[Rising Tides] Hope for Wonder Artwork!

This is great to hear:D:goodjob::thumbsup:. I really miss victory (and wonder) movies.

Though they should make them optional cause I know some people don't like them, but I guess thats more with wonder movies.

I have read a legit point against making wonder/victory video as player will see same video no matter it is first, tenth or one thousandth times, and resource that could be spent in anything more worthwhile.

I don't mind if they want to do this, but I wish the dev won't end up let Rising Tide being shallow or absurdly unbalanced or anything bad and then cry "We shouldn't made that" 3 months later, because I will totally do that.

Whatever they do, they need to have more story in these things.

They made a big deal about their intro movie introducing players to the world they were trying to set up, and they kind of just left it at that.

I have read a legit point against making wonder/victory video as player will see same video no matter it is first, tenth or one thousandth times, and resource that could be spent in anything more worthwhile.

I don't mind if they want to do this, but I wish the dev won't end up let Rising Tide being shallow or absurdly unbalanced or anything bad and then cry "We shouldn't made that" 3 months later, because I will totally do that.

That's probably the reason they scrapped the idea in Civ 5 and I think it was a wise move. They had to manually animate each Wonder splash screen and half the time after a while people just skipped it.

I can udnerstand victory vidoes as you get a sense of achievement that you've finally won, but other than that? Meh. Non-animated Wonder splash screens I am fine with.

I got this tweet from Will Miller:

So, new victory movies confirmed!!

XCOM movie version 1.5. :lol::goodjob: (I think since they are working XCOM 2 and XCOM will have movies, I think they will use this opportunity to practice movie CG or JUST-DO-IT real. I hope they will try their best. Damn I wish I can see the mindflower one. And the beacon one must reveal the hidden intelligence aliens for sure. :) )

Top Bottom