Saibotlieh's Leaderhead Collection

It will probably be blood, sweat and tears, but if I succeed, it'll be worth it (I hope).
That pretty much nails what will be ahead of you. :)

But with the model mesh already imported in Blender you are on a good way. For the rigging of the mesh to the skeleton of the leader this tutorial about Bone Weight Copying. Don't worry that it is about units, leaderheads work in a similar way, but will take a long time to be computed (at least several minutes). But this will only give you a good starting position, there will be a lot of fine rigging necessary afterwards (especially in the face region).

Other tutorials that might be useful:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=267233
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=296286
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=305606
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=435755

Again, do not worry if the tutorial talks about units, most of the things done in Blender are pretty much the same for leaderheads.

Thanks! I'll let you know if I succeeded or not, if not then at least I'll have tried.
EDIT:I can't find "NiSkinInstance"in leaderheads in Nifskope
EDIT2:What does ""no mesh with vertex groups" mean?

Thanks! I'll let you know if I succeeded or not, if not then at least I'll have tried.
EDIT:I can't find "NiSkinInstance"in leaderheads in Nifskope
EDIT2:What does ""no mesh with vertex groups" mean?
Practical each mesh of a leaderhead has its own NiSkinInstance, which is basically the information about how the vertices of the mesh are rigged to the bones of the skeleton.

Vertices can be rigged to more than one bones, this is where the "weight" comes into play. So for example, you can give a vertice a weight of 1.0 for one bone and a weight of 0.5 for another bone. This vertice will than be move twice as much by the first bone than by the second bone.

"no mesh with vertex groups" means that no mesh of your model is rigged to any bone. A vertex group contains all the bones the vertices of that mesh can be rigged to. But to actually rig them, you will need to asses weight, which you can automatically do with the Bone Weight Copying.

Very nice work! I don't suppose you take requests?
Thanks, but unfortunately I'm a bit out of Civ4 modding at the moment. You still can request a leaderhead if you like, but the chances are rather slim that I will do any anytime soon.

Hey, SaibotLieh, I have a question. I recently tried to make another Indian leader for a mod of mine, however something went wrong in Blender and now I don't know how to proceed.
The problem is that an object that I got from one of your leaderheads shows up black in game but normally in nifskope (see below)
Spoiler :

I isolated the problem, the nif object file is missing an NiTriShapeData and NiSkinInstance file. I tried to solve this by pasting it in the folder of the object in nifskope but this doesn't work.

Do you happen to know what I could do to fix this?

And thanks!

Attachments

• Samrajni.jpg
    Samrajni.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 565
  • Indian_Empress.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
Hey, SaibotLieh, I have a question. I recently tried to make another Indian leader for a mod of mine, however something went wrong in Blender and now I don't know how to proceed.
The problem is that an object that I got from one of your leaderheads shows up black in game but normally in nifskope (see below)
Spoiler :

I isolated the problem, the nif object file is missing an NiTriShapeData and NiSkinInstance file. I tried to solve this by pasting it in the folder of the object in nifskope but this doesn't work.

Do you happen to know what I could do to fix this?

And thanks!
Hi,

my guess would be that the object still has some vertex groups from the old leaderhead. Try delete all its vertex groups in Blender. If you attach a mesh directly to a bone in NifSkope, that mesh should not have a NiSkinInstance, only a NiTriShapeData.

I don't understand, I already deleted all vertex group from the old leaderheads. How do I get the color of the object to succesfully display ingame? Since the object is colored in nifskope.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Thingy.png
    Thingy.png
    257.5 KB · Views: 578
I don't understand, I already deleted all vertex group from the old leaderheads. How do I get the color of the object to succesfully display ingame? Since the object is colored in nifskope.
Spoiler :
I did understand your question. The problem is that various things can change how objects appear in-game.

Next thing you can try is to set the "Num Extra Data List" of the NiTriShape to 0 and the "Num Shader Textures" of the NiTexturingProperty to 0 as well. Don't forget to actualise both by clicking the two green arrows in the next row of each.

I'm sorry but that didn't work either, could I try something else?

Okay, let's try to change the NiMaterialProperty next. Exchange in the NiTriShape "Properties" list the entry of the "Mansa Musa.002" NiMaterialProperty with the one of the main mesh ("NON SHADER.02", number 27 I think).

Hi, with the site move, it seems like none of the links are working. Can anyone fix this?

Interesting, but I'm a bit short on other female pirate models at the moment and also I'm not in the right mood to create a whole new LH. What I could do however is change the head of my Delahaye leaderhead by mirroring the left side of her face in order to give her two good eyes and get rid of the pirate hat. There are two alternative versions of the Atlantica pirate from whom I could copy the upper part of the head, which one would you prefer?
Spoiler :

Of course the background would be changed to something Irish as well. Also, I could get rid of that shoulder girdle thingy like the first of the two alternative versions.

Saib, did you make this version?

Glad to see you're still around.

I have these two, like most of your creations. They are always so well done and come with the xml files to so can start playing them right away.

Just wondering if you had made the ones pictured with, well lets say, the fuller figure costumes.

I am having some problems with another of your thingys but that is for when you have more time.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Glad to see you're still around.

I have these two, like most of your creations. They are always so well done and come with the xml files to so can start playing them right away.

Just wondering if you had made the ones pictured with, well lets say, the fuller figure costumes.

I am having some problems with another of your thingys but that is for when you have more time.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!
Many thanks.

I did not create a working leaderhead with the original model, sorry, only with the modified model.

Hope you had some good Christmas as well!

If you have the time I have something that is driving me bonkers.

I pretty much play the Canada Mod exclusively. One day I got the bright idea that I would like to have the Amazons as a Custom Civ in the game. Wow what a pain that became. After about a month of tinkering I got just about everything working (with a lot of redirect typing)! Everything shows up fine, buildings, leaders, and the two unique units.

Where I am going in circles is that I can't get the other units to replace the standard male ones and for some odd reason the flag symbol doesn't show on the Civ banner. It shows up fine everywhere else.

Looking at the files everything seems to be where it should be. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom