Rise of Mankind 2.8 Feedback and bug reports

It may depend which value you switch. I've switched the delay times on message without a problem, but couldn't load any saved game after changing the maximum number of trade routes per city.

I can never get the civ pack to work in 2.8 full or mega. I'm a newbie so I would appreciate some help thanks in advance

Tried to find a consolidated known issue list, but didn't see it.

I noticed in the game I'm playing that the AI workers were making paved roads despite not having access to stone. Anyone else notice this?

Tried to find a consolidated known issue list, but didn't see it.

I noticed in the game I'm playing that the AI workers were making paved roads despite not having access to stone. Anyone else notice this?

Are you sure the AI wasn't trading for stone?

Are you sure the AI wasn't trading for stone?

That is what I thought at first, but the AI making the paved roads was a vassal with very limited resources. How can I double verify that he it isn't getting stone from somewhere? The only reason I noticed this was I'm playing on a map with very little stone and it seems like everyone can make paved roads but myself when only half of the AI's should have access to it.

I installed Rom 2.8 Mega, Afforess's New Dawn 1.50beta4. My comp managed to crawl into RoM opening menu, then I pressed the "single game", and after long thinking my comp said: runtime error! goodbye!

I'm wondering - beta is the problem, or my comp.....

I installed Rom 2.8 Mega, Afforess's New Dawn 1.50beta4. My comp managed to crawl into RoM opening menu, then I pressed the "single game", and after long thinking my comp said: runtime error! goodbye!

The mega pack will slow it down a LOT. All those new civs will do that.

The mega pack probably. It wasn't meant for low-medium end computers

Talking about Megaciv...

Zappara, or anyone else who knows, what civ(s) do the python file belong with? just in case I decide to merge only select civs.
Thanks!

Me and half the other leaders in a game, are getting great people every turn, i have a huge great person score aswell =/

could the game maps, the python be set to use cpickle not pickle? because I like really big map and I don't like map generation taking such a long time

The mega pack probably. It wasn't meant for low-medium end computers

My comp would be offended :)

Core 2 Duo 7300, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 9800GTX, WIN XP SP3....

My question is as this - is there any way to "pick" some civs from mega pack
and put it into RoM 2.8 in a easy way? Probably not....

I think you can copy/paste some of them in directly. You may have to copy the MLF file as well. And you may have to check the leaders to see if you need to copy some of them as well.

I'd like a precise answer to this as well.

This is with RoM 2.8 Full Hotfix3 and without Modmods.
Occasionally I get the following Python Error:

1st snippet from Pythondbg.log

13:11:12 TRACE: Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method Revolution.onEndPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at 0x1FAAC940>>
13:11:12 TRACE: local variable 'iPlayer' referenced before assignment

2nd snippet from PythonErr.log

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 360, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "Revolution", line 600, in onEndPlayerTurn
File "Revolution", line 1004, in updatePlayerRevolution
File "Revolution", line 2163, in checkForRevolution
File "Revolution", line 2707, in pickRevolutionStyle
File "Revolution", line 4699, in makeRevolutionDecision
File "Revolution", line 5507, in processRevolution
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'iPlayer' referenced before assignment

Seems to happen when one or more AI Cities are revolting.

How to migrate civs from megapack:

• First, you go to the Custom Civilizations of megapack (extracted to Desktoop).
  • Second, select what civs you want.
  • Third, go to Edit->Move Folders.
  • Next, in the pop-up window, go to Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations and click OK.
  • Next, just in case, do the same for the MLFLoading xml file, and overwrite when asked for. This isonly in case the RoM's MLF file don't have a certain civ in there. The Megaciv's MLF file should have everything already set up.
  • Now, I'm waiting for Zappara's answer about the python file. When I get the precise answer for that question, then depending on what civ you pick, move over and overwrite when asked for that python file in the Megaciv.
  • Now enjoy!

each time I try to get to the 1618th tern of a grate game I'm having it gets stuck on "wating for other civalisations". I don't think It's a biger game than I usualy have on this computer.
Any sugetions?

This is with RoM 2.8 Full Hotfix3 and without Modmods.
Occasionally I get the following Python Error:

1st snippet from Pythondbg.log

13:11:12 TRACE: Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method Revolution.onEndPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at 0x1FAAC940>>
13:11:12 TRACE: local variable 'iPlayer' referenced before assignment

2nd snippet from PythonErr.log

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 360, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "Revolution", line 600, in onEndPlayerTurn
File "Revolution", line 1004, in updatePlayerRevolution
File "Revolution", line 2163, in checkForRevolution
File "Revolution", line 2707, in pickRevolutionStyle
File "Revolution", line 4699, in makeRevolutionDecision
File "Revolution", line 5507, in processRevolution
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'iPlayer' referenced before assignment

Seems to happen when one or more AI Cities are revolting.
I'll have to check that python file and fix it...

How to migrate civs from megapack:

• First, you go to the Custom Civilizations of megapack (extracted to Desktoop).
  • Second, select what civs you want.
  • Third, go to Edit->Move Folders.
  • Next, in the pop-up window, go to Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations and click OK.
  • Next, just in case, do the same for the MLFLoading xml file, and overwrite when asked for. This isonly in case the RoM's MLF file don't have a certain civ in there. The Megaciv's MLF file should have everything already set up.
  • Now, I'm waiting for Zappara's answer about the python file. When I get the precise answer for that question, then depending on what civ you pick, move over and overwrite when asked for that python file in the Megaciv.
  • Now enjoy!
After 4th step, run WoC_installer.jar from Modules folder. It's an important step as it enables the sound for custom civs that have new sound/music. Ignoring this step will cause problems (CTDs probably too).

My comp would be offended :)

Core 2 Duo 7300, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 9800GTX, WIN XP SP3....

I was hoping to get all civs into individual zips and upload them so that player's could just use the ones they want - it's just time issue for me but perhaps on xmas holidays I got time for it...

About RoM 2.81 patch - it's taking shape and so far I've ran one complete game on AI Autoplay. It seems to run quite a lot faster than RoM 2.8 :) I'll try to get the patch ready soon, maybe early next week. Also the problem with GEM maps seem to have fixed itself after I had merged new RevDCM version so these maps will work again in RoM 2.81.

Again (4th game of 4) I have had a mid-game crash to desktop: turn 267, earlier than with previous 2.8 games but at a similar stage of development -- post Mass Media tech. (Renaissance advanced start vs. medieval normal start in earlier games. Modest-sized game -- only 6 civs, huge map.) The crash occurred while in a city window, selecting a new building to produce. In several trials running from saved turn 266, crashes occurred while working in different city windows selecting different projects. As with my posting of Nov. 22 -- #403, I attach the game logs for the last trial. Zappara or other expert, any interest in checking to see if my problem reflects a bug in 2.8? Would be grateful for feedback.

Attachments

• Logs02.7z
    304.6 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom