Romney vs Obama Round 2 Commentary Thread

Who Won The Second Debate?

• Total voters
Foreign policy should be enough of for anyone to see a difference between the two. Romney supports continuing GWB style policy while Obama goes with the "why make things worse for no reason?" policy.

Foreign policy should be enough of for anyone to see a difference between the two. Romney supports continuing GWB style policy while Obama goes with the "why make things worse for no reason?" policy.
Such as his drone missile attacks and increased interventionism?
Not saying that will stop under Romney, I think it will, but it is hard to say Obama has stopped the GWB policy.
Correction, he apologized for the GWB policy, then continued it.

Such as his drone missile attacks and increased interventionism?
Not saying that will stop under Romney, I think it will, but it is hard to say Obama has stopped the GWB policy.
What fresh batch of interventalism has been the equivalent of Iraq? How is that Iraq war going these days? Is the Obama surge working?

What fresh batch of interventalism has been the equivalent of Iraq? How is that Iraq war going these days? Is the Obama surge working?
The Obama surge was in Afghanistan, and no, it didn't work. Now he just surges drone missiles on people.

Libya...

He's not quite the same. He is marginally better, right now. He wasn't in the senate at the time, but his right hand man, on the other hand, voted for Iraq when it actually happened, while claiming he did not.

The Democrats are full of liars. That should damn them but the Republicans are the same...

But he ended Iraq rather than starting an Iraq. I do not see how you can say he is the same as W.
He pushed further into an Afghanistan, because somehow it was a good war...
Drone assassinations... Libya, etc...

I'm not impressed, it seems to be more of the same to me.

Its pretty darn close.

I still think he does better than Romney on foreign issues. Not by much though. Maybe enough to say you'd rather him win than Romney, but not nearly enough for anyone with principle to vote for him.

Such as his drone missile attacks and increased interventionism? Not saying that will stop under Romney, I think it will, but it is hard to say Obama has stopped the GWB policy.

somebody had to apologize for Bush, he wouldn't do it himself

and of course he continued the policy, Bush got us stuck nation building in 2 countries - walking away immediately wasn't a political option and I could see the GOP trying to impeach him if he did

as for the debate, didn't watch it but I've seen plenty of clips - looks like obama did enough to stop the bleeding from the last one, a similar effort next week should seal the deal

But he ended Iraq rather than starting an Iraq. I do not see how you can say he is the same as W.

Bush ended Iraq, if anything you should be condemning Obama for simply following through on Bush's negotiated withdrawl.

somebody had to apologize for Bush, he wouldn't do it himself

and of course he continued the policy, Bush got us stuck nation building in 2 countries - walking away immediately wasn't a political option and I could see the GOP trying to impeach him if he did

as for the debate, didn't watch it but I've seen plenty of clips - looks like obama did enough to stop the bleeding from the last one, a similar effort next week should seal the deal
Ummm, what?
Obama had to rapidly increase drone missile assassinations? Intervene in Egypt, Libya, Yemen? Send more soldiers to Afghanistan?
I'm confused...

Are you referring to the social security trust fund argument?

that may be it, something about how its reflected in the budget - i should look it up, but... ;)

Ummm, what?
Obama had to rapidly increase drone missile assassinations? Intervene in Egypt, Libya, Yemen? Send more soldiers to Afghanistan?
I'm confused...

the Bush policy was invade and nation build, Obama aint doing that anywhere Bush didn't already get us stuck

Top Bottom