Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

First of all : Try Ctrl+Shift+X and AutoRun for a couple of turns to see if the CTD can be bypassed

If its a MAF (memory allocation failure) and you have a 32 bit system, you might want to allocate 3 GB (See post in this forum)

I am missing the culture bonus from cities with kemetism. There a lot of them.
As it is, the Karnak Temple produces zero culture.

I was playing on one of the carter gigantic maps and I was a little bit after AD in and I zoomed out real quick and my game crashed. I tried to load the auto save from the turn before and a save I made 2-3 turns before and It goes to load then I get some sort of EXE civ has stoped working error just as I'm about to go in.

My computer should be able to run the gigantic maps I think.. here are my specs...

Q9450
4 GB PC28500 corsair dominator ram
BFG 280GTX
ASUS RAMPAGE MOBO

Windows 7 64bit

Maybe I need more ram?

It's actually pretty funny I was postive I had 8 GB of ram but apartently when I built my computer a year ago with XP I only got 2 4 GB sticks because thats all XP would support and I totally forgot. I upgraded to windows7 JUST so I could use my 8 gbs as I had issues with certian games. Now this caused me to look and realize I have only 4 GBs of ram =P. I'm ordering 4 more now.. However still would this be the reason?

I was playing on one of the carter gigantic maps and I was a little bit after AD in and I zoomed out real quick and my game crashed. I tried to load the auto save from the turn before and a save I made 2-3 turns before and It goes to load then I get some sort of EXE civ has stoped working error just as I'm about to go in.

My computer should be able to run the gigantic maps I think.. here are my specs...

Q9450
4 GB PC28500 corsair dominator ram
BFG 280GTX
ASUS RAMPAGE MOBO

Windows 7 64bit

Maybe I need more ram?

Even using Win7x64, the most RAM Civ4 can use is up to 4gb. I would try turning the graphics down to lowest settings, turn off movies, etc. That might fix. But otherwise write down the exact error and the brilliant folks on the forum can likely help you further...

Even using Win7x64, the most RAM Civ4 can use is up to 4gb. I would try turning the graphics down to lowest settings, turn off movies, etc. That might fix. But otherwise write down the exact error and the brilliant folks on the forum can likely help you further...

sweet. :mischief:

It's EXE is not responding error, It loads the mod and loads the save game and soon as it finishes JUST when it's going to go into game it crashes. I was attributing it to to much going on in the map and what not but I guess not... and yes I tried turning everything down. No help.

Last night I had some "fun" when I noticed that I had 2 different v2.92 work-in-progress versions... one with new RevDCM and one with other changes... :lol: Don't know how that happened, must have been half sleep when testing something on v2.91 and then applied revdcm patch to it instead of the real v2.92... anyway, had to merge those two v2.92 versions together last night and continue the work today... some text files need updating with new translations (last step for this patch) and then test the mod. Multiplayer mode should work now better and even AIAutoplay should work with it. :)

Oooo. Will it come with the new BAI 1.0?

RevDCM 2.72 that Zappara has now doesn't have BBAI 1.0. RevDCM 2.8 will, and that I believe, will be in RoM 3.0.

RevDCM 2.721 has BBAI 0.84 something included... so it will be that version.

Edit: updating translations takes loooong time... 10 000+ text entries, if I use 1 sec per entry, it's 3hours to go through all of them x 3 since I'm updating multiple languages and fixing the provided translations to ISO coding... so probably 10 hours goes to full translation process.

During testing v2.92 I found a major game freezing bug from newest RevDCM version. First thought it was RoM's fault because of merge but when testing the same thing in vanilla RevDCM, the same game freeze bug appears there. This delays the patch (again) since this bug needs to be fixed before patch can be released... I've reported the bug to RevDCM team.

Edit: it's 4.15am already?!? huh, I guess I got caught into that "one more turn" thing again... :D

Finland is on Western European time (+1)? Oops :)

During testing v2.92 I found a major game freezing bug from newest RevDCM version. First thought it was RoM's fault because of merge but when testing the same thing in vanilla RevDCM, the same game freeze bug appears there. This delays the patch (again) since this bug needs to be fixed before patch can be released... I've reported the bug to RevDCM team.

Edit: it's 4.15am already?!? huh, I guess I got caught into that "one more turn" thing again... :D

You rock :) Looking forward to 2.92, thanks for all the hard work.

It's actually pretty funny I was postive I had 8 GB of ram but apartently when I built my computer a year ago with XP I only got 2 4 GB sticks because thats all XP would support and I totally forgot. I upgraded to windows7 JUST so I could use my 8 gbs as I had issues with certian games. Now this caused me to look and realize I have only 4 GBs of ram =P. I'm ordering 4 more now.. However still would this be the reason?

