1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot analysis!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Camikaze, May 11, 2016.

1. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

:mischief: That seems like the weirdest jump to conclusions. That video (E3) has literally been the most manipulated video, with Pastures walls on mountains and other tile improvements.

I would hold any "evidence" until we see ACTUAL long-term gameplay footage.

The E3 demo really should be taken with a grain of salt to its intricate details.

2. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

In one video. One video where entire civilizations pop up out of nowhere too. The e3 video isn't an accurate depiction of a great many things.

3. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

Was it just the one? Must have seen it too many times, lol :crazyeye:

Obviously manipulated of course, thought we'd seen it more. Still, it's a very weird thing to include, don't remember ever seeing anything like it in any scripted/manipulated civ 5 or BE videos. I don't see a reason for it except to hint at a possible mechanic.

@themarshmellowbear

What "conclusions" or "evidence" are you referring to? I simply posted a speculation, I think it was pretty clear. Something to pass the time while the forum has been so obsessed over the leaders pic.

4. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Deity

Depends on how it would be implemented. With the need for free space for districts and wonders, the ability to remove a resource from one tile to place in another would be very useful.

5. spfun

spfun King

They want players to make difficult choices on placement of districts/wonders, farms/mines etc... Moving resources around to suit goes against that. For example a choice between connected district or a resource, easy choice if you can just move the resource somewhere else.

6. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Resource moving mechanic looks a bit crazy - it needs some kind of "storage", etc. Permanent resource removal for some one-time bonus looks much more logical and better for gameplay.

7. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Deity

SInce you can't build over luxury and strategic resources there is no choice there. You can build over food resources but I don't see anyone doing this unless there is an alternate way to make lots of food, in which case there isn't a choice to make, you would happily pave over every food resource later in the game.

8. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

I suspect that over time many of the farms will be growing wheat (or have the equivalent food production) representing the transplanting of wheat, along with transplanted cattle and horse pastures. I base this on the Firaxis statement that food production becomes plentiful in the late game.

EDIT: So in the late game, we'll all be eating bread & meat, while fruit & vegetables will be the gourmet (i.e., relatively rare) foods. :(

9. stiiknafuulia

stiiknafuulia King

Balanced or not, I want to harvest my enemies' resources and see them starving to death... :D I hope it's moddable if it's not in the game.

As for 'chopping' food resources for a one-time benefit, wouldn't that be a bad proposition under most circumstances? I suppose it depends on the yield of the 'swish' (I hope I just coined a new Civ term :mischief:)... Perhaps it's different for different resources, terrains, or even civs? And ofc it could rise with a tech or two, leading to some more interesting decisions. Psychologically it's somehow a harrowing thought to lose a permanent benefit for a one-time bonus, though -- especially when it concerns food (virtual or not ;)). Must be my monkey-brains talking. :p

10. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Depends on what the bonus is, but it may just be a way to get some benefit out of a food resource in a tile you want to put a district on.

11. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Being able to move food would be pretty cool.

And is one of ways to combat a poor food start, you can go out in the world and gather the seeds and bring them into your civilization and grow food.

Or start a war against hated Civilization and take their harvest and watch them starve.

12. Montov

Montov King

That seems logical, but how does the trading of resources with other civs fit into all of it? Do you need to harvest it to be able to trade it? What is the advantage of trading it?

13. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I don't think it has anything to do with trading resources. Building the appropriate improvement on a resource tile gives you access to the resource; if it's tradeable, that should be all that is required. We don't know exactly what the "harvest" button does, but the logical guess is that it removes a crop resource from the map. What benefit there might be to doing this is unknown; my guess is that it gives a lump sum of food, similar to how chopping down a forest gives a lump sum of production.

14. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

Also, remember that builders are not unlimited. It could very well be a way of converting hammers (builder charges) into food.

15. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

What is this?

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

16. Magil

Magil Monarch

Spearmen and archers?

17. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Probably. But doesn't look like the Spearmen and archers we have seen before.

18. Magil

Magil Monarch

The archers look pretty similar to this image.

We know units have ethnic variations, which could account for the spearmen looking different.

19. cakes

cakes Prince

doesn't show who has been encountered at that point in the video. the shield design could be something

or maybe they're barbs

20. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Looks like a symbol of Forn Siðr/Heathenry IMO.
    Spoiler :