[NFP] Sacrificing units with the Soothsayer?

nzcamel

Nahtanoj the Magnificent
So I'm trying the Apocalypse mode for the first time, and I can't seem to sacrifice any units to the volcano, while the competition is running.
Here you can see I have the soothsayer next to the volcano, and I've clicked on the sacrifice adjacent unit button (which has become highlighted, but I can't seem to click on the scout to throw the unfortunates in! I tried with the scout one tile over (as the action suggests) and that didn't work either.

Soothsayer 2.PNG

Given that the volcano doesn't "look" active (no fire in the crater) I hovered over it to be sure (see below), and it is which doesn't surprise me as it had erupted not that long ago.
Anyone had this issue?

Soothsayer 1.PNG

The mods I have on are (most of which are just quality of life UI improvements): better deal window, better report screen, capture UI improvements, city original info, colourized historic moments, detailed map tacks, enhanced policy manager, friends with benefits, happiness and growth indicators, hillier hills, Leugi's unique district icons, map search extension, Pedro hair fix, Policy change reminder, radial measuring tool, real stylish great people, real great people, Sukirtact's global relations panel, tactical camera Tom, Take you time ultimate, WASD keys.

Save attached.

Attachments

• MENELIK II 281 700 BC.Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
Did you try it without the workers on the same tile as the scout?

Does a scout count as a sacrificeable combat unit? Have you tried some other unit, like a spearman? I haven't played this mode for ages now and can't remember if I've ever tried to sacrifice a scout, but as a recon unit, it may be deemed too much on the lean side for a sacrifice :) But anticav units were just made for such sacrifices - no resource requirements and bearing actual weapons.

Does a scout count as a sacrificeable combat unit? Have you tried some other unit, like a spearman? I haven't played this mode for ages now and can't remember if I've ever tried to sacrifice a scout, but as a recon unit, it may be deemed too much on the lean side for a sacrifice :) But anticav units were just made for such sacrifices - no resource requirements and bearing actual weapons.

Yep, tried it with a horseman. Same result.

Did you try it without the workers on the same tile as the scout?

Yep.

What I'm expecting (which isn't happening) is similar to what happens when you build a tunnel with an engineer. After you click the "make tunnel" tab on your engineer the applicable mountain tiles highlight, and you click on the one you want to tunnel through. I'd expect the same to happen here as maybe you have more than one unit next to the volcano. But it doesn't. I still have all the white hexes up (as seen in the first pic) and they seem to be related to the Soothsayer ability to cause a disaster somewhere, not the sacrifice a unit ability. So I suspect it's not even registering what I have selected. Even though that tab itself does end up highlighted of sorts; as seen below.

Highlighted SS tab.PNG

I guess I should report this as a bug?

I guess I should report this as a bug?

Only if you can reproduce it with all mods off, since you do have a lot of them.
Btw, I read that WASD keys mod is obsolete post NFP, since NFP introduced the functionality to the base game and the mod creator recommends not using it with NFP.

Btw, I read that WASD keys mod is obsolete post NFP, since NFP introduced the functionality to the base game and the mod creator recommends not using it with NFP.

I'd hope you're right but I'm sure in my MP games (no mods used) when I go to instinctively use WSAD it doesn't work. lets just hope I'm going cray cray.

I'd hope you're right but I'm sure in my MP games (no mods used) when I go to instinctively use WSAD it doesn't work. lets just hope I'm going cray cray.
From the description I understood, you must bind them yourself, they're not on by default.

Dammit... I turned off all the mods (except the mod manager) and it worked... now to start the arduous process of working out which is screwing it up :sad:

I can rule out already as fine:

better deal window,
better report screen,
colourized historic moments,
detailed map tacks,
enhanced policy manager,
happiness and growth indicators,
hillier hills,
Leugi's unique district icons,
Pedro hair fix,
Policy change reminder,
radial measuring tool,
real stylish great people,
real great people,
tactical camera Tom,
Take you time ultimate

And:
capture UI improvements,
friends with benefits,
map search extension

And:
city original info,
Sukirtact's global relations panel,

It was the flippen' WASD keys; which is fantastic as you say that is no longer needed. WTF though... how on earth would that mod mess with that function!!

It was the flippen' WASD keys; which is fantastic as you say that is no longer needed. WTF though... how on earth would that mod mess with that function!!

You're not alone. This is from the latest discussion on the mod's page on the Workshop:

Top Bottom