[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine--Act 3: Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost believed you when you said you weren't fan or Russian media.

So what about those questions you've just been asked? I only saw deflection from your side by focusing on a typo.

I'd love to see some answers, if you don't mind. Because your obvious desire to see Ukraine and its citizens slaughtered by our savage neighbor is puzzling for me.

I only "answered" them like that, due to @Gedemon 's post. Blame him ^_^
You know I already said 1000 times that Russia is in the wrong and is greedy etc. If you search for my posts ever since Crimea was annexed, you will find I was against that too (still am, it is just over so there's no reason to post unless things massively change).
Thinking Russia is in the wrong doesn't mean one also thinks they will lose the war/won't annex more.

I only "answered" them like that, due to @Gedemon 's post. Blame him ^_^
You know I already said 1000 times that Russia is in the wrong and is greedy etc. If you search for my posts ever since Crimea was annexed, you will find I was against that too (still am, it is just over so there's no reason to post unless things massively change).
Thinking Russia is in the wrong doesn't mean one also thinks they will lose the war/won't annex more.
Yet you keep repeating Russian propaganda, you would throw Ukraine to Russia without a doubt and you would dissolve the Western alliance.
Something does not compute.

You keep saying Russia is wrong, yet you don’t back any measures aimed at stopping and constricting this behavior. Again, something does not compute.

Yet you keep repeating Russian propaganda, you would throw Ukraine to Russia without a doubt and you would dissolve the Western alliance.

Maybe the problem here is identifying any view that is not parroting the usual "Russia will lose/is losing/is useless militarily/this can only end with Ukraine winning" etc, as "repeating russian propaganda".

@Kyriakos So what exactly are your positions on these issues:
  • Who is at fault for the invasion of Ukraine?
  • What should the EU be doing, if anything, about it?
  • What should the US be doing, if anything, about it?
  • Is Russia a threat to it neighbors?
  • Should the Ukraine give up the current Russian held territory to make piece?
  • Who is the bigger threat to EU security and prosperity, the US or Russia? Some other nation?
Thanks

Given that a super moderator breaches this topic, here's my two cents

He avoided expressing overt support but my impression is that he's supporting a Russian conquest of Ukraine. You can observe signs of that by reading how he responds to criticisms of Russian rhetorics and actions. The usual strategy he takes is to cite hypocrisies of the West in other geopolitical issues.

Given that he is apparently Greek, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to convert some common pro-Russian rhetoric into pro-Turkish talking points. Alas, he did not appear to find that amusing, given an abrupt drop of that usual jovial demeanor.

Maybe the problem here is identifying any view that is not parroting the usual "Russia will lose/is losing/is useless militarily/this can only end with Ukraine winning" etc, as "repeating russian propaganda".
No. You do keep repeating Russian propaganda points. You should be critical of Ukrainian reports and reddit hype, but this does not mean you are in the right when you counteract these points with Russian lies.

Given that a super moderator breaches this topic, here's my two cents

He avoided expressing overt support but my impression is that he's supporting a Russian conquest of Ukraine. You can observe signs of that by reading how he responds to criticisms of Russian rhetorics and actions. The usual strategy he takes is to cite hypocrisies of the West in other geopolitical issues.

Given that he is apparently Greek, I thought it would be an interesting exercise to convert some common pro-Russian rhetoric into pro-Turkish talking points. Alas, he did not appear to find that amusing, given an abrupt drop of that usual jovial demeanor.
Spot on.

Graham is making strange videos with gymnastic performance in Mariupol and announces special reportage coming tomorrow.

No. You do keep repeating Russian propaganda points. You should be critical of Ukrainian reports and reddit hype, but this does not mean you are in the right when you counteract these points with Russian lies.

So I suppose it should be enough to state that I have no access to russian propaganda. I only bother little with news about the war, and the single greek site I read from time to time may easily include russian information as well as the easier to find "western" one. So unless your claim is that I am either lying or that any point of view can't possibly diverge from a happy "Ukraine is winning" one, I don't see the merit in your post and it's merely wishful thinking.
Ultimately it's pointless, since developments aren't reliant on propaganda - and afaik all the russian media have been banned in the west, so no threat of influence there, only balanced media remain.

Hopefully discussion can remain civil, despite the often glaring disparity in ability to either be polite or draft more than the merc-company brain cells.

You keep saying Russia is wrong, yet you don’t back any measures aimed at stopping and constricting this behavior. Again, something does not compute.

What Kyriakos supports or not and how he gingerly dances around speculations with his rhetorical athleticism is not a particularly interesting topic. Maybe a new thread can be started on that.

Besides, I thought some Cthulhu's already warned about derailing into discussion on individuals.

Graham is making strange videos with gymnastic performance in Mariupol and announces special reportage coming tomorrow.

I didn't know who Graham Philips is but he sounds like worthy torch-bearer for the late Lord Haw-haw, who famously told the world the real truth about Nazism. I should be sure to add him to my favourite list of journalists to follow.

