ScoutX, any interest?

mad-bax said:
I have pretty much decided to make a different map for each software version. The C3C games will play from different starts and Civs from the same map.

Above and beyond the call of duty :)

Well, to prevent overcrowding roster 3, you can slot me in on Roster 2.

Just let me know what to download, since I currently have no real mods installed (bandwidth is no concern)

You can find them here at the GOTM site.

You only need these 5 mod files.

from GOTM site said:
If you have not previously recently played and completed a GOTM game, then download the "Gotm21 Total Install" first and then add the Add-On packs for Gotm22, Gotm23, Gotm24 and then add on the Gotm25 game pack that matches your software. You can download the Game Packs from the game pages in the menu at the left hand side of this page. Please pay close attention to matching the game pack versions to the software version that you are playing as this will eliminate 95% of all the errors that have been observed in the past games.

It about 24 megs total for all 5 and they are executable files, just run them in sequence once you download them.

If you have enough hard drive space you can actually keep a Mod & unMod version available on your machine. That is what a lot of the players are doing. Allows you to be active in different versions of games at the same time.

Grunthex: once I have created the map I will let you know what to download. Hopefully it will be a breeze.

Roster A start position

Roster C start position

No clues. I just wanted to start a fight :D

The GOTM based game will be created tomorrow. Because of the mods I will need to do some limited play testing to ensure I don't end up with egg on my face. Therefore I may not be able to release it until Friday.

I will make all the saves available at the same time.

River, coastal & a Cow... that'll do nicely! Thanks MB :)

Ted

The cheque from Roster A is in the post, MB ;)

Hmmm. Doesn't look like we can get a factory going from what we can see there, but I always like to have an early luxury. :D

An Agricultural Civ would turn both starts into a 4 turn Settler Factory :)

Ted

What's up guys,this game is looking great,im excited about getting this thing underway.My preference would be with scoutsout on roster C is that's ok.

If anyone is looking for a little pregame trading exercise we have 2 (1 turn) games to test your trading abilities. We set them up for use in GK-TDG, they were originally posted by Moonsinger & Bremp. Both run as unmodded Civ III. SirPleb & Bamspeedy played originally (results are linked) and Kuningas played our reposting of it. Here's the link if your interested.

Nice starts MB. Now, where are the bogies?

scoutsout said:
@Sesn: Excellent! And thank you!

@Manwaring and/or Grunthex: would you be interested in trying out the GOTM modified Vanilla version?
Hmmm, not really. mostly interested in playing C3C 1.22

I'm available for roster B if there's still space? Vanilla is my only flavour, and zero research sounds like fun.

It looks like m-b has been kind to us with a wet start, giving plenty of opportunity to save our pennies for a little trading. Now, what civ are we going to play? I hope zero research doesn't mean no laboratory work with pointy sticks?

Scout - Amazing the amount of popularity this idea has commanded. :goodjob:
I wouldn't be terribly surprised if you could put together a delta team.

Ted - you're right - hadn't even thought of the AGR trait. I won't bother trying to guess the civ based on the colors....

Merum - Welcome to the forums. :beer:

Wow! I try to play a few turns in the SGOTM, and... well... WOW!

@Mad-Bax: Thanks for the awesome looking starts! Rivers, lakes, a possible inland sea... one might think you've been travelling in my swampy part of the world recently! :hmm: Now...if it won't spoil the game, is that Merlot or Beaujolais Noveau?

@AlanH: Thanks for joining in! You'll be on the vanilla team with Karasu...

@Grunthex: Thanks for rounding out Roster B. You just made my life a little easier... at least, until that save is posted!

@bed_head: You like expansion packs? Man - you need to check the GOTM mods out - expansion packs before there were expansion packs... and units and civs that are only mirrored by the PTW/C3C packs. Seriously - give it some thought. There are few things that can compare with playing along and suddenly seeing something... and saying to oneself "Hey! What the <insert expletive> was THAT?!?!?!" But Grunthex took the spot in Roster B, so you'll be with me in Roster C.

@Merum: Stick around, somebody might get called away on business and leave a slot open. Was that your first post? Welcome to CivFanatics! :thumbsup:

@Tallanas: "cheque in the post"? You didn't tell me you were from the government... are you "here to help"? :p

@Sesn: A "Team Delta" would be great...know where we could find 3 more strong players? :crazyeye:

@Mistfit: No need to back out. We'll simply have an extra on Charlie team.

Top Bottom