RR6 - I am Legend

2800 BC
Operation Great Wall is in progress. Looks like a very quick turn.

2720 BC
The Germans have contacted us.

2360 BC
Bronze Working is complete. I delay the revolt to slavery to finish the Great Wall first.

I don't see a clear tech path, so I put hunting as a placeholder. I am going to pass the game off here.
Great Wall in 6, and chop completes in 3.

The only visible copper source:

Lurker Suggestion: Settle ON the Elephant/Ivory. While Coastal, it has Five hills, One of which has Copper and also has access to horses and fresh water. Being Creative, it would be easy to get the border pop to claim both resources, and with Protective you could easily archerspam to defend that city while it constructs your SoD. Copper is one of your high priority resources, as you are playing Sumeria, so your UU is the Vulture- a Strength 6 (+25% against Melee, making the unit 7.25 stregth against Melee before bonuses, letting your Vultures beat out Swordsmen and can be used as a mobile defense against incoming SoDs before they get to your cities) Axeman replacement, which is a very powerful unit to go on an early rush with, so getting it online would be a huge boost to your power rating, probably holding off some war-decs for the time being.

How about settling NE of the copper? It gets the clams, and could possibly steal Memphis' corn. And will exert cultural pressure on Memphis of course.

By working a forest instead of the pig we get GW one turn faster theoretically, while losing a bit of food (but without shrinking). However, depending on what the chop will yield that effect could be nullified...

Or NW of Copper, closer to the capital, on a plains hill for extra:hammers: and being protective on a hill is always nice, three farms gives plus five :food: meaning we can work one plains hill, two grass hills (including the bronze), wine and the phants and we could pinch memphis's corn with a cultural push.

Priesthood for the UB next to start getting more spy points

Does anybody know, how the minus points for closed borders are calculated? But as rolo said we don't want to block Rammy anyway. So Settling 1 east of copper to grab the clams may be another possible spot..

Do we want Egypt to be a target for at least one legendary city?
That would affect where to settle...

After all we can always refuse a flip if the city doesn't have 50K yet.

Do we want Egypt to be a target for at least one legendary city?
That would affect where to settle...

After all we can always refuse a flip if the city doesn't have 50K yet.

I think we definitely want to.. Thebes is nearby and therefore the missions will be quite cheap.. And he's likely to build a lot of wonders there as well. So I agree with rolo not to block him too much to keep him up to date techwise.

In case fox won't take it 'til tomorrow morning I'll take it for the evening..

So main goals for the next set should be to get out a settler as fast as possible and settle a second city. So any ideas on where to go?

And techwise which direction are we headding for?

I still like NE of copper, although you should check for other possible sea food around there first. And getting priesthood quick sounds good to me too!

Lurkers Comment:
Yeah NE of the copper looks good. Is it close enough to the Egyptian capital? Or you'll go culture on the closer one?

Lurker's comment :
The spy "spread culture" option is scary.
It's overpowered, maybe broken.
"You control their lands, but not yet their cities"

Here we go for an nearly eventless turnset..

IT:
Changed tech to myst and adoped slavery to hurry upcoming settlers.

2160 BC:
Goal Nr.1 reached:

2080 BC:
Myst in and I went on with Meditation. Before somebody starts pounding on me: It's bit cheaper than poly and as most of the known civs mainly tech poly meditiation gets a bigger trade value..

2040 BC:
Sury came to ask for OB:

Agreed as there's no reason not to do.

1960 BC:
Most cultured civ:

And I whipped the settler for 2 pop..

1920 BC:
This might reroll the settling discussion:

So I stoped 1 turn from finishing Meditation and with the Settler NE of copper.. So it's up to the next player to settle that spot in case the team decides to do so..

And there's another settler ready in 3 turns so we need to discuss the second settling spot as well!

Edit: Of cause the settler is NW of copper not NE!!

Attachments

• RR6 - I am Legend BC-1760.CivBeyondSwordSave
    83.2 KB · Views: 56
Good job on the GW and getting those settlers out. NE of bronze we might get a bit culturally pressed from holy Memphis, but being creative I guess we should be able to manage that. Well, if Ram stays hinduist the Jewish holy city actually won't be generating culture...

2nd settler, hmm... 1NE or 1NW of the bananas may be an option. Or 2W of those cows (NE of spice), not the greatest site, but will block off HRE a bit whose territory is visible a bit to the south.

And do we continue priesthood next, or squeeze in pottery? Do we want to go for the Oracle?

You don't lose your culture in a foreign city when you capture it :p ( in fact, if you have enough culture there, the city will skip the rebelion state completely :D )
I've tried massive culture spread in a solo game and I've different results/experience.
First, I've captured a city with more than 350000 :culture:, but I still had to face rebellion time.
Second, the 5% culture spread seems to go up in EP costs every time you use it.
At some point I did spend 1000/2000 EPs for 15000 :culture:. :eek:
As soon the foreign city center tile has your culture you can start the culture spread mission.
And this works as a snowball for other cities around the target city.
So, I doubt it has anything to do with the culture the opponent is creating.

For anyone who is interested, here's a save (buffy mod required/huge map) :

I guess I'm up (unless GreyFox is back, but I guess he's still battling it out somewhere where no one has gone before), but I'd still appreciate some input on where to settle with both settlers. :) And if we want to try for the Oracle.

Top Bottom