RR6 - I am Legend

525 BC
I switch Eridu to a barracks. After that it should go into troop mood for a while. With more farms, and working more hills this city will be a powerhouse

Whip a granary in Lagash.
(IT) I take the most expensive tech of Metal Casting from Oracle.

500 BC
Scotland Yard is built in Uruk.
I give Sury metal casting and priesthood to get alphabet and iron working.
I am happy to report we have two sources of iron.

I open borders to the rest of the Buddhist block. That looks like THE religion to get.

425 BC
Ramesses got the gold / marble site.

Wang is willing to trade math. I give him metal casting for it alone with sailing. I have to waste WFYABTA on sailing, but it should get us more from trade routes with open borders. We need the income.

We have an unmoved settler in Uruk. I am stopping here, as I am not sure where to send it.

Eridu is set to start being a heavy military pump. I would like several vultures out of this city. It is time to get our of cardboard troop mode.

Well, gave a look at the save .... Nice job

First about settling... we can forgbet about settling the FP area in the west, given that there is celtic culture there ( meaning miss celtia already settled there ). Given the lack of good spots, maybe it is better to get the banana/rice spot SW of the cap ...

We need to do something about linking our northern city in a more solid way to the rest of the empire... as it is now the next border of the ramesses gold city will cut it, with probably dramacit and undesired effects on our :)

Good call on the tech trades .... but that Sury is really putting the steam out :( ( unlike everyone else ) . IMHO we might keep aesthetics as it is a good trade tech.

Well, I think that we already have the cities for our culture win, since ramesses was cool enough to settle cities near ours :p Thebes, Menphis and Pi-ramesses look good enough I guess ....

Given that GreyFox has not logged in CFC for more than a half a month, I'll skip him again ( unless he shows up before Thy picks it ). That makes Thy up, with nocho on deck.

OK, got it for tomorrow evening..

Just another question: There's another settler east of Memphis.. I'm afraid he's going to squeeze another city between our northern city and our cap. So I'd purpose we settle that spot first (I'd purpose 2W o the iron to make it a cottage heaven) as he won't get our green (NE of bananas south of cap) spot.

Techwise I agree on aestetics.

Some other additions??

Instead of 2W of that iron, I'd rather settle the plains hill with the blue circle on it... Gets the corn and can also be cottaged up. Also try to scout that coast west of Kish, if there's a sea food, we might plant a nice city there later with the pigs and iron. Ok with aest.

Without any further input here the report:

IT:
Nothing but some MM..

275 BC:
Founded Nibra on the spot Nocho purposed:
Spoiler :

250 BC:
We connected iron and another settler got whiped in Eridu.

200 BC:
Judaism spread to one of our cities (sorry forgot which one..) but I decided not to switch.

150 BC:
Founded Bad-Tibira:
Spoiler :

125 BC:
Things start to get interesting:
Spoiler :

And I picked up this trade with Biz as we'll need the happiness quite soon:
Spoiler :

But I didn't hange civic!

75 BC:
Hindu spread as well but once again I didn't change. But as Rammy will be our target for the cities we should start to think about it: it would save some EPs later on and BK changed to Conf so waiting for Bud would not effect diplo that much we may need..

So we should make a decision about changing to HR...

@Thy - are you done with the set, or waiting for input. I don't see a save attached.

I think HR is a must. We need the happy help.

Yeah, no need to wait switching to HR. I guess for the rest it's mainly getting up infrastructure and working the lands. I suppose with 2 more cities up there are no urgent settling needs, although it's difficult to say anything more qualified without a save. :)

Dug up a roster:
r_rolo1
Ad Hoc
LKendter
GreyFox - MIA
Thy_Spellcraft - JP
nocho - UP

I can probably play tomorrow or Saturday, provided the save is posted today. ;)

Good to know that Boudi was aiming to other side ;) ( well, I already suspected that , but i better shut myself up before someone starts talking about "roloisms" again ;) )

About going Hindu .... no, no , no and no :p . We would gain 0 in espionage for having the state religion of ramesses ( there are only 2 religion related modifiers in espionage: having the other civ state religion holy city ( with the religion present in the target city OFC ) and the target city having our state religion while their civ has a diferent one .... neither would apply here ) and it would crash our diplo hard. Anyway we only need those modifiers when we actually start spending EP , a thing that will surely not be now.

Agreed on going HR ;)

And this is all I can say without a save .... ( oh, obviously the roster is right... nocho is up with yours faithful on deck :D )

About going Hindu .... no, no , no and no :p . We would gain 0 in espionage for having the state religion of ramesses ( there are only 2 religion related modifiers in espionage: having the other civ state religion holy city ( with the religion present in the target city OFC ) and the target city having our state religion while their civ has a diferent one .... neither would apply here ) and it would crash our diplo hard. Anyway we only need those modifiers when we actually start spending EP , a thing that will surely not be now.

Ok, didn't know that it's not enough that the trget city has our state religion or at least having a bit better chance or success and survival.. So I agree on staying faithless for now. But which religion will we take? Maybe headding for Paya may be worth a discussion to avoid request for changing religion.

And finally here's the save as well!

Attachments

• RR6 - I am Legend BC-0075.CivBeyondSwordSave
    143.9 KB · Views: 94
Anybody any comments? Looked over the save, to me it seems like a round of merely getting infra up and beef up a bit our military. And switch to HR.

Hope to play somewhere during the weekend.

Started playing on my laptop, but with this gigantic empire we're having it hung up on me after a couple of turns :mischief:.

