ScoutX, any interest?

I think there were 100 units mentioned, at 1 gold per turn each.

Roster B get this start.

I am a little nervous, since this has been thrown together.
I want the save for a couple more hours maybe.

Oh wow! Talk about food!

I'm not quite sure what the modded resources are, but I know there's no such thing as a bum resource :thumbsup:

For Everyone in Roster B

If you have not played a recent GOTM then you have to follow all the steps.

If you have played a recent gotm then you only have to follow the steps highlighted in red.
You need to download and install some game packs that add some different
units, resources and civilizations to the game.

You can get the install packs at the following links:

GOTM 21 Full setup:
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/saves/gotm21_v129_full_setup.exe

GOTM22 Add-On Setup:
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/saves/gotm22_v129_add_on_setup.exe

GOTM23 Add-on Setup:
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/saves/gotm23_v129_add_on_setup.exe

GOTM24 Add-On Setup:
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/saves/gotm24_v129_add_on_setup.exe

GOTM 25 Add-On Setup:
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/saves/gotm25_v129_add_on_setup.exe

All you need to do is download these, and then install them in the order
that you download them. The key point is to make sure that when the
installer asks where you want to install to, that you make sure that it
installs to the directory where you installed Civ to in the first place. The directory where civilization3.exe is.

Finally, you will need to download the zip file that is attached to this post. You MUST to this step, even if you have played GOTM recently. It contains an important file that has been different for every GOTM. It MUST be unzipped into the main civilization directory - the one with civilization3.exe in it.
If you do it properly winzip should ask you if you want certain files overwritten (Pediaicons for instance). Just say Yes to all and you're done.

You will also find that when you try to play 'normal' games, the resources
pictures will be all messed-up. This is because the GOTM installs a
different resources picture. Unfortunately, this means that when you want
to play a normal game, you need to swap yuor resources.pcx file.

The GOTM install package actually provides a readme file on how to do this
(its fairly simple), but if you have any problems with either the
installation of these files, changing the resources.pcx files or any error
messages playing the game of the month, then please don't hesitate to e-
mail or send a PM to myself or one of the GOTM staff. :)

The zip file is too big to attach. >>HERE<< is a link instead. My apologies.

Ummm. I don't think you attached the .zip file, m-b.

Beatcha :D

Zip file too big and I didn't wait for it to finish uploading b4 posting. It's fixed now.

Yes it is. It contains the Pediaicons, diplomacy and 'pedia. It also contains some graphics that "commonise" things that have been different in different games - Leaderheads mainly. It will just get everone singing off the same hymn sheet. I have also included the original text files so that if you forget to back them up, or screw up in some more imaginative way ;) then you will be able to recover.

For those unfamiliar with the GotM resource additions, here is a handy reference chart.

Ted

@Mad-Bax: Thank you for everything you have done for us.

I love thos hillside olive trees... dang I wish I was on the Bravo roster... all those nifty interesting units and nifty looking **spoiler censor **.... You guys on Roster B who haven't played a vanilla GOTM are in for a treat!

Sombody please whack a Pictish warrior, and tell 'em it was from me. :D

Thanks MB :goodjob:

I wish you were playing too. I'm sure you'll be looking over our shoulders and sniggering as we miss all the little suprises you've so cleverly set up for us :)

One small point, could you post the map specs & number of opponents etc for the saves? Or are you going to keep us in the dark? :D

Ted

OK Map specs :D

C3C is 140(x) X 100(y) and falls between standard and large. You have plenty of opponents on an islands map. You may find regionally intense barbarian activity, as cracker used to say.

Vanilla is 130X130 (Large). Its an islands map, with regionally intense barbarian activity. Some Civs may have been given the odd extra unit here and there.

Both maps are wet and warm, 4 billion years old with raging barbs.

Oh how I shall enjoy this.... :)

EDIT: You can find out who you are playing as now of course. I think the C3C guys may be a little envious.

Cheers mate :beer:

Ted

No, and we're feeling a bit neglected because of it.....

EDIT: WTF is "regionally intense barbarian activity"? Does that translate to a regular level, like roaming or raging? Or is that little discovery more of the fun?

Tallanas said:
Oh wow! Talk about food!

You're on an island, and you can't research anything, and it's emperor level, and I've given extra units to some of the civs.... Just pause for thought...

Top Bottom