Scenario: 1940AD on GEM

Doesn't GEM got Better BTS AI?

The advice up here really work.

If you go to the tech screen - all the AIs are listed there and with right mouse button click on their icon you can start a dialg with the AI.
:)

On topic, I have a similar question that I was thinking of last night.

Being one of many whose screen resolution won't show all civ scores on the main playing page, is there any way to get this from other menus? I know i can't get it on the main screen, but wondered if there's another way- f8 shows the victory conditions, but as i remember only shows your score vs the top score. Can this be drilled down to show others'?

The Hungary/Bulgarian/Romanian civ start as a vassal of Germany and it is little unfair to play with it.

I'm playing one game with them @Diety and i lost 1 year(1940) in war with germany to be able to actually begin the game. I used their demand for oil to declare war and then i managed to stop them. I used the culture slider very aggresive to make buffer zome with them. The germans had captured Beograd which i took from them. I also manage to took Prague latter and turn it back in excange of peace offer.

I don't know why but even after i killed quite a lot of german troops and took 2 cities they still were accepting peace only for a city.

So up to the winter of 1941 i was at last free from german problems.
I have build good stacks of tanks and took Greece, Turkey and Iraq in the next two years and i'm on a way to kill Iran too. I've manage to make pace with France just in time before Italy capitulated to them. I've also made peace with England. But up to now no chance to make peace with USA. Stalin force me to declare on Japan(my best buddies before that) because the danger from USSR is quite bigger.
Because Germany had no access to oil up to now they didn't advnce much in france and made peace at the begining of 43. I'm now in the begining of 43 and everything looks fine except my very slow teching - still need >40 turns to take my first tech Rocketry.

For 3 yars i manage to make Hugarian/Bulgarian/Romanian alliance a major power in the world but i'm still very week in tech (400 breakers per turn vs 3k for the bigest powers).
I'm 12 in soldiers and 11 in land.

After finishing Iran i am plaing a combined sea/paratroop invasion in egipt because i dont want to fight with England yet.

Hi hellwitch,

Thanks for your sharing. By the sound of your game, it doesn't sound like it is too bad for the Hungary civ?

I know it is a bit unrealistic to combine the three and make it the vassal of Germany to start with. But this is a scenario and I have to make those kind of decisions for better game play.

Yes now the situation is better but at the start it was very bad.

And this was my 3rd try when i succeed to break with germany in acceptable timeframe.

Yes you are right that this is scenario and this countries were somthing like vassals. IMO just one good defender in Budapest could make the start quite better(for example CG3 marine). The problem is that if Germany ask for oil on turn 0(they play before Hungary) you are supposed to defend yourself with rifles vs panzers and very high promoted infantry.

The situation with the rifles is also not very accurate historically at least fo Bulgaria and Romania - they have had quite good military by this time but less in number - IMO the number of the rifles is too big.

Hey man I really like your maps, and your scenarios are really good too, but I've got just one complain to do: I happen to live in Romania and the spot where you placed 'Baia Mare' is actualy the positioning of another Romanian city 'Brasov', didn't mean to offend you or something. Keep up the great work!
And sorry for my english.
Edit: I live in Baia Mare so I quite enjoyed seeing my hometown on civ4. :D

So why should you complaint? :)

I actually think the city should be Baia Mare. It is more further north than Brasov. May be because the map has quite a bit of distortion in Romania to make you think the way you are?

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Well everything was going right with my game - Me as Hungary have taken Greece,Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Egipt, Arabia. THe Germans were going OK - they took 2-3 cities from France and sign peace with them then they took Jerusalem and Kuwait and then ?!?@?!#>!?3.?!

THe Germans capitulated to UK?! Why when they were only advancing. And it is aburd that Adolf will capitulate to anyone. This totally ruin around 1 month played game!!!!

@Genghis Kai - please you must forbid somehow Germany to surrender because it seem from civ mechanics this is supposed to happen in the scenario as it is now. I have face this strange capitulation 3-4 time with previous tries on the map. ANd Adolf aways capitulate to churchil. IMO this is a real Bug in the AI behaviour.

Well everything was going right with my game - Me as Hungary have taken Greece,Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Egipt, Arabia. THe Germans were going OK - they took 2-3 cities from France and sign peace with them then they took Jerusalem and Kuwait and then ?!?@?!#>!?3.?!

THe Germans capitulated to UK?! Why when they were only advancing. And it is aburd that Adolf will capitulate to anyone. This totally ruin around 1 month played game!!!!

@Genghis Kai - please you must forbid somehow Germany to surrender because it seem from civ mechanics this is supposed to happen in the scenario as it is now. I have face this strange capitulation 3-4 time with previous tries on the map. ANd Adolf aways capitulate to churchil. IMO this is a real Bug in the AI behaviour.

Capitulations can be a little annoying, although I must admit I've never had Hitler capitulate to Churchill, even when playing as a civ distanced from the European war.

One of the big problems with the civ engine seems to be that a civ will capitulate against a larger enemy seemingly after very small losses. It doesn't seem to be the events of the war so much as the imbalance in size of civs which causes this. For instance in the 1860 scenario I'm playing Victoria (UK) has vassalized most of the world without really doing much.

If it is possible to remove the possibility for Hitler to capitulate then I guess that's realistic. You can also switch off vassals by running a custom scenario though in case you didn't know.

Just custom scenario and Turn off Vassals...or make permanent war to simulate the effect that in a war...there is no real "end" until someone is destroyed. France never really "capitulated" to Germany even with losing all of their land...they simply got it back after the allies destroyed Germany.

Just turn off vassals OR turn on permanent war.

Hi all,

Just started playing the newest version.

One immediate thing I saw was Cereal Co. is missing it’s HQ, where should it be London?

Playing as Germany Emperor still 1940, I have taken out all of mainland France and London. I expect the UK will be fairly easy at this point.

Hmm..

Before when I played if I did not take an Axis power it was too easy even on Deity as either the US, UK or Russia. If I choose Italy, Germany would make very little progress in its wars and eventually stagnate, I could get Italy to dominate the seas and take out most of the non-US land mass. Not much time spent as Japan.

Just my 2 cents

I think the HQ is there in London. It just for some reason doesn't display the symbol on the map. The HQ will still earning money as it should.

This happens all the time for corporation HQ and religion's holy city. I just found a similar bug in 1860 scenario too last night.

So are you saying you think the scenario is easier now than before?

Not sure how easy it is yet. I have only played into the middle Jan 1940 as Germany on Emperor.

However, I have all of France, London, Bristol, and the rest of the UK is just a wee bit of time.

I do want to report that NOT ONCE did my "land" units get attacked during this time. All units have gone on the defensive. I thought it was quite strange at first, all the units (except one in each city) in the French and UK armies massing in one spot for me to kill. Maybe the new AI calculates that is better when outmatched.. We know it is easier as you only need to overcome the cultural bonus once.

But the game seems pointless to continue with the massive head start. However, I bet you if I play, Italy, Germany will still be sitting in France by 1942. Maybe the Human player should only play on Immortal or Deity?

After much consideration, I have come up with the following list of civs for the expanded version of the 1940AD scenario:

0 Germany
1 Hungary
2 Romania
3 Bulgaria
4 Italy

5 Japan
6 Manchuria
7 Thailand

8 Turkey
9 Egypt
10 Arabia
11 Iraq
12 Iran
13 Afghanistan
14 Nepal

15 Russia
16 Mongolia
17 Communist China

18 Nationalist China
19 France
20 Netherlands
21 Belgium
22 Greece
23 Yugoslavia
24 Denmark
25 Norway

26 Sweden
27 Finland
28 Baltic States
29 Switzerland
30 Ireland
31 Spain
32 Portugal

33 Britain
34 South Africa
35 Australia
36 New Zealand
37 Canada

38 America
39 Philippines
40 Central America
41 Cuba

42 Mexico
43 Venezuela
44 Colombia
45 Peru
46 Uruguay
47 Brazil
48 Argentina
49 Chile

A total of 50 civs (new nations in red) and there will be no need for minor nations! (will only have a few African cities represented by Barbarians.)

Well, this sounds just great! Can't wait to try. By the way, any interest in adding some of my culture scripting to protect against early culture bombing yet?

Best Regards,
Martin

@JEELEN: Well, I think I will need the scrollbar now. So yes, I will try to add it.

@ACE: yeah, if you don't mind. It is a great idea. I thought you have abandoned the idea.

By the way, did you saw my suggestion on the amphibious improvement? Any chance you've got a clue how can I make that mod?

Top Bottom