Wikipedia said:
URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Phillips_(journalist)#Return_to_Ukraine_(2022)

Despite receiving a lifetime ban in 2014, Phillips returned to Ukraine in 2022 to report about the Russian invasion of Ukraine. He has called support for Ukraine "virtue signalling" for a "fashionable cause" and likened it to the support for Black Lives Matter.[5] In March, Phillips was reporting from the Chernihiv area of Ukraine.[2]

In April, Phillips was back reporting in Donbas, and on 18 April 2022, Phillips interviewed Aiden Aslin, a British-Ukrainian soldier who had been captured by the Russian Armed Forces while serving in Ukrainian military and fighting in Mariupol. Phillips uploaded video of the interview to his YouTube channel, in which Aslin could be seen in handcuffs.[42] British barrister Geoffrey Robertson said the interview could be a violation of international law, saying "coercive interrogation of prisoners of war for propaganda purposes is contrary to the Geneva Conventions". According to Yahoo! News, Phillips may face a war crime prosecution as a result of the interview.[43] Former British Cabinet minister Damien Green described him as the modern-day equivalent of Second World War Nazi propagandist Lord Haw Haw.[44]

On 20 April, Phillips was criticised by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Nottinghamshire Member of Parliament Robert Jenrick in the House of Commons. Johnson accused Phillips of producing propaganda messages and Jenrick said "the interviewer Graham Phillips is in danger of prosecution for war crimes".[39] On 23 April, YouTube announced that it had removed Phillips' interview of Aslin citing privacy violations. In addition, the company announced that it had restricted Phillips ability to monetise content via his channel.[45]

For his part, Phillips has stated that he has "nothing to hide," adding that Aslin had "requested the interview". "Let anyone serious present any real charges against me, and I'll fully answer all of them - I'm an independent journalist of complete integrity, and absolutely sound of conscience and ethics," he said.[9]

I didn't know who Graham Philips is but he sounds like worthy torch-bearer for the late Lord Haw-haw, who famously told the world the real truth about Nazism. I should be sure to add him to my favourite list of journalists to follow.

Also from Wiki:
"In 2015, he was reportedly awarded a medal by the Border Service, a branch of FSB, Russia's primary security service. Phillips has further been awarded several medals by the separatist republics of Donbas, for his journalistic work, including a II degree Medal of Merit by the head of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic Igor Plotnitsky."

He's a well-known character here in Ukraine since 2014

Also from Wiki:
"In 2015, he was reportedly awarded a medal by the Border Service, a branch of FSB, Russia's primary security service. Phillips has further been awarded several medals by the separatist republics of Donbas, for his journalistic work, including a II degree Medal of Merit by the head of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic Igor Plotnitsky."

He's a well-known character here in Ukraine since 2014

That does bring up a good subject.. Much of this thread has been about Russian spinsters trying to protect their tribe and ego. Perhaps what's more relevant would be to get some perspectives on the daily lives of people who are under invasion.

What are things like in Ukraine? What do people do when they hear air sirens and see dead civilians in the streets? How many people got drafted?

in the comfy America or Europe , the Balkans and whatnot are a place where funny people live . The guy won't answer ? Let me tell what ı have seen . In some other gaming forum , where they had these things in a more excited style . His experience is one of Russia claimed to stand for kin . With some extreme claims of Russian threat of military intervention in this war between NATO members ... And while you people might not have heard about because Fox or CNN did not report it yet but the war (talk) exists and is very real . He WANTS this war in Ukraine ended . SOON . Without Russia getting defeated . In one piece so that it can be off some use in the future . Especially in a situation where lsrael seems odd , not exactly on the side of America for some weird reason . Yeah , everybody knows how America treats its allies and friends and how Israel acts against its enemies . He wouldn't find a spot in the Rand Corporation but , yeah , he does have his misgivings . Like everybody wants to live , right ?

the echo chamber says Ukraine wins the Eurovision but there will be war and the next years's contest will be done in the UK , is there any truth to that ?

Yes, he worked there for quite a long time, has several well deserved awards.
Meaning he can be relied on to pass on a certain kind of narrative. The issue it the relative merits of that kind of narrative.

in the comfy America or Europe , the Balkans and whatnot are a place where funny people live . The guy won't answer ?
I've been meaning to ask - do you use Google Translate to make your posts? My command of English is awful and usually can't make sense of what you write. Can you maybe ask red_elk or sammohod to help you translate from Russian to English?

in the comfy America or Europe , the Balkans and whatnot are a place where funny people live . The guy won't answer ? Let me tell what ı have seen . In some other gaming forum , where they had these things in a more excited style . His experience is one of Russia claimed to stand for kin . With some extreme claims of Russian threat of military intervention in this war between NATO members ... And while you people might not have heard about because Fox or CNN did not report it yet but the war (talk) exists and is very real . He WANTS this war in Ukraine ended . SOON . Without Russia getting defeated . In one piece so that it can be off some use in the future . Especially in a situation where lsrael seems odd , not exactly on the side of America for some weird reason . Yeah , everybody knows how America treats its allies and friends and how Israel acts against its enemies . He wouldn't find a spot in the Rand Corporation but , yeah , he does have his misgivings . Like everybody wants to live , right ?

the echo chamber says Ukraine wins the Eurovision but there will be war and the next years's contest will be done in the UK , is there any truth to that ?

That's not even for now, r16. Besides, I am sure you are noticing how the new is drifting towards the ocean-away side :)
In forums one has to learn to make use of all buttons, is all, and it's only symmetric that the use targets usefuls.

am not a Russian , am not a Russian troll , don't have a Russian mistress that poisons me against the world through pillow talk , ı have seen two centerfolds from some men's magazine and three outright stars of certain kinds of movies in the streets of the big town nearby , like paid for by people ı don't like anyhow . So , red_elk will soon be here to say he doesn't understand me two days a week anyhow . No machine translation , no specific effort , that's how ı write .

as for the next post , it should serve as a basis . Like ı don't insist on claiming that ı know people better than they know themselves . Don't care about being reported anyhow .

Who else does not post perfectly in line with the Great Ukrainian Cause and must be sentenced to be burned at stake as Russian propagandist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom