SCENARIO: World War II

mdelprete

Chieftain
I've just uploaded version 1.01 of my World War II scenario. Please note that this is the raw BIC file, not a saved game, so you can choose your side in the editor.

New in this version:

* Added the following cities: Vladivostok, Irkutsk, Lanchow, and Ansi
* Added the beginnings of the trans-siberian railway
* Reduced production in certain allied cities
* Changed city name "Narvie" to "Narvik"
* Increased production in Chelyabinsk
* Added oil resources in Romania and Caucasus
* Rebalanced units in Southeast Asia theatre
* Removed the Airport improvement due to problems with the airlift feature
* Added more airplanes in Western Europe
* Added more tanks to Eastern Europe

Here is the game map:

And here is a screenshot of the Eastern Front:

As always, please e-mail me or post any comments. I would be interested in working with anyone to improve the scenario. Thanks for your support!

Mike
mike@gamescope.net

Attachments

• worldwarii.zip
    75.7 KB · Views: 14,513
I have a quick question for everyone. Right now the scenario is supplied as a saved game. This allows me to do a few things to the game, such as declaring war (which is useful), trading maps, setting production, and fortifying units. All of those things make for a LONG first turn, which can cripple the accessibility of the scenario to those with little patience.

Would you rather have a saved game or the actual scenario file? The latter would be easier on me, and it would allow for you to play as either side. The downside, of course, is that the first turn may be a bit boring. I'd like to do both, but for the sake of time, I thought I would ask.

I made my Civil War scenario as a .BIC download only... it takes a while to set up, but I think it's better that way (especially since you can choose your civ).

Trip is right, scenario is much better even if it takes a tiny bit longer.

Well there are only going to be two sides, the Axis and the Allies, so there are only two sides to choose from to begin with, the beginning turn does suck off a made scenario and for a historically correct WW2 campaign it would start in 4000bc off a scenario but I think he can change it with a save game editor to what ever he wants to and also edit other things the game editor "forgot". As much as I love the idea of choosing my game settings before a game these are the problems I ran into trying to make my own scenario. I don't mind the first turn, but starting a WW2 campaign in 4000bc sucks and also declaring war as the allies would suck as well. I like realism but it’s hard to achieve without key editor elements. I can't wait to play it though whichever idea you choose.

Alright, it sounds as if some people would prefer the raw scenario file. No problem, I can do that. I'll also try to release a saved game with it too, so people can just jump right in if they want to.

The 4000BC thing doesn't bother me that much. It's just a number, really. But yes, it would help to have it in the same century :)

Mike

have not really checked this but is nt it possible to import the bic from the savegame?

Anyway sounds like great scenerio looking forward to trying it.

great work!

mdelprete, would you please put up the bic? I think that as long as you have the key cities in their proper locations, I can add on to that, and hopefully, make it(the scenario) better.

BTW, what .bic are you using? Are you using NoS' or Grey Fox's?

Propaganda,

Send me an e-mail at mike@gamescope.net. I can send you the files you want (I'll be uploading the bic in the next day or so for the next version). I'd be interested in working with you on the scenario.

Let me know!

Mike

if this is world war II whay is all the allies one civ???
that just doesnt make sence to me??

Why cant the japs have jet fighters??? i mean wut if the war had worn on and they had invented them?? just a thought.

All of the allies, and axis, are one civ because it would be unplayable any other way. I could set it up with the US, Britain, Russia, Vichy France, and the Commonwealth all as seperate Civs, but they wouldn't be allied. And you could bet even if they were, they wouldn't stay allied in a war against the Axis for very long.

That's just a limitation of the editor at this point. Hopefully it will be changed. But in the mean time, I don't think having Allies and Axis teams detracts from gameplay at all. In fact, I think it streamlines it.

Regarding jet fighters: as long as it wasn't too early in the game, I don't see the problem in it. The Germans had jet fighters in '45, and the longer the war dragged on, the more nations would have had access to them.

Mike

wut if u put all the western allies together and left the russians out?? you could make sure everyone gets war declared by givin the axis large amounts of troops and an extremely high agressiveness........granted that doesnt mean that they wont automatically declare war but it makes it more likely and that way if two are at war with the same person they will ally easier.

oh and ur right bout the jet fighters...hadnt thought bout it though.... they did have em in 45

just a thought

You have missing Wonders Splashes. Crash occurs on Won_Spl_29.

I'm wondering, how come the German forces on the Axis powers have only regular tanks instead of Panzers? The Panzers are the German unique unit, after all.

I'm wondering, how come the German forces on the Axis powers have only regular tanks instead of Panzers? The Panzers are the German unique unit, after all.

i still think the western allies should be separate from Russia.........noone ever based there except the russians.......and noone ever had major opperation there except the Russians

To Jeff:

Excellent question. I gave that issue quite a bit of thought, and my thinking was as follows. While giving the Germans the Panzer UU would make sense, the way the scenario is set up, the Japanese would also get the Panzer. Historically, Japanese tanks weren't very powerful. In fact, they should be weaker than normal tanks.

So, giving both the Germans and Japanese tanks would give them an unfair advantage, especially in the far east. It would be great to split them up, but the diplomacy model in the editor doesn't allow that...yet.

I wasn't able to come up with a fair, balanced UU for each Civ (Axis and Allies). There are plenty of options, but nothing that I could think of that wouldn't unbalance the scenario. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

To Bobby: Granted, you're correct. You could also say that the Germans and Japanese never based themselves in each others territory. The reason for grouping them into Allies and Axis was for gameplay reasons. If it was possible to have two or three different Civs that would stay on the same side of a war for a long time, I'd do it.

If there's interest, I can set up a hsitorical "What If" scenario at the beginning of WWII that has all the major players in it.

Thanks again for the feedback, guys!

Mike

mmmmmmmh....maybe u can put panzers on the beggining of the game in europe, but u cant keep building them......i ma not sure if it would work but is an idae :p

Top Bottom