Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been flying around in my flying machine in Minecraft! Also made a little cabin in the taiga biome.

Snow in shrublands? Only possible with the Seasons Mod (Currently Winter).

@civgeneral, is the hot air balloon from a mod, or is it in the standard game?? I've bought the full version but haven't played properly in ages. Looks like I have a lot to catch up on...

I've never played a game where you can actually see in the tank like that, looks very cool.

That is why only the T34 and Panzer IV are in the game for now (more will be added later), it took them two months to do each tank. Its not just the accurate detail of the insides either, when you change position it animates you crawling through it (although getting into the turret is still a little glitchy, but that should be fixed before release), as well as realistic armour and penetration. Shooting and having your shot reflect off the enemy tank instead of killing it can be very fatal.

EDIT: I found out what the broken acorn symbol for my kill in my 3rd screenshot in my post at the top of the page is for, groin shot.

If you die in the tank you take over one of any remaining AI crewmen.

@civgeneral, is the hot air balloon from a mod, or is it in the standard game?? I've bought the full version but haven't played properly in ages. Looks like I have a lot to catch up on...

It's a mod. I found it in the Painterly Pack site in their Amazopack. I just got the stand alone of the Bee Keeper, Seasons, the Peaceful Pack, and the Airship Mod. I tend to get mods that enhance single player as well as having compatibility with the Painterly Pack.

I'm trying my hand at getting the water shader mod to work (It's a graphical enhancement to make water reflective)

I've been working on a HUGE region, "Pancharis," with a theme for each of the sections. Smack dab in the middle is Pancharis City, the capital. The western regions, the Land of Gales, is filled with mountains and hills. The southern regions, the Land of Flames, is filled with the remains of meteor strikes and eruptions. The eastern regions, the Land of Tides, is filled with rivers, lakes, and vast oceans. Finally, the northern region, the Land of Plains, is completely flat.

The West prides military prowess and hard labor. The South is a land of contrast, where the invigoration of life is as valued as the solemness of death. The East has a strong belief in merchant pursuits, but also compassion for one's fellow man. Finally, the North favors intellectual pursuits and using reason and planning in any situation.

It is the North that I will show.

Cities in the North are frequently named for scientists or industrialists, individuals who maximised the Earth's potential. Here, we can see the northern industrial center of Carnegie, and its southern neighbor, residential Asperger. While the north racks up huge profits due to a lack of services apart from fire, the south tends to be a budget balancer, creating just enough to get by, while also providing a wealth of security, education, and healthcare services to its people.

You may say that the cities are heavily grid-based. That is the point - the technocratic north despises randomness and inefficiency, and so has built a massive set of avenues; roads are not worth the investment for their grand ambitions.

With an educational base having formed, it is readily apparent that the Sons of the Tortoise are ready to take their place as Pancharis' intellectual elite. 46.5 citizens live in Asperger, which has begun to develop high-rises in the South. Yet, traffic issues are non-existent thanks to a robust subway system, and heavy duty roads!

Now of course, the golden question - where will the Land of Plains go next? Will a massive metropolis sprout in the center of the North, or will Asperger continue to steal the show, until it easily reaches half a million people? (Possible according to my estimates) There's a raging demand of high-tech industries, but that can wait until later...

The region as a whole is 52 x 52. That would be 13 large cities if they were laid from end to end.

This post is brought to you by the 1755, your Mount and Blade: Warband portal to the Twilight Zone.

Spoiler :
This horse is kind of.... strange, don't you think?

Spoiler :
I'm in a city in the modern-day Louisiana area. It's name, Pirate Town. Going off of that, I think you can figure out the model ship.

Spoiler :
Another look at the pirate ship model. Did I get my good side? But wait!

Spoiler :
It's a portal to an opposite reality, and I'm a pirate! :eek:

Spoiler :

I've heard of "light" food, but this is ridiculous! :shake:

Spoiler :
A narration by Rod Serling: "Witness an ordinary soldier in an ordinary town in an ordinary British colony. It may seem like a normal town to this soldier, but what he doesn't realize is that...."

