Role Play Challenge, TNG: Lord Satan and the End of Days!

madscientist said:
Being Satan I have broken a few rules already, but then again that is to be expected. Satan has a Vassal to worship and bleed for him through eternity. He also has State Property because he wants it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! And there was me trying to obey all the rules, sucker that I am! :lol:

Lord Satan and the End of Days: The Dutch Arab Slaves

Satan stretched and yawned, human sacrifice on his alters is all well and good but frankly it's getting a little boring and mundane. Lord Satan is looking for a different way to strike terror into the world as well as explore concepts once thought unuseful. Yes Satan has seen the world come up with new technologies and he is intrigued.

So he stops researching Assembly Line, trusting in his Cavalry and rifles to kill. He now is researching something new to the Dark Lord's mind

Liberalism/Communism

While the civics from Liberalism are useless to Satan's new world order, it is needed for Communism and State Property, and And very much likes the idea of extra food/production with a stronger treasury!

While bored with the whip, Satan still find uses like this

SO now Satan has a city that he can whip/draft endlessly without the complaints of the ever present whiners!

However, Satan does find this AP vote extremely entertaining

What the hell, am I not the father of all lies! Satan votes for himself and prepares his acceptance speech including several well placed jokes to coincide with screams of the new sacrifical victums.

Unfortunately

Satan id hurt and depressed. Here he thought he had the world cowering in fear. Ah well, an evil tyrant's work is never done. Time to move the Aztec army.

Satan is no fool and see's he is behind in tech veyr badly. For this reason he decided to attack the weakest opponent first

Satan lost several riflemen trying to take the hill near the capital. With Sal having a larger navy and airships it was pretty apparent we had to get the army unloaded real fast. Fortunately we lost only frigates and the galleons fled back to Aztecia to ferry more troops while the army captured the Aztec capital of Amsterdam.

Quite a haul there, the only issue is no bank/market in a shrined city. Satan starts to build culture here then informs his priests to use the alter to whip out a bank.

Satan is busy at the moment so he will rename cities later. For now he looks to the next site, but before that Lord McCauley determines that Satan is

Has the biggest empire in the world!

As Satan moves more troops onto Sal's continent he starts marching them towards the next city

I gotta say that the Guerilla III, Medic II Jaguar is working very nicely at healing our troop. No GG wasted on a supermdeic this game!

Now Catherine apparently has become Jealous of satan's new fondness of the Dutch and makes a demand

Satan scrathes his head "Sushi?" Surely the Russian LAss could have demanded more? Well, Satan gave her what she wanted, and continued the assault on Saladin.

The next city soon falls under the attack of alot of outdated units

But hell, maces and war elephants still kill, don't they!?

Why, yes they do!

The main force approaches the next Dutch city

Again another well stocked city!

Satan get's a jarring vision here

Agustus's Holy Romans are sending alot of destroyers around, certainly our frigates/SoLs are no match for them. In additiona, saladin is still at war with them and ready to capitulate. While Satan would prefer to grind the Arabs into dust, he makes a pragmatic decision here

Satan laughes and is pleased to have a VAssal. In fact he already sees a devious path to actually catch up in tech, directing Sal to research Combustion while Satan delves into the mysteries of Assembly Line.

Oh yes, we finished Communism and adopted

Sorry folks, the more Satan thinks about it, the more he sees State Property doing more evil tasks this game than Free MArket. Capitalism may be evil, but the State ceasing everyone's property for Lord Satan's benefit is more so. However, the Dark Lord promises to Stay King and in slavery, for what that's worth (which is not much).

So Satan looks at the tech situation to decide how long he should wait before he strts destroying Peter and his Celtic dogs.

Still a while, and with Cathy looking to gear up for war somewhere, at elast Assembly line is needed.

Some Aztec Minions are complaining about lack of emancipation but Satan says to let them rot! He continues to Draft/whip excess miscontents away and stick some big and burly military in those cities. While not popular Satan is surely respected, well maybe not respected, FEARED!

Once the war ended, Satan got a good trading partner with Sal and State Property greatly increased his techrate. He got another Great person, just the individual he was looking for

Eifel! A Frechman born in Satanic Aztecia! Satan knows exactly what he wants to do with this man

West Point is rush built in the Maori city. Being Charismatic, drydocked, Theocratic, and a settled GG this city will be producing Naval vessels starting with 12 XP. That's 1 XP away from a fourth promotion! The next GG get's settled here!

Soon Satan finishes

And saves here after a bit of housekeeping. Given his empire size, UB, and civics I think every single city in the empire is going to immediately whip/draft an infantry into each city, bolstering the happiness level and reducing the threat from a naval invasion.

The Tech Situation shows

Cathy will give us only 100 gold for AL so she likely is close to it. Sal on the other hand

OK, scratch that first idea. We draft an infantry and whip a machine gunner!. Also we have alot of combat II, Pinch grenaders that can be upgraded to machineguns for great stack defense!

Techs now show

Agustus is a threat, but right now we are on decent terms. I see him as Satan final challenge, but for now it's time to regroup for the inevtiable assault on the Russian Pair!

City names have been redone, the new continent will bear the names of the seven deadly sins, saving Lust for CAthy's capital!

Most techs can be researched in under 10 turns, so I think we go after Physics and perhaps artillery or electricity. Trade what we have to to acquire Combustion from Sal. Go after Fission for nuclear power (Satan feels no need for coal) and then industrialism and flight.

My long term goal from the beginning is to have alot of modern warring, and it seams to be finally coming towards that. The question is do we begin the assault on Peter through Sa's lands next segment, or shoudl we at least await destroyers to defend ourselves on teh seas! I guess alot depends on who CAthy plans to attack next!

One final question, do we turn science off for a bit for a massive unit upgrade, or should Lord Satan simply send his out dated military into battle to face inevitable, if not glorious death?

No SP is the reason I went chain capping. Well, I suppose I could have just razed everything, but with complete kills on that would have taken FOREVER without really threatening the outcome (I was obviously immune to WW thanks to PS/Jail/Rushmore).

Be careful mad, or you're going to have a pain trying to stay under domination while you complete conquest. I just barely didn't have to gift cities back :splat:.

No SP is the reason I went chain capping. Well, I suppose I could have just razed everything, but with complete kills on that would have taken FOREVER without really threatening the outcome (I was obviously immune to WW thanks to PS/Jail/Rushmore).

Be careful mad, or you're going to have a pain trying to stay under domination while you complete conquest. I just barely didn't have to gift cities back :splat:.

Ah, you cheated too! You adopted Police State and Satan was no longer King! Good Job Man!!!!!

Regarding DOmination I was planning on Giving Sal most of Peter's lands while torching Catherines (except the Poterntial city of Lust!). While Satan certainly admires the Brazen Mayan Lady for attacking us earlier in teh game, Satan still has an image to uphold and payback is a :):):):):)!

Well, your minions' death is all good and well, but your enemies' death is better. :devil:
UPGRADE!

A soul in Hell is a Soul, be they Aztec of other! Still, Charismatic leader's experienced units are not to be thrown into the fire so easily. I like the idea of upgrading too!

Er... in the first post, you said that Police State was a permissible civic. But, hey, I'm not gonna argue with the devil :)

Regarding your game, I continue to marvel at your ridiculous army sizes. Great job!

Er... in the first post, you said that Police State was a permissible civic. But, hey, I'm not gonna argue with the devil :)

Regarding your game, I continue to marvel at your ridiculous army sizes. Great job!

Oops! Well I did. My apologies to TMIT, your a better man, er devil than I am!

So I will offset th civic restrictions myself, no PS for me, only SP! I will combat WW by housing more military and running the alters red with blood!

Er... in the first post, you said that Police State was a permissible civic.

This ;).

I did technically cheat however, as I was in bureaucracy for about 15-20 turns until I could trade for feudalism (promptly switched to vassalage), but then you did this with OR so :p.

This ;).

I did technically cheat however, as I was in bureaucracy for about 15-20 turns until I could trade for feudalism (promptly switched to vassalage), but then you did this with OR so :p.

What can I say, I am a better cheater than you. And I was in Bureacracy also for a little bit until Fuedalism too!

Still, I have refrained from Planting a few Modern Armor units around which is what I really planned to do if need be. Straining the techs like this is a hell of alot more fun!

Wouldnt he feel more at home if he could warm up the planet abit with a few nukes ? :devil:

Wouldnt he feel more at home if he could warm up the planet abit with a few nukes ? :devil:

A few? Surely you mean a few gross! (a dozen dozen!)

Bah! Amsterdam is evil enough with the "coffee houses" and red light district. Its a pre-figuration of the city of Lust which is currently in the hands of a rather lustful queen. You should make it an exception to the naming convention.

Beware the russian pair, mad. you know they have married? (Peter was obviously subdued by Cathy) So Satan will have to go against both of them. Well, should make for some additional souls, I think...

Hey Mad, want to thank you for doing this series. It's been a lot of fun, and has definitely improved my game.

This'll be a blast from the past, but I decided to try a 3 city culture challenge with Huayna Capuac myself (I even fudged it a bit when the AP decided to give me one of Survaryman's cities, which I used to garrison my others). I just barely managed to eke out a victory on noble, thankfully the map generator decided on Pangaea, and I managed to buddy up to Monty who had vassaled everyone else in the game at one point or another, but kept giving me defensive pacts when he stopped fighting. A bit before I popped two GAs to win with my last city Monty came within 3(!) votes of winning with the AP, and ended up vassaling another civ, and another Diplo victory vote came up the turn I won. The fact that you managed to win on Immortal and lead in tech the whole time is pretty damn ridiculous.

Hey Mad, want to thank you for doing this series. It's been a lot of fun, and has definitely improved my game.

This'll be a blast from the past, but I decided to try a 3 city culture challenge with Huayna Capuac myself (I even fudged it a bit when the AP decided to give me one of Survaryman's cities, which I used to garrison my others). I just barely managed to eke out a victory on noble, thankfully the map generator decided on Pangaea, and I managed to buddy up to Monty who had vassaled everyone else in the game at one point or another, but kept giving me defensive pacts when he stopped fighting. A bit before I popped two GAs to win with my last city Monty came within 3(!) votes of winning with the AP, and ended up vassaling another civ, and another Diplo victory vote came up the turn I won. The fact that you managed to win on Immortal and lead in tech the whole time is pretty damn ridiculous.

Thanks for following, but that Huna 3 city game was not on Immortal. I think it was Monarch.

OK, folks has a massive update coming that I will post tomorrow (other obligations today!) but here is the save!

Satan has been playing on the up and up thoughout and he continues to do so even if he is taking vassals and running State Property. Basically after this game I have come to regard techs as a useless waste, the Dark Lord certainly has been pretty dominant in the next segment.

Here is the save!

Top Bottom