Warning, changing the global defines will break any save games! Wait until you finish yours, or give up.

Are you sure about that. I'm almost sure that changing will not break savegames. Adding or removing defines will however.

And just a few observations (that likely shouldnt be blamed on RoM, but on the components (Better AI, RevDCM etc)) :

(1) The worker AI still needs a lot of improvement. I saw a worker tearing up a town to build a farm, while another worker on the same city was destroying a farm to build a cottage..... 1 step forward, 5 steps back....

(2) The Ships can now cross land if its diagno.
XO
OX

(3) The Revolution seemed strange, as I was attacked by a civ, I then conquered him, and there after liberated him. (Did anyone say Iraq/Afganisthan).
The liberation (Vasaling/colonizing) counted like I lost 14 cities to an enemy, and made widespread revolutions in all my cities..... I just wanted to give them freedom and democracy :cry:

Is it just me or am I being ignored:)...

It seems that the Focke Wulf FW190 is a UU of Celtica and the Vikings when it was a German made plane(And yet miraculously it isn't a German UU). Could someone tell me why that is, and could someone tell me how I could change it myself?
FW190 was used in Lapland during Continuation War (WWII).. Germany was Finnish ally during WWII so that was the reason why I gave FW190 to Vikings - not exactly historical accurate, more like "what-if" situation but it was 2.5years ago when this unit was added to the mod and I didn't have time to look more information what planes Nordic countries had at that time and what unit models actually existed on these forums.

Are you sure about that. I'm almost sure that changing will not break savegames. Adding or removing defines will however.

They do, because global defines are constant variables, referenced many times in the SDK. If they change, so does the hash for saves; breaking any existing saves.

They do, because global defines are constant variables, referenced many times in the SDK. If they change, so does the hash for saves; breaking any existing saves.
Hmm... I changed the max number of wonders and that did not break my save.:think:

Top Bottom