Spoiler :
"....this town is inside the borders of the Twilight Zone."

Spoiler :
I bet the Swamp Fox would have paid a pretty penny to get his hands on this armor.

Must. Get. Mod.
If you're referring to the screenshots I took of 1755, linky linky.

Not exactly a screenshot but there is no game animations thread around :)

This is my work on my first ever civ3 unit...

It is a jousting center/ knights recruitment tent
By "unit", does that mean the tent can attack and defend?

And now for Blood and Steel:
Spoiler :

(that's 209 men defeated by my ragtag band. I used a gun and a sword, barb character.)
That can be quite fun for a while. But eventually, I left B&S because it was starting to become boring when I could kill over 10 troops in one gun shot. But I still go back to it every once in while for a bit of fun.

This post is brought to you by 1755, the Invisible Man movie of Mount and Blade: Warband.

Spoiler :
The beginning of the Headless Horseman, or a scalping gone wrong? You decide!

Spoiler :
The Bodiless Horseman!

Spoiler :
All I need are some invisible boots, and I'll be in stealth mode. But in the mean time, what shall we start the bidding price on? :groucho:

Spoiler :

This is in addition to the invisible armor.

Spoiler :
"Hey, bro, what's shakin', besides you while you're quaking in your boots?"

Skirmish off the Cashtown Pike:

This scenario began with both sides having one brigade each, and three objectives up for grabs. I decided to march through the woods and deploy in a way to take Herr Tavern and Herr House together. By a stroke of luck, when my Federal army met the rebs, my concentration of forces scared them off: they broke almost immediately, and some disappeared behind my lines.

Our reinforcements showed up presently. I hadn't spotted the rebel newcomers when my own men arrived, so I made the mistake of ordering the second brigade, commanded by Ward, to leave the Pike and advanced through the woods to take up a position on my left. My plan was to take Herr Ridge, and then move Ward to wherever was most appropriate to outflank the rebels. I didn't count on the rebels arriving with two quite potent batteries of artillery, nor was I prepared for the speed with which their new troops would arrive.

The position of my original troops (Graham's brigade) was further compromised by my decision to counter the superior enemy artillery strength by having one regiment engage the battery directly. Since I get three points for every rebel artilleryman killed, I could run the score up in my favor. Unfortunately, this left my first brigade open to a Pac-man envelopment....but the rebels were slow to take advantage of it.

Meanwhile, a regiment of troops had been diverted from Ward to compromise Herr's Ridge. While a regiment-on-regiment battle can go either way, I knew my men could eventually take it: I ordered them to move through the woods, then up the hill behind the rebels. They would be fighting from superior elevation, and that would give them the eventual advantage.

By the time the rebels moved to take advantage of the weakened Graham, he had been joined by Ward -- and I used my new strength in numbers to move troops to the north and then west, where they would hammer the rebel's left flank. Meanwhile, a slight problem emerged: one of those routed rebel regiments from the beginning of the skirmish had recovered, and since the battle had drifted west I was distant enough from the objectives that the enemy regiment could -- and would -- sneak over and "take" the house. I decided to destroy the enemy brigade first, then swat the revived rebels like the pesky but impotent flies they were.

My northern manuever worked splendidly: while Graham's men kept the rebels engaged, Ward rumbled southward down their flanks, turning their lines into mincemeat. After it was clear that their brigade was destroyed, I issued three orders: one regiment went north in a skirmish line to take out the newly-revived rebel battery; two went to the stream's edge to route a regiment on the verge of collapse, drive off an artillery battery, and engage and route a second rebel regiment; and the rest of my force moved south to finish off the last enemy regiment in the woods and retake the house. Since my men on Herr's ridge were slowly pushing their own enemy off the hill, I was minutes away from complete and total victory.

...aw. :( It didn't give me a time warning or anything, just abruptly ended. Still Decisive, though, so perhaps the game decided the scenario was unwinnable from the enemy perspective and mercifully ended it for them.

What game is this? Looks kind of like Sid Meier's Antietam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom