Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites

No, actual widescale atrocities like illegally invading and occupying a sovereign country on the basis of lies and deceit while massacring hundreds of thousands of innocent people. And let's not forget covertly supporting Iraq during their 8-year-long attempted subjugation of Iran.

Oh blah, we were supporting Iran too. The US at the time didn't want Iraq or Iran to win.

If those protesters however, were in the majority, and as a majority asked for American moral support of their cause, logically, the minority's view of them being puppets wouldn't matter, as the majority would have the power in numbers and eventually politics.

I don't think it's as black and white as that. Your not either 'with the Iranian government' or 'with America'. You can be both against the Iranian government and against America. Certainly I doubt few Iranians hold a particularly positive view of America, regardless of their view on the Iranian government. That's partly to do with Americas history (Vis a vis the Shah) and it's stubbornly hostile stance towards Iran, out of which their government makes much hay.

That is to say, even if the protesters were in an overwhelming majority they might not want American support. It makes the movement seem less home grown. That's not to say that will always be the case, but in the foreseeable future overt American support is only going to weaken internal opposition.

Well darn then. There really is nothing to do besides wait it seems.

I'm a bit impatient when it comes to results, though.

Precisely. But I imagine any intervention will be counter-productive; currently the trend is towards a more liberal democratic society. It's violent actions that will alter that, not vice versa.

Oh blah, we were supporting Iran too. The US at the time didn't want Iraq or Iran to win.
Oh blah? :lol:

The only reason we covertly supported Iran was to free US hostages and to help the Contras.

You do realize that Saddam Hussein was our puppet leader back then who was doing exactly as we told him to do. Of course, we wanted Iraq to win. It was all done to overthrow the Iran government for toppling our own fascist puppet, throwing out the US oil corporations the second time, and for holding US embassy employees hostages for nearly a year.

And this master/slave relationship existed right up to the point where Hussein thought he had our permission to invade Kuwait as well.

We have no opinion on your Arab-Arab conflicts, such as your dispute with Kuwait. Secretary Baker has directed me to emphasize the instruction, first given to Iraq in the 1960s, that the Kuwait issue is not associated with America."

That just goes to show how hypocritical Reagan really was. Who else would publicly support one side while covertly providing military aid to the other to suport "freedom fighters" aka terrorists in Nicaragua? He should have been impeached over that fiasco.

Top Bottom