• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Scytale's standard Warhammer map

The map is:

• Very good

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Good

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Outstandig

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Below averege

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:bump: Sorry about the bump, just wondering if you're gonna update this most excellent map.

Looks good, Gaias. Too bad you made it so big.

P.S.Y.C.H.O. said:
:bump: Sorry about the bump, just wondering if you're gonna update this most excellent map.

Sorry for not answering PSYCHO. I didn't think anyone would still be interested in this map anylonger, now that so many new and larger maps have appeared.
The truth is that I had it updated and ready for upload months before Mr. Do realeased the patch for the WH mod and then my entire hard drive was ereased. I don't know the exact cause...it may soud stupid but I think it was lightning. Suffice it to say I was very dissapointed because I invested a lot in this map and I never thought to try and update it again.
However, after seeing that at least one person is interested in this, I will give it another try.

Thank you for the support :) !

P.S.Y.C.H.O. said:
Looks good, Gaias. Too bad you made it so big.

Yeah I know its too damn big, was trying to go for too much detail. I manage to reduce the size though to 196x124 using Gramphos Image2map program that comes along with C3 Mod Tool. Sorry abour hijacking your thread Scytale, just didn't think my map is finished enough to post here yet. That and the progress is going slowly with between playing Civ4 and Rhye's goal based challenge.

Anyways I put my vote in for seeing this map updated. Would like to play WH2 mod on a custome world map, and I don't think I have time to complete my own. :p

Gaias your map is very good. I would love to play on such a detailed map. Unfortunately I wouldn't know what to do with so much space and it would take too much time to finish playing. That's why I created my map - short turns and you can actually conquer the whole world :).

I have started working on the update. I finished Albion and Uthulan and I'm starting remaking the Old World...this will be the toughest.

@Scytale: Thank you for giving it another try! :)
@Gaias: 196x124 is pretty playable.

Yeah the map is quite more playable, but I have been busy playing Civ4 to give it no more than a cursory glance one and awhile. I had been adding basic detail here and their, though the terrain is still too solid to be playable, ie. too much grassland and other terrain types are not broken up enough.

Here is a pic of what I DO have done... though it is not much. :sad:

View attachment 102590
Map size: 194x122

How's it going with the update, Scytale?
@Gaias: Keep going, it's looking good.

Tradgardssmurfen said:
How's it going with the update, Scytale?
@Gaias: Keep going, it's looking good.

The map is 1/2 complete. I had a summer full of exams, plus Civ 4 appeared and the progress was zero. The good news is that I miss Civ 3 and that Civ 4 is limited for now...so I'll resume my work on this map starting this weekend.

Stormrage said:
Dude, it has orcs and elves, its not set in our past nor our future time :crazyeye: :)
So does Middle-earth, but it's still our planet. :p
I assumed that was the case, but then how do they explain the presence of other races in WH40K? We had "Orks", then they disappeared, but they're coming back in 40,000 years? :crazyeye:

Great news, Scytale! :D I almost thought you'd given up on it.

Top Bottom