Rise of Mankind 2.8 Feedback and bug reports

I noticed something while testing my modules. The Holy Wars module and UN Mission module are not compatible with BULL due to spaces in their file path. This means that their icons will show up as pink squares. I have made a fix for this; I am uploading it mainly for zappara, but I provided instructions for use for more advanced users.

I apologize if this was already mentioned and fixed somewhere else.

Getting frequent random MAF's while in a city choosing what to build next.
It seems completely random and not dependent on what kind of building or city it is in.
Last MAF was on turn 709/1590 & having a savegame size of 3900kb+

Getting frequent random MAF's while in a city choosing what to build next.
It seems completely random and not dependent on what kind of building or city it is in.
Last MAF was on turn 709/1590 & having a savegame size of 3900kb+

MAF's mean your system is running out of memory. Larger Maps cause this. System specs please?

2gb ram,
3ghz dual,
4gb pagefile,
set to handle 2gb>
Geforce 8600 gt pro magic 512mb.
Windows XP Black ripped of crap, no crap running in background. 32bit.

The preview of the building i'm gonna build next in the city screen seems to be the problem.

I'm gonna use Blue Marble soon, this shouldn't be a problem or does it?

2gb ram,
3ghz dual,
4gb pagefile,
set to handle 2gb>
Geforce 8600 gt pro magic 512mb.
Windows XP Black ripped of crap, no crap running in background. 32bit.

The preview of the building i'm gonna build next in the city screen seems to be the problem.

I'm gonna use Blue Marble soon, this shouldn't be a problem or does it?

Everything seems fine, except your RAM may be too low to handle the map size you are playing on. I'm guessing you were playing on a large, try a standard map, or upgrade your ram.

MAF errors are not the fault of the mod makers, but the fault of the users computer.

I'm playing on the GEM ^^.
I'm gonna tune up the game speed to epic instead of marathon to hopefully get near the end of the game without too many MAF's.

Or I could find a good smaller world map.
Guess I'm gonna install Blue Marble and give the 28civ huge world map a swing..
And gonna look towards a RAM upgrade, but don't know if xp handles more then 3gb.
Got 2x 1gb if i remember correctly so 1 2gb card should do the trick to optimize performance.
Late game on the GEM map is very slow and hard to manage.

Need CAR & your complete modmod pack ! :p

Help!
I can't seem to get Blue Marble working.. v4.5 edited my font but the terrain is still the same..:(

<snip>

Didn't see any problems on those logs. Wasn't there any other log files? As about half wasn't included in your post.
<snip>

Nope that's all there was.

I hadn't done a manual save yet. So I went back to the last Auto and proceeded from there. I save about every 300yrs now and no more problems as of yet.

So my logger is broke? :(

JosEPh

I'm playing on the GEM ^^.

The Giant Earth Map is 'Giant', bigger than any of the map sizes that shipped with the game. It would be very taxing on the ram, I wish you luck. I have not used it much/at all, but smartmap has an earth replica (or particular areas) mode, at adjustible sizes. you may want to try that if you're after the earthlike feel.

I get a file not found error when I try to get the patch.

Also, in my unpatched version, all bullet points are replaced by green smiley faces.

I don't think I am. Who maintains that one? In any case, it was happening even before I dl'd any modules.

Generalstaff. That bug is caused by adding extra resources to the game. There is some arbitrary limit that Firaxis made, and if you go over it, it starts shifting all the icons out of order. Stupid, I know.

I'm not using that modmod then. So unless the modifications of resources (e.g. the changes to camp resources in the jungle camp mod) cause the same issue, this is a different problem.

I'm not using that modmod then. So unless the modifications of resources (e.g. the changes to camp resources in the jungle camp mod) cause the same issue, this is a different problem.

Must be a different problem then. When did the problem first appear? Does it occur on a clean RoM install?

I realize that there was a couple of people that already mentioned this, but I wanted to further 'push' the issue. I know you guys are working hard and it has definitely paid off! My friends and I LOVE playing the RoM Mod for Civ. It's one of the things that keep us playing it every night for four hours or so. There are so many great things about it, but the one thing that kept us restarting or making a new game was that 2.7 would go Out Of Sync during any attack that had siege weaponary in the stack. We figured that 2.8 would resolve the problem, but now anyitme WE ATTACK, the game goes out of sync. If you exit and go back in, it's like the attack never happened, so it's impossible to continue further in the game.

I hope that a patch/fix or newer version of this mod will come out soon, as we believe that not only should you be working for Sid Meier, you should probably expand and make your own game. Good job!

I tried to use the Full of Resources dohickey (the default map script) on Giant and Gigantic maps and the game never got past the 'Initializing' message. With no change in settings it seems to work fine on Large, and I can start a Giant map without it. I was able to start Gigantic maps before 2.8, but can't now.

I'm currently using Vista with similar specs as SaintRow, but 3.5gb RAM.

I'm trying to play RoM 2.8 + hotfix2 + affores modmodpack v1.4beta 10 on the GEM and can't get past 'init graphics'..
Trying to fix it.

Mmm, problem is with the modmodpack.
Uninstalled and reinstalled using less then 50% of the modmod components.

I have a whole lot of storms in my present game (2.8, no modmods). That can't be right. Maybe that's why it feels so slow.

How do I turn down their frequency, or turn them off?

In Assets/XML/Events/Civ4EventTriggersInfos, locate the entry for EVENT_SEA_STORM_1. In there you can either edit iPercentGamesActive to change the chance that they will be in a game at all or iWeight to change their frequency in the games they exist in. I just changed iPercentGamesActive to 0 to eliminate them as I find giant storms that last 200 years a bit silly.

Now repeat for Sea Storm 2 through 4. I don't really know the difference between them, so maybe you want to experiment to find out.

In Assets/XML/Events/Civ4EventTriggersInfos, locate the entry for EVENT_SEA_STORM_1. In there you can either edit iPercentGamesActive to change the chance that they will be in a game at all or iWeight to change their frequency in the games they exist in. I just changed iPercentGamesActive to 0 to eliminate them as I find giant storms that last 200 years a bit silly.

Now repeat for Sea Storm 2 through 4. I don't really know the difference between them, so maybe you want to experiment to find out.
Thanks. I found another method, described towards the end of this thread. It modifies the probability of a storm appearing and disappearing.

Top Bottom