Maps that don't have the RoM prefix may have issues when used with RoM. Zappara has stated this in the FAQ thread. The map script has to be converted to include new terrain features. Otherwise a crash will occur when that feature is called upon and the Map that is not RoM prefixed doesn't have it.

JosEPh

Okay, you asked me to post here instead of the other forum, so I am.

I did what the forum post says about the log files. The shortcut for the Logfiles in the BTS folder says the log files are in \Users\User\My Documents\Civ4, but the thing is, there is NO folder titled Civ4. Just the BTS folder. So I'm attaching those files here anyway, just in case those are it. Your mod crashes whenever I try and play (single player or multi, doesn't matter). Its always the same stupid error (A Runtime error), and says the program was ended in an unusual way, and makes me close the game. Anyway, here's the posted log files I found in the BTS folder, after I ran the game with your mod enabled and tried to play a map and it failed.

Richard,

If you will look thru this forum you will find several threads that deal with "Runtime Errors". They may be on a previous page but I assure you they are there.

Also look into the FAQ thread stickied at the top of this page.

Was the Map you used a RoM map?

JosEPh

Richard,

If you will look thru this forum you will find several threads that deal with "Runtime Errors". They may be on a previous page but I assure you they are there.

Also look into the FAQ thread stickied at the top of this page.

Was the Map you used a RoM map?

JosEPh

Yes, it is an RoM map.

Also, the FAQ doesn't cover anything I've posted about my error. And the Runtime Error posts I've seen don't have any resolutions in them, or if there are any, they're too vague to understand at all.

Actually, I'll expand on the FAQ section. My game is patched to 3.19, the mod file is the name it should be, and in the correct place. So I don't see why it is crashing in the first place.

I should also mention when I usually play Civ4, I don't add any AI players because I only like to build and expand my empire. I'm not interested in playing with or against other AI players, so I don't play with any AI. Just myself.

A little more info on the error. It tells me in the top of the box it is a "Microsoft Visual C++ error". How do I fix this? I've looked it up on google and installed the Directx 2008 Dist, but it still gives me the same error on the Smartmap option, and I really want to play on the smartmap option.

Maps that don't have the RoM prefix may have issues when used with RoM. Zappara has stated this in the FAQ thread. The map script has to be converted to include new terrain features. Otherwise a crash will occur when that feature is called upon and the Map that is not RoM prefixed doesn't have it.

JosEPh

Is that why I can't make it through 1592 on the RoMGemMaP? Have you found any conflicts with ROME mod and RoM 2.91 patched? My computer is more than enough for ROM, but since I've put in ROME(the latest patched version) and changed the XML: all game starts have crashed near INDUSTRIAL era. On the last game, played RFC map/snail/prince/<6000BC/one extra resource/UN...crash to desktop year 1300AD, three times. I set to lowest textual, crash. Unloaded ROME, changed back XML, ctd 1980, same map, so I made it a little longer, but...
Can't find the files for RoM Logs, but all other mod's log out fine???
HELP, I love RoM, but this is driving me to DRINK

OK, got the log going, although I didn't do anything to make it work, swear it wasn't working for my last game, whatever. Logs to follow after I waste another three or four days on RoMGem.

Okay, you asked me to post here instead of the other forum, so I am.

I did what the forum post says about the log files. The shortcut for the Logfiles in the BTS folder says the log files are in \Users\User\My Documents\Civ4, but the thing is, there is NO folder titled Civ4. Just the BTS folder. So I'm attaching those files here anyway, just in case those are it. Your mod crashes whenever I try and play (single player or multi, doesn't matter). Its always the same stupid error (A Runtime error), and says the program was ended in an unusual way, and makes me close the game. Anyway, here's the posted log files I found in the BTS folder, after I ran the game with your mod enabled and tried to play a map and it failed.
Checkek your logs. There was some python script errors from RoM_Custom_Continents mapscript but when I tested the same mapscript on my computer, it works alright without errors. Second thing in your logs was that there is line: VERSION: Mod Loaded: none. Now for some reason your BtS thinks that it hasn't any mod loaded - in that line there should be Rise of Mankind mentioned. Everything else seems to be ok in the logs... so I'm not sure why the mod is not working correctly in your computer. Few things you could try:

1. delete whole mod folder and reinstall mod
2. check that My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets -folder doesn't have any files (though RoM should ignore any mods installed to custom assets anyway but they might cause some trouble...)
3. hold down shift button when mod is loading to clear out BtS cache
4. if those don't help, try reinstalling BtS 3.19 patch (in-game patcher doesn't apply it correctly, have to be patched manually).

In most cases where the mod crashes just when you start generating the map the cause has been incorrect BtS version but since you already got the right version, it's odd that there's crashes at that point...

Top Bottom