• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Sad News: Gary Gygax has passed away

I have a 3.0 players handbook signed by that man. What a legend. RIP Gary Gygax!

Al

Perhaps he should show up on a great person list in FfH

That is something I would like to see. I never caught the D&D bug, but without it I would never have been introduce to Chivalry & Sorcery system. And if D&D hadn't come into being I sincerely doubt that the likes of call of Cuthulu, MERP to name but a few would ever have existed. Even the likes of Warhammer owes him.

Sad

What a loss for the gaming industry. We can all remember him by continuing to do what we love: the passion for gaming that would not be the same if he had not made it possible.

That is something I would like to see. I never caught the D&D bug, but without it I would never have been introduce to Chivalry & Sorcery system. And if D&D hadn't come into being I sincerely doubt that the likes of call of Cuthulu, MERP to name but a few would ever have existed. Even the likes of Warhammer owes him.

Sad

Chuckle -- C & S was started becuase they thought D & D wasn't realistic enough! But your point is 100% correct -- had there been no D & D, there would not have been C & S!

Best wishes,

Breunor

The latest PCGamer has a good article on Gary Gygax in it, as well as an unnamed link to Fall from Heaven (and a picture of my carpet):

Fenboy - Cool comic - I have become hooked! Thank you for sharing.

Kael - those adventures bring back memories! Just a little scary they are in such good condition though. While I am fast becoming a full fledged devoted minion - the carpet is really yucky.

Thanks for the Mod, all the cool story stuff and the forum!

I started with D&D before it was D&D -- Chainmail, which is a rulebook for fantasy miniatures. Spent a lot of time drawing out dungeons on hex paper. In the olden days, you could go to GenCon and play in games DMed by the man himself. Probably the only time when players didn't argue about the rules.

Nice collection of AD&D paraphernalia, Kael! I recognized the Rogues' Gallery and the Monster Manual, plus several of the modules. The G series was a fun set of adventures.

Top Bottom