Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the one map, there are also some paper bag hats with faces on them and an actual hat you get to keep afterwards if you dominate a player wearing it.

The map is quite well done, although iirc it was originally a fan made map.

EDIT: Pic from today, the CnB FastSpawn server is running the map for another 10+ hours.

Spoiler :

Also pics from Saints Row 2.

Spoiler :

THE BEST 2d game ever:

Soldat.
google it for download it's free and around 15mb

Automatically resized in Paint, but it can go fullscreen and it looks better.

NECKSHOT! :lol:

My city in CitiesXL.

Attachments

• cxl_screenshot_logan_0.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_logan_0.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 86
  • cxl_screenshot_logan_1.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_logan_1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 99
Did you (or perhaps it's a requirement) sign up for the online part of CitiesXL? All I've read about CitiesXL is that people are upset about having to pay money to play online. What do you think of the game?

I just started playing Dragon Age yesterday. So far (approx 3 hours in) it appears to be a great game and runs well on my PC. I wiill hopefully post back with a more detailed review this weekend.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I just started playing Dragon Age yesterday. So far (approx 3 hours in) it appears to be a great game and runs well on my PC. I wiill hopefully post back with a more detailed review this weekend.

What origin are you? mage?

Have you been able to get the DLC codes to work? lots of people are complaining about them not working and the bioware social site being screwy.

Did you (or perhaps it's a requirement) sign up for the online part of CitiesXL? All I've read about CitiesXL is that people are upset about having to pay money to play online. What do you think of the game?

Never paid to play online. It is not a requirement, but many of the tools, such as bus systems, trains etc... will be given to you if you pay for the online play.

Which I assume makes people upset.

What origin are you? mage?

Have you been able to get the DLC codes to work? lots of people are complaining about them not working and the bioware social site being screwy.

Yup, I'm playing an Elf mage.

I had all my Pre-order items when I started. All I did was plug my Steam pre-order key into the Bioware social site accessed by the in-game DLC screen. The social site however, has been a bit slow in updating in game info, so it's quite possible some people have not yet received thier items or DLC quests. They will I sure soon get the DLC (The game has only been officially been released a day) they just have to have a little patience. So to them I say, "keep crying babies."

I've been interested in Dragon Age, although I'm busy with Borderlands right now.

I was wondering how linear Dragon Age is.

So far approx 4 hrs in it's fairly linear, and I don't see it becoming a sandbox all of a sudden. IMO linear does not a bad game make. Half life 2 for example was as linear as you can get, but was one of my all time favorites.

I don't mind some level of linearity... But I just... I don't know. I loved Mass Effect. Then I tried for a second playthrough and could not get myself to do it, despite trying the different route. It was still the same thing I was doing. So yeah, Mass Effect 9/10 on first playthrough. Then it gather dusts forever. Same thing happened with The Witcher for me, to a lesser extent maybe.

In a way, the older brothers of Dragon Age (like Baldur's Gate) had a mandatory story you had to follow but there was a lot of random loot and things to explore. It didn't feel as "channelled" as The Witcher with its big bulky "branching".

So yeah, I really liked the Witcher, Mass Effect, Half Life 2. But I just don't see any of these games being worth more than 20$ because they're like a good interactive movie more than they're like a traditional kind of game for me.

Left 4 Dead 2 demo again.

It's very similar to Left 4 Dead 1, with afew refinements and additions such as an enhanced / dynamic gore system that allows for severed limbs, and melee weapons which are pretty fun (inc. guitar which is quite humourous). The new weapons are nice, especially a new scoped weapon (G3 I think) that has a thirty-round capacity unlike the old sniper rifle in the first game that only held eight bullets or something like that. Also good are the defibrillators which you can find and use to revive dead players - very nice as it can cut down the ammount of time that dead players are out of the action.

I just started playing Dragon Age yesterday. So far (approx 3 hours in) it appears to be a great game and runs well on my PC.

Your PC: what specs? I heard that it requires dual core as well as some other hefty stuff.

Your PC: what specs? I heard that it requires dual core as well as some other hefty stuff.

It's running acceptably on high settings and 4x AA on my middle of the road PC. PC specs are: AMD X2 4200+ running at @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, and an Nvidia 250 GTS 512 MB.

They did revise the specs as well; it doesn't require a dual core for minimum specs any more. I'm sure one could get by with an old higher end single core.

It's running acceptably on high settings and 4x AA on my middle of the road PC. PC specs are: AMD X2 4200+ running at @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, and an Nvidia 250 GTS 512 MB.

They did revise the specs as well; it doesn't require a dual core for minimum specs any more. I'm sure one could get by with an old higher end single core.

Thanks. My RAM, processor speed and graphics card should be fine, but I'm sceptical about whether I could get away with it with my single core (can't remember the specs now, will check tonight).

You'll have to let us know in a few days if you still think the game is worth it! The review I read was very positive after 80 hours of play, which seems promising to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom