1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind 2.8 Feedback and bug reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Oct 24, 2009.

1. os79

os79 Deity

Zappara, I think it is no longer the matter of computer power only. I think the loading of Modules with high memory count being a part of the process is disruptive for some reason.

My specs (medium level):
    3 GB RAM
    320 GB HD Memory
    Radeon x1250 :frown:
    2.3GHz speed (Dual core)
    Windows 7 32-bit

My additional tweakings:
    Used that special explorer to overwrite the BtS exe with the one that address more than 2 GB of memory...
    3GB switch in Windows 7 (bcdedit.exe/set increaseversa 3072)

So there! My computer did play your megaciv in 2.71 just fine. I just removed what civs I did not want and extracted the PAK art to their proper folders.

So I think the Runtime error is weird here...

2. os79

os79 Deity

Found the solution!

It is frightening easy and embarassing!

I just went to Performance Windows and clicked on Visual Settings. I clicked on the "best Performance for programs" that effectively cut out an entire set of Windows 7's extra visual bullsh*t. I then restarted to turn off Windows Smoothing that I didn't even need anyway because of my ZoomText (special program for low vision).

And BINGO!!!! my GEM map works again!!!!

Now, try that and see if your civpack works... maybe... After all, it is a bigger pack than just one gigantic scenario.

3. Elucidus

Elucidus King

My problems all seem to stem around saves that can't be uncompressed at seemingly random times in a game, though even after I go back to a good save after that same point new saves don't work. Some fail to decompress some just ctd with no other error.

I am playing multiplayer and had two random ctds for one of us, but we were able to rejoin with no problems.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have occasionally had this problem. For some reason clearing the cache fixed it so I could load the save. No idea why and it did not always work, but it might be worth a try.

5. os79

os79 Deity

Additional possible solution to Civpack Megapack problem:

I went ahead and installed (minus python files sicne after analyzing the winmerge, I realized they were for callbacks and Afforess' DLL already did the same job). I started the game just fine. I went ahead to Play Now to test each civilizations and their leaders one by one.

Well, it seems that only Argentina crashes my game every time I clicked on it. I went ahead and deleted it from Custom Civilizations folder.

Zappara, and others, you might want to test whether or not removing Argentina works for you. I have to test STARTING an actual game and will report back later...

6. os79

os79 Deity

UPDATE ON MEGACIVPACK

Well, I am presently autoplaying a game with only one selected civ, mine: China. I saw the resulting list in scoreboard that there are two megaciv civs in there :).

So to make the long story short: Megaciv pack works!

Thanks Zappara!

7. szemek77

szemek77 Prince

Thank you very much for the explanation, I'll try that.

Oh, this would be just great. I believe that for most players, picking up some desired civs would be great enough. MegaPack, is just too big to handle by regular computers, not to mention, that even lucky owners of monster configs complained about it.

Another great news. I really wait for your patch and final version of Afforess's New Dawn. It is always worth to thank you guys a lot for your tremendous efforts.

8. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I think last changes for v2.81 were made yesterday so I can begin testing the patch today. Few things that I changed yesterday: Seafaring trait is now more useful as it will give Amphibious promotions instead of Navigation I (vikings were good at making attacks from sea). Maximum amount of trade routes increased from 12 to 16 (I calculated all trade route changes and 12 was too limiting for some strategies). Fixed couple reported bugs (revolution python and tech strategy entries), improved Sevopedia's tech screen a bit (for making v2.9 this helps me a lot), lowered Praetorian's strength to 8, made visible the requirement of coast for several buildings/wonders etc... I thought this patch would have small list of changes but it's getting huge... I'll post the changes list tomorrow.

9. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Spoiler :
    I like the Seafaring change a lot!:goodjob:

10. azuil

azuil Chieftain

Heyho,

First of all; this is a great mod, thanks!

My crashlog and savegame are attatched

And here's my story:

Played this game fine on vista x64, and a few days ago, I upgraded to win 7 x64. Installed civ 4, warlords, bts and all the updates, RoM2.8, and tried to open my savegame.

And there's where i get my ctd. Making a new game in RoM2.8 works, but opening my savegame doesn't.

I haven't read the 25 pages in the bug report, sorry for that, but I hope the logs are helpful and the solution is simple....

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

11. saladino93

saladino93 Chieftain

hello, i had previously the same problem with rom 2.7 version, now i'm having it again with 2.8... i've tried to remember to do what you told me to do to solve the problem with 2.7, but i've done it 8at least what i remember) and it keep just giving error... :( here go my logs..

regards, ;)

Attached Files:

12. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

nice avatar ;)

On topic, probably because of system changes, have you tried saving and opening a new save?

13. azuil

azuil Chieftain

Thanks, although I haven't tried the civic yet,

Yeah, i tried that and saving and opening works (even opening the savegame directly from windows).

I haven't tried this yet; but i'm downloading RoM 2.71 right now. Maybe that helps...

Nope, that also doesn't work. Game crashes while loading. (And i was going so well with this game :S)

Again; the logs attached...

Attached Files:

14. 50caliber

50caliber Warlord

I tried to play the GEM with 2.8 and the altered civs were back to their originals, Australia was back to being Celts etc.. Is there anyway to fix this? GEM worked fine with 2.71...

15. os79

os79 Deity

One txt_key error for Ashanti civ in its description in the scoreboard.

16. RobO

RobO King

There is a problem with the Hotel. The popup from the button says it gives +5% money as well as 7.26, which doesn't compute in my world. And Market should give a higher percentage but gives a lower money value. See the enclosed example. I can't get 7.26 to be a nice percentage - what is the formula?

It may, ofc. give something different from 7.26 - the actual value after building it isn't visible on the city screen AFAIK.

Edit: Oh, I see: It's the extra trade route yield. Still, it's overpowered and should be toned down. Make it one or the other, not both.

Attached Files:

17. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

18. Zharkov

Zharkov Chieftain

Thank you for making this nice mod, I enjoyed playing it, and noticed a few issues by the way. I am not sure if they are outright bugs.

Playing 2.8, small map:

1. BUGmod unit name feature does not count correctly: command ^cntct^ should count units from a specific city, but counts every build unit by whole empire
    2. Design: Gold, Silver, and Gems do get prod. deduction if mine build upon, I don not see the rationale behind this, e.g. Gold is essential for building computers, mobile phones, washing mashines, etc.
    3. set galleys etc. on auto explore and they leave shore and happily drown themselves
    4. Design: I think wonder limit should be inversely scaled for map size as on small maps there are less cities qualified for wonders
    5. pedia: paved road can be easily confused with paved roads
    6. pedia: transportation (roads, etc.) are somewhat dissatisfying documented
    7. colour differences in the techtree are difficult to see for the colorblind
    8. pedia: Typo in Early Destroyer "agaisnt" should be "against"
    9. AI could make more use of pillaging, especially when just moving stacks to and fro in their enemies' borders
    10. patch 2.81 broke my saved game, perhaps somekind of warning would be advisable

19. afa2000

afa2000 Time to die

BUG V. 2.8 with hotfix installed.

I noticed a bug. Scientific research gets a boost after regenerating map a couple times. It started at 11-12 beakers and now I get almost 1 beaker each time I regenerate. I'm playing with Henry VIII (sci-ind) and Siamese Empire.

Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

20. afa2000

afa2000 Time to die

I've just tried 2.81 and the same bug keeps happening.