[GS] Screen freezes/stutters when you select idle builders in late game

I tried the original UnitPanel.lua code fix by @Deliverator and it eliminated the lag BUT it removed builder improvement options from the UI. I could move builders but there were no icons for build farm, mine, etc, rendering them useless.

Huh. That definitely wasn't happening the latest time I tried it. Anyway, there is a slim possibility that the September 2019 patch will actually resolve this.

Anyway, there is a slim possibility that the September 2019 patch will actually resolve this.
This is hopeful and refreshing to hear!
Do you use Concise UI? I love that mod, but I think it's the culprit for a couple of incompatibilities, in this case, removing the icons after I edit the core lua. Of course, I added a few other mods, but they're mostly Civs.

This is hopeful and refreshing to hear!

Well I have no evidence to support that view, but they did try to improve the situation with the June patch and the September patch apparently will include further fixes so you never know!

Do you use Concise UI? I love that mod, but I think it's the culprit for a couple of incompatibilities, in this case, removing the icons after I edit the core lua. Of course, I added a few other mods, but they're mostly Civs.

No I haven't used it. I avoid UI Lua wherever possible because of compatibility issues.

Hi! Is anyone having the late-game lag after the September update? I used the fix Deliverator posted pre-update and it worked like a dream, but now it's lagging all over the place again. Should I try to reuse the old fix? Something else? Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi! Is anyone having the late-game lag after the September update? I used the fix Deliverator posted pre-update and it worked like a dream, but now it's lagging all over the place again. Should I try to reuse the old fix? Something else? Thanks for any help you can give.
If you fixed the local Lua file it will have been over-written by the update so you’ll need to re-apply the change.

If you fixed the local Lua file it will have been over-written by the update so you’ll need to re-apply the change.

Thank you! I was hoping it would be that simple a change, but I didn't want to go diving into the lua without asking first.

This was a deeper issue exposed by some of the mods that were generous with adding new requirements, etc. The team has some optimizations almost ready that should kill it. Not in time for the current release unfortunately, but know that it's addressed for the future.

i supposed this fix still hasn’t made it in or the fix doesn’t completely fix the problem ? I am still experiencing the same lag with mods that potentially changes rule set, like civtas expanded city states where a lot of city states provide new improvements . Looking at the code of unitPanel.lua it seems like the same inefficiency is still there.

Should the result of canStartOperation be cached and only be changed on major events like new tech , new civic , gain/lose suzerainty, and potentially religion change/enhancement, gain/loss wonders ?

i supposed this fix still hasn’t made it in or the fix doesn’t completely fix the problem ? I am still experiencing the same lag with mods that potentially changes rule set, like civtas expanded city states where a lot of city states provide new improvements . Looking at the code of unitPanel.lua it seems like the same inefficiency is still there.

Agreed, whatever was done didn't really fix this.

Should the result of canStartOperation be cached and only be changed on major events like new tech , new civic , gain/lose suzerainty, and potentially religion change/enhancement, gain/loss wonders ?

It definitely feels like some sensible caching is required. Recreating every Requirement and RequirementSet each time I select a Builder is crazy.

This has been driving me mad for the last week or two, getting worse as I expand on an enormous map. Finally my google-fu came through, I was searching for disable builder suggestions, tested disabling more lenses, etc. In any case, I had to change line 544 (all DLC + NFP). Thanks for finding the fix guys.

This has been driving me mad for the last week or two, getting worse as I expand on an enormous map. Finally my google-fu came through, I was searching for disable builder suggestions, tested disabling more lenses, etc. In any case, I had to change line 544 (all DLC + NFP). Thanks for finding the fix guys.

You can use this mod that enables/disables the fix with a hotkey:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2040092722

Top Bottom