• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rise of the Daimyo

Is what your speaking of on the Ronin a upgrade % value for attack and defense values

Yes, it's the "Attack bonus against barbarians", which is 200% on Regent and 0% on Deity... However, in addition to this I think that on higher levels barb camps spit out many more units during the uprising than on lower levels. Didn't see any concrete numbers yet, though. But this scenario is "different" anyway...
If you feel Deity is too much, then perhaps Demigod? Otherwise Emperor is fine with me also. How do the others of you feel?

In any case, I think that changing the difficulty level in the biq file via Editor doesn't do anything for MP games. I tried that for the AoD game, and it didn't work. For an Email game you need to do it as follows:
  • Go to the standard PBEM start screen and leave the "Game Mode" drop down box on "Standard".
  • Now select the level of your choice in the "Difficulty" drop-down box.
  • And finally change "Game Mode" from "Standard" to "Scenario".

This worked ok for me for the AoD game. The PBEM screen does not display the "Difficulty" anymore, after the scenario is loaded, but once you start the game, the first pop-up will say it's Emperor or whatever.

Lanzelot

Thank you Lanzelot, that is what I'll try.

Deity is fine, I think Demigod will be just as challeging. At least the AI clan will keep up

I prefer no AIs because they don't have the Dilomacy depth we do. An Alliance with one is simply lacking, the drawback is of coarse the time it takes to complete a cycle of turns but for me it is perfect because it is the same situation I have with most of my other games.

I can't wait to find out where/who I'll be.

I set up an example game as you can see, here are 2 notes

1 I set the level to Demigod prior to selecting scenario but it did report the level (it might have been set but just couldn't tell.

2 Whom ever ends up as Date must create the game, I'll remain the administrate providing a password in case it is needed later.

3 no mater how I created the slots it put them in the above order, the second pic is from ROJ setup, so the order is unchangeable unless unless I alter it within the editor(I don't want to do that, for fear something goes wrong)

Before we start, I have a question for El Justo. Hope you are still watching this?

In the ROJ game we are currently playing, I noticed that there are many tiles which are clearly on river, but which do not show the extra commerce when right-clicking them. Also I built a town on one of these, and it doesn't grow beyond size 6, it needs an aquaduct?! :confused: (Let me know, if you want a screenshot of an example.) This is quite anoying.

Something must be broken with the rivers in this scenario or biq file. When you went into the Editor for reshuffling our resources, did you notice anything of that kind and can it perhaps be fixed?

Thanks, Lanzelot

Hey,

Before we start, I have a question for El Justo. Hope you are still watching this?

In the ROJ game we are currently playing, I noticed that there are many tiles which are clearly on river, but which do not show the extra commerce when right-clicking them. Also I build a town on one of these, and it doesn't grow beyond size 6, it needs an aquaduct?! :confused: (Let me know, if you want a screenshot of an example.) This is quite anoying.

Something must be broken with the rivers in this scenario or biq file. When you went into the Editor for reshuffling our resources, did you notice anything of that kind and can it perhaps be fixed?

Thanks, Lanzelot

Sure bring this up now that its Monday. Start day. Lordy Smokes!! :p

Was the scenario set up not to have the bonuses in the 1st place?

Blaze Injun

Hey,

Sure bring this up now that its Monday. Start day. Lordy Smokes!! :p
Well, I'm getting old and had already completely forgotten about this... :old: Until I played my latest turn yesterday evening and noticed that one town that should have grown to 7 in the interturn, was still at 6 and had therefore wasted a lot of precious food :mad:

Was the scenario set up not to have the bonuses in the 1st place?

Blaze Injun

No, definitely not: most river tiles show the commerce as they should, and also three of my cities have already grown beyond 6 without an aquaduct!

Lanzelot

Ok everyone its Monday
I have received the numbers that Chamnix assigned each clan yesterday, this gave me the needed time to create the stuff here at the bottom.

I know picking these numbers was random but in this instance it would seem nearly the same set up as our ROJ game, see below.

Lanzelot, Calis, semental, and Blaze remain in exactly the same position so that is 50%.

It is 6pm where I am, I need atleast 2 opinions, more is better to approve a setup in the event what ever happened, this will be my next post.

Rise of Japan (current game)
Date--------Semental
Mori--------Cyc
Uesugi------Blaze_Injun
Hojo--------AI
Miyoshi-----Calis
Oda--------Eclipse4449
Imagawa---xakzen
Takeda-----Lanzelot

Rise of the Daimyo (need player assignments)

3rd party #---------player #
Date – 78---------82 Semental
Mori – 47---------45 Eclipse4449
Uesugi - 12-----13 Blaze_Injun
Hojo – 96---------97 Hawklord
Miyoshi – 5------4 Calis
Oda – 58----------62 xakzen
Imagawa – 27----23 Cyc
Takeda -18--------17 Lanzelot

97 Hawklord
82 Semental
23 Cyc
13 Blaze_Injun
4 Calis
45 Eclipse4449
17 Lanzelot
62 xakzen

Attachments

• ROD PLACEMENT.JPG
    ROD PLACEMENT.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 75
Hey,

Lanzelot, Calis, semental, and Blaze remain in exactly the same position so that is 50%.

:faint:

How strange?!!!
Of course I like the Takeda position by now, but I would not mind playing a different one this time.

I would like a different clan but anything to get started is great.

Blaze Injun

GPS to Lanzelot
ROD T001a, Jan., 1450

Welcome Xakzen
I'm glad you could joins us

I was able to switch player 4 and Player 1 to allow me to set up the game.

as you can see it is 8 players so the AI level isn't a factor other than the Ronin barbarians.

The AI was set to Monarch, I hope it took.

A reminder, the Ronin is not your run of the mill barbarian take care when they are present

Your Daimyo unit is a Hero unit, if it dies your game is over.
The Daimyo is promotable and upgradeable to be used as one of the strongest units in the game. If he is sheltered like a standard king in standard game you will not get the full effect of the game.

Diplomacy can not occur until clans have met within the game,

refer to posts #1, #2. #3 for occasional updates.

I'm sorry if you are not happy with your clan/position, the random pick element didn't do what we thought it would, it kept 50% where they were already in The Rise of Japan.

Placing players to these clans was not as easy as in an ordinary game, I had to think about it and had other variances.

I think, I hope, I believe this setup will challenge everyone in both battle and diplomacy.

Most of you know how the map is set up, but just to make the point again. Iron is an early strategic resource but it is placed in such a way that neighbors will battle for it. There is almost enough Iron for all to have but it might be a distance away.

Your expansion and the resources you command are key elements in this game, second your skill in Diplomacy should not be counted out. There is a quote saying something like "The pen is mightier than the sword"

I hope everyone has a great time and GOOD LUCK!!!

Turn order
a HOJO Eclipse4449
b MORI Lanzelot
c UESUGI Cyc
d DATE Calis
e MIYOSHI Blaze_Injun
f ODA Xakzen
g IMOGAWA Semental
h TAKEDA Hawklord

Just one question, because it said "unmodified" in the first post: so El Justo did not re-shuffle the resources? Iron is still in the original locations?

And another suggestion: once everyone has read posts #1 and #93, could you please delete the email addresses from there? I'd feel safer that way...

Ok, good luck to everyone!
Cheers, Lanzelot

Just one question, because it said "unmodified" in the first post: so El Justo did not re-shuffle the resources? Iron is still in the original locations?

And another suggestion: once everyone has read posts #1 and #93, could you please delete the email addresses from there? I'd feel safer that way...

Ok, good luck to everyone!
Cheers, Lanzelot

I have copy the addresses and concur. Good Luck all!

I got lucky as I've been sending Calis emails for years, it seems. Good luck to all.

gps to Calis.

Top Bottom