Rome First Look (Trajan) Video

I'm very excited. I think Rome will definitely be one of my top picks. All hail Rome. I was right on the legions having the ability to build roads and forts.

I'll look more into them when I get home.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

What is meant by "usually monument"? (can't watch yet) Is there another alternative?

Let's see... free roads, free monument, free trading post, engineering legions, and extra amenities from baths. That's pretty flavorful design if I do say so myself. Hopefully it's as effective as it seems.

Alright... Bath indeed replace Aqueduct.. so why on earth is there an Aqueduct right behind the Bath in the video?

I think it's better to think of baths as an improved aqueduct. Very fitting!

So, Rome is focused on spamming cities:
- Roads built right away.
- Culture source right away.
- Trade bonus max if trading between ends of large empire.
- Additional amenities and housing from aqueduct.

On top of this, UU which looks quite defensive as legions are expensive and could build forts.

Alright... Bath indeed replace Aqueduct.. so why on earth is there an Aqueduct right behind the Bath in the video?

Most unique districts preserve some aspect of the graphical design of the regular district. It's so you can tell at a glance what they are.

Also Rome built loads of aqueducts, so it would be cruel not to let them have them in game :p

I like it.

Only problem is I'm not as impressed with the legionnaire. Only 5 extra combat power is meh, and I'm not sure how situational the building will be. The fact that they're more expensive is kind of what bugs me, seems like a very so so bonus.

But I guess balance wise it would be too OP if they had that much expansion and building bonuses in the early game AND amazing military bonuses. Maybe the Legion started better but just kept having to get toned down as gradual balance tweaks.

Why is it "Most of the time will be Monument"? I wonder what would be the odd cases.

Maybe there are religious beliefs/government cards/etc which provide free buildings as well? I guess they would synergize with each other.

Or maybe if you found cities later in the game there are progressively more buildings automatically built in a city and Rome just gets one more? I dunno.

Why is it "Most of the time will be Monument"? I wonder what would be the odd cases.

Maybe there's a Wonder or Card granting free monument.

Rome looks all set up to be a sprawling Empire of cities you either found yourself, or take with legions. That seems like a fair representation :p.

Trajan's character model looks great, but his ability is a little unexciting. Don't get me wrong, it's a low-key but useful thing to have your culture buildings up right away from the beginning of the game. It's just unspectacular compared with some others, and not representative of the man's conquering history. Hopefully his agenda will be ruthlessly militaristic.

Legions building forts and roads was expected - but now they are built instantly! This makes Classical Rome really powerful in defence, and if they can be built outside of friendly territory, very strong indeed.

Also, as I suspected, they still get aqueducts built in their bath districts :D

Yeah, the LUA sounds a bit small, maybe there's still something hidden/not final like with Victoria?

Nice, to finally see Trajan. And great uniques. But why does he look so flimsy?

Probably the later version of it when it becomes obsolete. Usually Broadcast towers.

Yeah, the LUA sounds a bit small, maybe there's still something hidden/not final like with Victoria?

On the contrary, it's quite significant. Free culture and you don't have to spend the shields building the Monument. That's pretty strong and could lead you to a very powerful early culture lead.

I wonder how strong the trade post bonus can get. For a large empire that could give some extreme yields.

Everything free is very good, Rome leader bonus may not look much to the world but not only can it save hundreds of production, it will give you hundreds of culture because you do not need to spend a number of turns building monuments and instead you could build something else which in turn mean getting extra yields before others.

If you found 25 cities then you will have gotten a substantial amount from that bonus.

Disappointed in the lack of color swap. Was really hoping for a dark red and gold theme.

Top Bottom