Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII (PS2)

Of course you can. My friend and I played 2 different characters in the game... ;)

You need to key in a certain sequence to bring up the menu to 'control' other characters. AFAICR, up to 8 can be taken.

I believe the 'button sequence' is same as it is for 8? Shoulder buttons and start/select...

There are no codes needed to have more than one person play RTK8 at the same time. You simpley select the number of officers you want to control at Start New Scenario setup.

RTK7 did require a code to be entered to have more than one person play.

Originally posted by floppa21

I can't figure out how to get the map options to show... Like where merchants are, where the Emperor is... I keep lookin...
If you haven't figured it out yet
what you do is push start
go to Info "something" the first option I forgot what its called
then you scroll down to specials.
and pow your there.

@Kefka, I scanned the manual 3 times and finally figured it out... :lol:

@Moff - The code does work in 8, but what happens is you must leave all players to computer and quickly do it as months blow by... For instance, just messing around, I picked my made character (Sun Shine :p ) and 7 rulers... Seized with the rulers and gave the items to my character, then I left all 8 to the computer. Quickly put in the code and 2 months skipped by but I got it in before the quarter ended... Then I picked my character and 7 more rulers... (I never even finished the game...)

I guess it is best for if you start a game with one player and decide to control more than one after a certain period...

Originally posted by floppa21

@Moff - The code does work in 8, but what happens is you must leave all players to computer and quickly do it as months blow by... For instance, just messing around, I picked my made character (Sun Shine :p ) and 7 rulers... Seized with the rulers and gave the items to my character, then I left all 8 to the computer. Quickly put in the code and 2 months skipped by but I got it in before the quarter ended... Then I picked my character and 7 more rulers... (I never even finished the game...)

I guess it is best for if you start a game with one player and decide to control more than one after a certain period...

Didn't know that and I didn't even think to try the code. I'll have to look into this to see what you mean. Thanks for the tip!

Never played a Romance game..I'd like to start with the latest one for PS2...which is always cool.

What do you all think about the series in general? And what kind of gameplay is usually in these games? For reasons unknown, I've become gripped by the story and events (real or imagined) of the time period.

If you want to play a romance game, and do not mind somthing a little old, head over to the underdogs site and download ether three or four. Koei is good with abandonware.

In my opinion, three is the better of the two, but is a dos game, while four is a windows game.

You don't need flashy graphics for a strategy game, so long as gameplay elements are alright. :smug:

Top Bottom