This evening I'll try to produce this highly challenging set on my regular PC...

At long last my extremely uneventful turnset.

Not even worth it to do a year to year report, basically only built more infra and worked the lands. Vultures only in Eridu though. I kept research at 0% until various libraries were out and then blazed through to aesthetics, which has just come in. Set research to polytheism in 1 turn as I hand it off, supposing we might want to get the GLib.

Ram and Whopper asked for OB which I courtly declined for the moment, nothing gained, nothing lost. Wang wanted us to take on Boobica, which also was declined.

We can now get calendar in trade for metal casting with Whopper, I suggest we take that deal.

If we do go for literature and GLib, we can get marble for our only copper source from Ram. We have iron anyway, so must be a good deal.

A spy was auto-hired in the capital. First fired him, then took him back. At least improves the odds of getting a great spy.

The waste land between us and the Celts is getting crowded by Khmers and Holy Romans.

And for now that was about it, folks!

Edit: uy, just noticed in the last screenshot Ram went into red fist mode, be aware of that.

Attachments

• RR6 - I am Legend AD-0250.CivBeyondSwordSave
    156.4 KB · Views: 108
If rammy is in hands full status, it is reasonable ( I haven't seen the save yet ) to assume that we are the target. Stupid AI.... when we want them to fight they go all friends and hugs, when we want them to be peaceful they crowd our empire with cities, complain about close borders and start planning war against us :D ( well, for the sake of the record, BtS AI is probably the best AI in strategical games to the date ( even without considering the Better AI project ) ... if you don't believe me, go play a game of the latest titles of the TW series and you'll see what I mean :p The AI there has literally no sense of diplomacy in general and that makes it prone to high degree stupidities )

Well, GOT IT ... will comment more as soon as I put the eyes on the save.

Nocho, next time you see a red fist, first check if the civ is in war before going alarm mode ... Rammy is in war with Boudi ;) ( in fact they are both eachother worst enemies )

Well, I checked the save in quick mode and I don't see anything of bigger importance. Obviously we want Lit after Poly and want calendar ASAP , but what next? Start the long lib path ? Or do we want something else besides that?

Nocho, next time you see a red fist, first check if the civ is in war before going alarm mode ... Rammy is in war with Boudi ;) ( in fact they are both eachother worst enemies )
So I got you alarmed, huh! :D To be honest, I hadn't noticed the red fist until after finishing the report and having closed Civ... So seeing the screenshot I presumed it was war preparation. Checking the log, I see he declared 7 turns ago, completely missed it :blush:. Sorry for the limited attention span between yawn and yawn. :mischief: I now understand why Ram wanted open borders! :lol:

Poly-lit and trade for calendar. I guess economic techs like currency and CS are well worth it and then head for lib. I suspect the 2nd half of this game will be more intriguing than the 1st... ;)

Well, I must agree that this time of the game is surely a lot of work and little fun....

First, got Calendar from Mr burger:
Spoiler :

And opened borders with mr Wang as well.

I said the game was being boring, right? The game decided to try to put it more interesting.....
Spoiler :

Bah, I really hate some events ;)

Behold the runway AI ( aka yellow alien ) starting spot:
Spoiler :

Who was the bastard that created this map and gave the Mapfinder start to a CRE AI? if I find him , I'll .... errr.... :blush: ... nevermind that :p

And obviously a war request....
Spoiler :

Note that mr Ramesses is now annoyed with us. I wonder if we should let his troops pass to certain doom on Boudi hands just to keep him managable :D

Other event:
Spoiler :

I really don't think that i need to say that the price of the other two options was way too high in empire with the number of cities we have....

Lit comes out in a very animated IBT:
Spoiler :

Well, this means that miss boudi will surely send it's boys across our lands to arrass Ramesses. We don't want that happening ;) And there is no prize for guessing who got Tao: it was the guy that got the GS the turn before this and had CoL :D Kidding, it was most likely Bismark ....

And BTW we have a glimpse of what our dear friend from Egypt is doing:
Spoiler :

Pi-Ramesses will be seeable next turn as well.

And a good reason to hate CRE AI :
Spoiler :

Blake, did you had to code the AI to fill EVERY god forsaken tile of desert in the map ? :p

As we already have acess to the GL , I decided to rip our northern neighour out of marble:
Spoiler :

"Yeah, Ramesses, with copper you can make powerful melee units... it was not me that said it, was the almighty Sid ! I'm even being generous giving it to you just for marble... C'mon what is that talk of "I already have iron" ? Are you doubting the almighy Sid wisdom? And even more, copper helps building wonders ... yes, wonders ... shiny things ... and we both know you love shiny things. You can't do shiny things with iron, right?" :D

The best spot for building the GL is Eridu:
Spoiler :

We don't want to build it in the cap because it would seriously mess out the GSpy output, even more than it is with the Oracle there. And it is also the faster way of getting it, even without the forge. This is well needed because....
Spoiler :

A internet cookie for the one that guess the reason without opening the spoiler. A clue: Cre civ with 2 riverside plains gold hills in starting BFC :D Really, this guy is starting to get on my nerves....

A final question....
Spoiler :

What to do with this thing? My personal bet would be razing it and settle 1 N. This would be a decent city with the Moai Statues ( and we could scream the pig iron quote :p )

Ad Hoc is up, LK is in queue unless GreyFox rises from the shadows again.

Attachments

• RR6 - I am Legend AD-0425.CivBeyondSwordSave
    167.2 KB · Views: 63
got it, most probably won't play until saturday morning to allow for discussion :)

Top Bottom