Screenshot analysis!

Why the borders on those screens looks so blocky? I want it to look like in Civ 5.

Someone made a point to point out that pre-release Civ 5 also had blocky boreders.

Hopefully, they can fix it.

Also, I can see two lines in two different colors. Yellow purple, red white. Why is that?

Hopefully, they can fix it.

Also, I can see two lines in two different colors. Yellow purple, red white. Why is that?

Well, if the dev think it need to be fixed... :rolleyes:

About two lines. Civilizations in Civ5 is too many to be clearly color-coded like Civ 4 and earlier game.

At least it's not the horrid hex-aligned borders we saw in BE.

I just hope these are pre-alpha shots that will be improved.

Cheers for the Civ4 version, I edited my original post for the sake of clarity and added it!
I haven't played Civ4 since G&K came out and I must say I'm quite impressed by how good the graphics look compared to 5 and 6 (given the times it was released).

Here's one of the first screenshot when Civ V was announced, just for curiosity :)

Spoiler :

Now let's hope Firaxis throws us more screenshots to speculate on this week!

Apparently the Great Lighthouse still gives you a free lighthouse, as the Egyptians seem to use the small one instead of the tall one. Maybe the Great Lighthouse could, you know, function as a lighthouse. It is kind of blocking the light from the smaller one anyway.

Apparently the Great Lighthouse still gives you a free lighthouse, as the Egyptians seem to use the small one instead of the tall one. Maybe the Great Lighthouse could, you know, function as a lighthouse. It is kind of blocking the light from the smaller one anyway.

I don't think so. The Lighthouse requires Harbor district to be built. Either Great Lighthouse requires one as well (which is unlikely since it's built on separate tile) or it's possible to have Great Lighthouse without a Harbor district.

Hmm i wonder how that oversized graphics ( unless the view is really zoomed in ) will affect the maps. One thing i always disliked with the civ series is the small maps concidering how large the cities are. For example, London taking up half of the british isles. I want larger maps but somehow i feel if things are heading in the same direction as CiV the maps might end up beeing smaller :-/

Hmm i wonder how that oversized graphics ( unless the view is really zoomed in ) will affect the maps.
It IS really zoomed in. They say cities will still have 36 hexes (i.e. 3 rings) exactly like in Civ5, so that gives you a scale to which this is zoomed in. In these screenshots, we see not much more than 6 hexes width and a few more hexes deep.

Link doesn't work.

Top Bottom