1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by El Justo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Optimus_Slime

Optimus_Slime Chieftain

I've attached the save file here. I'm running the game with the "no raze no city limit no mua" patch that I downloaded with the scenario. So far, the game has been running very quickly and smoothly. I have a brand new SSD and 16 GB of RAM, so my system can certainly handle the scenario.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Optimus_Slime, I think the problem is solved. I was able to continue the turn of your game without any problems. In that turn the GW Sudwester Military Academy was built - and that GW didn´t have a wondersplash with 256 colours (but with 16 Mio colours, that the game cannot handle) in its original download. This is a known error of that scenario: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...4-deluxe-version.95741/page-371#post-13562009 .

It seems your files are missing that wondersplash. I have attached a zip-file of this splash to this post. Please add it to the splashes in the wondersplash folder of this scenario.

Attached Files:

3. Optimus_Slime

Optimus_Slime Chieftain

That worked! Thanks so much.

This is a great community.

4. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Optimus_Slime... I am not sure why you are having the crashes but it seems that there is probably a file that is not correct. Could be as simple as a faulty palette or some other faulty setting.
    for starters, would need to check all buildings that are allowed from the Great War Tech.

If you have the save File, where the crash happens, we can take a look at it.

Sorry, the Post from Civinator and your last post were not here as I posted.
    Glad it is corrected.

5. r16

r16 not deity

additional : One problem ı have encountered over the years is unit movement . There comes a moment when all those dozens of different orders apparently clash and the computer fails to decide to move which first . ı save a lot , so go back to where the game still plays and "arrest" every unit . You can't catch them all and it will crash again , but am patient . It might take 20 reloads but ı get them all in the end , and it fixes itself and ı go on playing . Bringing units together and moving them as bigger bigger stacks might help , by decreasing the number of movement orders .