• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

RNES2 - Strategy or Diplomacy

ok, it dont look like i'll get all the orders in the next couple of hours so i think that the first turn will have to go till tomorow night when i get back from work.

i hope atleast a couple people more sign up.

jason's switch should free up some space in M. East.

if the next person could sign up for something in Europe, that would be great, cause as it is right now Prussia will have all of europe to himself.

wow, i gotta appologise to Gecko1234. you must have posted your signup while i was updateing the list so i didnt notice it.

Stalin, you've got a neighbor.

i'm at work now, so i cant realy do the update, but since its the first turn, there aint too much complicated stuff to do, so if all the PMs i have now are actuly orders then i'll post a turn 2 map, and do the actualy updating when i get home.

jason, i think you're online right now, you changed starting locations so you gotta send in new orders (india's orders wont work for Australia)

ok, i've got orders from 6 of 11 players right now:
Nivi - Africa
Gecko1234 - Germany
Stalin006 - Prussia
Kennelly - Persia
Erez87 - Bolivia
Jason the King - Australia

Azale for Texas, i also have an orders PM from , but the destination of your army is unclear. i think i know which one you meant, but please clarify, cause you cant send your to Asia, and thats what you wrote down (i assume you misspelled the province name).

everyone,
when the game gets going i'll be using an automated system to process most of the orders, so any misspellings will cause large problems. please make sure you write the province names correctly. there are no two provinces with the same name, i made sure of that. and the automated system will tell me if you move an army to a province that aint adjacent to where the army comes from, but it will take a lot of my time to figure out what/where the error is comming from and to figure out what you actualy meant.

stalin, you can change your order AND your starting loc if you want.

untill i've posted the first update, i dont mind if you guys change your starting locs around as much as you want.

i want the start to be well balanced. so as long as you dont change your location to specificaly make someone elses start HARDER, you can change it.

i'd like the players to be as evenly spread as possible, so go ahead and change.

Glad you joined Skilord.

Stalin, you're editing your posts faster then i can reply to them, lol. glad you went to france. i was hoping someone would end up in there somwhere.

well, the map is well occupied now as far as i'm concerned

so update later tonight (when i get home).

send in those orders if you havent already. if i dont get orders for some of the countries by late tonight, i think i might just do the update anyway (pick a direction myself for those that didnt do orders).

i forgot this part of the rules. wasnt expecting it to matter on turn one, but it could.

for claiming new territories. if two nations send an army to an unclaimed territory at the same time then:
if one side sends more armies, it will win the territory, and the other side will retreat back to where it came from.
if both sides send the same number of armies then there will be a battle, but the loser WILL NOT die, instead he will retreat.

I will add this info to the rules posts at the start of the thread.

what if there was two nations starting together and each one sent their armys to eachothers starting territory? :lol: jk, i was just curious.

well actualy that COULD happen. in that case the two armies would fight on the border between the two provinces and the one that won would go on to conquer the starting territory of the other nation.

i guess i gotta put that "meet on the border" thing in the rules too.
its amazing how much stuff i'm noticing that i forgot to put into the rules now that the sleeping gas and pain meds i was on all weekend are starting to wear off.

note to self: dont start NESs the day after surgery. lol.

i just added some stuff to the battle rules post that will clarify some stuff about sea battles.

EDIT: added rules to the first post about giving gifts and agreements between players.

oops, i meant COA

ok doing update now. something is wrong with the automation (guess i'm not as good a programer as i hoped). but for this turn its prety obveous what everyone has.

it was:
turn1
start with 4 gold
3 gold for 1 army
bank 1 gold
claim 1 more province
turn2
8 new gold(2 provinces)
0 upkeep cause everyone has more provinces then armies.
that makes 9 gold to spend for everyone.

i'll get the automation to work and send the PMs with the breakdown for your nations, just to make sure it works, but for now, the provinces with the dots in them are the ones holding your only army.

got orders from most people.
missing orders from Uknemesis, Plexus and Puglover.
fortunately UK and Plexus only had 1 direction they could go in, so their turns are obveous. Puglover's Egypt had some options, but since i didnt get orders i had to make the choice.

gonna send PMs to UK, Plexus and Pug to remind them of this game, just in case they've forgoten that they signed up.

Update one.

No happenings, everyone just grew. map on next post (just to make a habit of it).

Top Bottom