Screenshot analysis!

Question for the analysts; have we yet seen a Sphinx that hasn't been built on a desert tile?

Purple flowers could be Saffron, but they look more like small trees.
Saffron seems the most likely to me.

If it's a natural wonder and not just a single tile mountain range, it looks like it could be the Matterhorn.
It looks like Everest seen from a different angle than before. The Matterhorn has a very distinctive profile on account of being a solitary peak; that mountain has the sloped shoulder like Everest.

My bet Sphinx can only be built on desert or floodplains.

They probably would have mentioned it in the video???? I mean, it's not impossible, but considering all the improvement/district balancing acts already, it seems unlikely.

maybe Egypt has a desert start bias???

edit: Obviously all speculation, LOL.

Question for the analysts; have we yet seen a Sphinx that hasn't been built on a desert tile?

In the First Look: Art Video

The sphinx in the Fog of War is not on a desert tile.

Spoiler :

There isn't anything terribly interesting about it. It's just a team recolor.

Spoiler :

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the 2nd one seems have no helm( one have a different helm ) and their skin and hair color looks like Roman or Germanic.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the 2nd one seems have no helm( one have a different helm ) and their skin and hair color looks like Roman or Germanic.
They are wearing helmets that look pretty much the same as the standard spearman. The colors are different (which is great!) but the models are the same.
Spoiler :

I'd guess from previous videos that the guys on the right are barbarians, but there's no way of telling. Things are changing from build to build.

Yea. As others have said, I too am not impressed with the graphics. Every new version should get better, not worse.
The grass is too much of a bland green. The trees look like they are all Christmas trees. The mountains look far better in Civ5 than Civ 6.
What's going on here?
They went too all that effort to make great graphics for Civ5 only to chuck it out in the trash?

In one of the videos I watch, I forget which one, they mentioned that they do spend time reading the forums, more than we would think. If that's true, they would have seen some of the amazing work the modders have done on this site.
I think they need to try out more of the mods from Civ4-5. 4's been around long enough for the mods to be perfected fairly well.
Please take a another look at them.
I remember the first time I saw the Blue Marble graphics or a Realism Invictus unit throw javelins. Nice.
In RI, America has the P51 Mustang replacing their fighter and the Marine as their UU.

Yea. As others have said, I too am not impressed with the graphics. Every new version should get better, not worse.
The grass is too much of a bland green. The trees look like they are all Christmas trees. The mountains look far better in Civ5 than Civ 6.
What's going on here?
They went too all that effort to make great graphics for Civ5 only to chuck it out in the trash?

I guess that is how different perceptions can be... I think it is a massive improvement over CiV, especially with all the details clearly visible particularly in the cities.

I hated how buildings and wonders just jumped around once the cities grew in CiV.

I guess that is how different perceptions can be... I think it is a massive improvement over CiV, especially with all the details clearly visible particularly in the cities.

I hated how buildings and wonders just jumped around once the cities grew in CiV.

The wonders actually taking up a tile is a wonderful new aspect of Civ6 and something I look forward too also.
The city buildings sprawling onto the other tiles is another good choice. It forces us to not just sit in our cities and defend. We have to go out and defeat that pillager or he'll wreck our infrastructure.
The bonus research points towards a tech because we are on a coast or discover stone is a great new addition as well.

I play Civ4 RI almost exclusively for the past year, so I am used to seeing scrub weeds and cactus on my desert tiles, not a plain tan space. That's boring and unrealistic.
The terrain should show character. Show us grass and bushes. Show us swamp tiles missing from BTS Civ4. Show us aircraft with real names taken from history.
Increase the number of resources. There are over 30 added to RI, even more to C2C.
Start at an earlier time, like 10,000 BC.
Add negative traits, such as Anti-Clerical, Excessive or Megalomaniac.
If one is in Slavery, have a random chance that the slave revolt and appear on the map as units that you must fight or they will pillage your farms and other improvements.
Vary religions enough to inspire us to want to chose one path over another based on the varied map's resources every game (Judaism and Islam not liking Pigs for example, Hindu gaining +1Happy from cow instead of health)

Sorry for the rant. I am just not impressed with the way Civilization Series has been going down hill with regards to it's complexity and realism.
Sure the graphics have come a long way sense Civ1, but don't remove the realism or it falls to the wayside IMHO.

I play Civ4 RI almost exclusively for the past year, so I am used to seeing scrub weeds and cactus on my desert tiles, not a plain tan space. That's boring and unrealistic.

Not every desert has much in the way of vegetation though, do they? Some parts of some deserts can be very empty.

Has anyone else noticed that there is a lack of Team colours to differentiate units now? In Civ V they relied on clothing tied to the background colour of the civ in question. This time it looks like they're relying on cultural diversity instead.

I have to ask though.....

Porque no los dos?

Has anyone else noticed that there is a lack of Team colours to differentiate units now?

Porque no los dos?

Screenshots do show some colour variations for the same units. Check Arioch's website and look at the Musketman, Pikeman and Knight, for example. (Link)

That colour variation can be either attributed to team colours or to unit design being changed due to the ongoing development of the game.

I think the Chinese UU being yellow (rather than green) might be evidence enough to claim team colours are out in Civ VI. This is a puzzling decision... maybe the system didn't work as well with the new district-colour system? :think:

Top Bottom