1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[SDK] Dale's Combat Mod!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Dale, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Exel

Exel Prince

Yes, when you are using CASA. But I'd like archers to have first strike even when using the classical Civ combat system.

2. PibbZ

PibbZ Paladin

Will this mod work with Warlords 2.08 anytime soon? At least i couldnt load it in 2.08 but it worked fine in the unpatched version of Warlords.

3. Exel

Exel Prince

The standalone ranged artillery mod component works in 2.08... I hope Dale will manage to get the rest working with the patch soon too. :)

4. PibbZ

PibbZ Paladin

Ooooh, thats really all i want ;) Where can i find that mod?

5. Dale

Dale Deity

6. PibbZ

PibbZ Paladin

Thanks!

Hot mama Dale! You seem to be making mods based on my personal interests. I missed the bombard feature, i missed paratroopers, cruise missiles and tactical nukes, AND you made a colombus scenario which gives me back the Colonization feeling! Now if you can give me back the AEGIS Cruiser aswell ill pop a bottle of champagne as a lil' tribute:lol:

7. Exel

Exel Prince

What he said. I've been *****ing about all of the above since the day I got Civ4, eventually got frustrated and quit playing and when I come back to check Civfanatics after a few months there's a mod by some Dale guy that does all the stuff I've been missing in the game. :eek:

Like I said before, the only thing I'm still missing is active first strikes for archers and artillery, but that wont keep me from playing now that I have everything else. Yay! :goodjob:

8. lipstickSS

lipstickSS Chieftain

when is this mod out?

9. Dale

Dale Deity

Which mod mate?

10. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

First time I have tried Dale's mod for warlord's. When I select his mod and launch, game begins restart process, goes away and never comes back. Have downloaded mod twice

11. zarakand

zarakand Prince

Do you have 2.08 installed? This mod currently does not work with Warlords 2.08. However, the ranged bombardment part is a separate mod and Dale has made that compatible with 2.08. I'm not sure if that is the only feature you are interested in. If it is scroll up to post 605 for a link to that download.

12. Snake Pliskeen

Snake Pliskeen Warlord

For all modders.

I always appreciated Civ series, but what I really dislike is the combat system of the whole series, while I've always found great the system used in Panzer General series, there's a way to make a mod using this system?
    In PG series, a unit has some combat peculiarities, as strenght, defence, etc., and when fighting, he will never lose all their life points, except some moments. I ask you, because I'm tired, as many here I guess, to lose units with 99.7 % to win only because a random number decides that turn you have to lose. It's hard to lose a well experienced unit because of a random number, at least, with PG combat system, it can be injured but not dead. Is it possible to work on this direction to have a better game?

13. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

Do you have 2.08 installed?

Yes, should have read previous posts more carefully.

14. Brighteye

Brighteye intuitively Bayesian

I like this. Can I ask some questions that might have been answered in the 30 pages between page one and 31?
    Is it possible to turn off ranged bombardment?
    You mentioned choosing formations in a post, but the original post doesn't explain how it works. Could you edit it to explain what the mod contains now?

How about instead of formations both sides secretly choose a tactic, as in an old version of Risk I had, where instead of dice there were a number of cards, with things like echelon, attack right flank and so on on them.

Would it be possible to change the preference for bombarding similar units to bombarding the melee units? That's how things normally work: the poor old infantry cop everything, but without them the rest of the troops get mashed by the opposition's infantry.

15. almeida_cohen

almeida_cohen Chieftain

I have a question and I am sorry if it has already been asked but i couldn't find it in relation to the original vanilla civ 4.

When I select to load the mod the game shuts down to load it but then doesn't reopen, so what I did was changed the writing in the civ 4 notepad thing so that the mod loads with the game but if I want to save it and reopen the save game later it says that it has to load the mod then shuts down and doesn't reopen again like before????

I don't have the patch installed so it is just the normal straight off the cd vanilla game lol...i couldn't install the patch cause that caused my game to crash!!!!

thanx for your help

almeida_cohen

16. Dale

Dale Deity

You must have patch 1.61 to run DCM correctly.

17. Exel

Exel Prince

Can you give us a hint about the progress of the Warlords version update? :drool:

18. Thalioden

Thalioden Chieftain

I'm playing my first game with this mod, and I have some observations/questions. I'm using CivIV 1.61 on a 2.8Ghz P4 with 1G ram and a Radeon 9800. I'm using Windows XP SP2. I am using Blue Marble and SmartMap, but no other mods with DCM. I'm playing Montezuma on a standard map with 6 other civs, and I'm at war with the Spanish. The following situations have taken place in my game, and I'm trying to determine if this is the way the mod is supposed to operate:

1. My stack of 2 warriors and a Jaguar attacked a barbarian archer. The archer was destroyed and my stack advanced to the square the archer previously occupied with one of my units slightly damaged. So far, so good. This is what I expected.

2. Plot being improved by worker which also has two warriors fortified on it. Barbarian warrior attacks plot, killling my worker while my fortified warriors stand by and watch! :eek: Actually, the barbarian warrior was destroyed, but not before killing my worker. Is this supposed to happen?

3. My stack of warrior, jaguar, and archer attacks solitary Spanish archer fortified on forest/hill. My warrior is destroyed, Spanish archer is destroyed, my mangled jaguar advances to the attacked plot, but my uninjured archer remains behind on the attacking plot with 0 moves! :eek: Now my jaguar is defenseless and my uninjured archer cannot be moved to protect him? Is this intentional? Why didn't my archer advance?

4. My stack of Jaguar and archer attack 2 fortified archers in Spanish city with walls. (No, I'm not insane :crazyeye: I was just trying to test DCM.) Again my uninjured archer is left behind on the attacking plot with 0 moves while my Jaguar was destroyed and both Spanish archers survived (only one with injuries). Shouldn't my archer have been destroyed as well?

Is this stuff normal for DCM or is something not working right in my game?

19. pete5887

pete5887 Chieftain

I recently tried to download your modpack and followed the directions listed above. However, when I choose to upload the mod, the game goes to reset, it says it's loading and then just shuts down and fails to load. Since I dwnloaded this mod my sound for the game has been messed up as well. I hear a loud pitched noise constantly in game. Would appreciate any help you could give me.

20. Exel

Exel Prince

You have Warlords 2.08? The mod doesn't (yet) work with that version yet, however the ranged bombardment works as a stand-alone mod component.