Scions documentation

c) Just dinged Sorcery, and upgraded Alcinus for 5 gold. Is the upgrade anything more than the 1 str bonus? (doesn't look like it, but I might have missed something).

Channeling II I'd imagine...

What if *hem hem* someone were to go through and adjust them to a more neutral colouration?

Nice. Though the "Foundry" might make a good Thaumaturge's Keep as-is.

Less of the "black and red", more of the "grey and pale green/blue" (in my mind at least - Tarq's view may be different).

Nope.

I'll take a crack at them ASAsoonish.

Channeling II I'd imagine...

... He should

Thanks for the replies...have another quick question.

How do the population caps work?

Just started a new game...

My capital city is at 6, the second city is at 5. Both are capped in size apparently as I can not add new awakened to them.

I've been 'forced' to start a 3rd city to put my last 2 awakened into...or I guess I could just hold on to the awakened for awhile once the cap is raised.

My last game my capital city was a 10, and I had zero issues with raising that.

1) So wondering what the population limit mechanic is, how it works and what affects it? I guess it's not that important, as it's pretty obvious when you can't add to the population of a city...but itwould be nice to know what actually raises the cap.

2) Second question deals with Themoch. I managed to pop Tracking off a graveyard, which popped Themoch. I set him off to auto explore. Few turns later he found a graveyard in Hippus territory, which I popped. A bit after that he found a Barrow, which he could not explore. I thought it was a bug of some sort, but then after getting him away from there, he found a dungeon, which he couldn't explore either.

Is it because he can not attack that he can't explore these?

Whatever the reason, it really messes up the auto explore option...he keeps going back to these again and again as if he could explore them. Shame having him ride in circles in a 2 plot radius for 10 turns until you are forced to lead him away. Even then, he sometimes just rides right back to it.

Edit: just did a bit of searching on the Themoch thing and it's been mentioned before. I didn't find an answer to it though...why can't he explore these things?

How do the population caps work?

1) So wondering what the population limit mechanic is, how it works and what affects it? I guess it's not that important, as it's pretty obvious when you can't add to the population of a city...but itwould be nice to know what actually raises the cap.
Scions can't grow cities over their happy cap - if the citizen you'd be putting into the city would be unhappy, you can't drop it in. To raise it? Get more happiness in that city.

Edit: just did a bit of searching on the Themoch thing and it's been mentioned before. I didn't find an answer to it though...why can't he explore these things?

Most invisible-type units can't explore things.

Most invisible-type units can't explore things.

Thanks for the replies. Happiness eh? Bleh. They're dead, why do they need to be happy? :lol:

Suppose I'll research Calendar. Was planning on ignoring that for a while, but so be it.

I guess Themoch is the first invisible unit I've used. Can't think of another off the top of my head from my 'usual' games (Amurites, Svarts and something else once in awhile).

Well, have to say it's pretty damn annoying lol. Guess I'll drag him back to my lands and let him sit there for a hundred or so turns and hope some of these things get explored and therefore deleted before I send him out again.

Is it possible one of you wonderful modmod...mod modders can write a secondary explore script? I'm assuming as I write this - and I will tab in and hit the worldbuilder to check - that Themoch uses the standard unitai_explore script or whatever it's called...but attaching a secondary script that does the exact same thing but has invisible units ignore the various terrain features they can't explore and move on would be great.

No idea what's involved in writing a new script, or even where they are found. I'm assuming it's a dll change? Which is beyond me, but if its just xml changes, I'll look into it.

I have just recently started playing a game as the Scions in Sephi's Wildmana mod. There are a few things I'm curious about.

1st: Building the Thaumaturge Keep did not gain me any extra mana. Do these appear at later techs perhaps? I do have the Option: Palaces provide more mana enabled, so perhaps it is something specific to Wildmana that is changing things.

2nd: At what point is Melante able to govern a city. I researched Feudalism and gained her as a leader but she does not have the option to govern a city. Does this ability become available only at a certain tech level?

I love love loooooooooove the "In a Bright Land" story. It's right there with the Mammon Cycle stuff.

Question: is there anything pelemoc can do in your *own* cities? Like melante can make a secondary city slightly better?

Oh, and if work has resumed on FF... please, please, please put in some kind of safeguard to prevent Alcinus from enraging the turn after he spawns and staying that way forever. It happens to me every game, and it's made me start picking KoTE LAST just to make sure I can build the dark council. It wouldnt be so bad if he went straight to Barbarian. That's only happened to me once though, the rest of the time he "kills himself rather than turning on our empire". Bah. He's just an utterly useless unit though.

Just a few observations:

With the versions being patched and revised and mods getting mods for their mods, it has become nigh-impossible to find the right advice since the rules keep changing. I'm playing FF .51 and a lot has changed in Patria since whatever version I had before.

By looking at the postings for over a year now, I can denote a certain pattern in how this game is being designed, even if it's on an all volunteer basis and anyone can pitch in, no matter who does the latest mod, the cycle is usually as follows:
Step 1: Game Designer Dude comes out with a new civ, great attributes, awesome combos, promissing storyline, ect...

Step 2: A certain stereotype of the modding community then intervenes, a "Captain Buzzkill" if you may. He's there to put some water in that fine wine Game Designer Dude fermented. He sounds pro gamer, so it's hard to disregard his post. And as luck would have it, Buzzkills follow each others posting like a shool of fishes, so consecutive comments by other Buzzkills only make the illlusion of majority all that better. Game Designer Dude eventually complies, watering down the once cool civ it was.

Step 3: For lack of any interesting civs to play, Game Designer Dude the 2nd has a great idea for a new mod with new civs. Really cool civs with killer combos, great attributes...

I recon that Patria had it too easy way back when...Namely, I didn't like the idea of repeating a game where I end up with 3500 creeping vines breeding like rabbits in my territory. But having my palace start with 1 mana, and get only 1 more with the Thauma Keep is pushing it for a civ that isn't really meant to be spread out like Empire Mollasses. And for some reason, I have yet to get any Reborn from my city razings...what happened to that?

I don't share your experiance.
I am keeping my cities happy and am driving an empire of about 10 cities 20+ people each near the end of the tech tree pushing back hordes of hell and all that playing 1 level above my usual difficulty.

One thing to note is that if you want to get lots or reborn you have to keep all your cities at least 1 person below the happy cap. It seems to have a drastic effect on spawning.

But I agree with you in general.
In a perfect game all races would be FTW IMBA to the breaking point and the only thing balancing them would be the fact that each is so imbalanced in its own right that its a battle of overpowered titans.

Top Bottom