[SDK] Dale's Combat Mod!

GraveEatr said:
Dale,
I noticed when I use the Nuclear Cruise Missile, there is no mushroom cloud animation. Is that on purpose?
Also, how difficult would it be to try and code :yuck: into affecting a city that has been hit with a nuclear strike?
Also, did you get my PM?

Nuclear Cruise Missile:confused: its just a cruise missile no nuke in it :lol: thats why theres no mushroom cloud;)

PS, Sent the pm again dale :thumbsup:

boneys26 said:
Nuclear Cruise Missile:confused: its just a cruise missile no nuke in it :lol: thats why theres no mushroom cloud;)

PS, Sent the pm again dale :thumbsup:

No... there's a conventional cruise missile, and a nuclear one as well. There's two.

The nuke cloud missing is due to the nuke animation being linked to an ACTIVITY whilst the nuke missile and MAD depend on combat which utilise MISSIONS. That's why there's no mushroom cloud.

Dale

Dale,

I was working on updating my project to Warlords 2.08, and during the compiling process, I ran into this problem: (see red text)

Code:
Project   : CvGameCoreDLL
Compiler  : Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 (called directly)
Directory : D:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Warlords\CvGameCoreDLL\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: Final Release
CvCityAI.cpp
CvDLLButtonPopup.cpp
CvDLLEntity.cpp
CvDLLPython.cpp
CvDLLWidgetData.cpp
CvDeal.cpp
CvDiploParameters.cpp
CvFractal.cpp
CvGame.cpp
CvGameAI.cpp
CvGameCoreDLL.cpp
CvGameCoreUtils.cpp
CvGameTextMgr.cpp
CvGlobals.cpp
CvHallOfFameInfo.cpp
CvInfoWater.cpp
CvInfos.cpp
CvInitCore.cpp
CvMap.cpp
CvMapGenerator.cpp
CvPlayer.cpp
CvPlayer.cpp(6203) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data
CvPlayerAI.cpp
CvPlot.cpp
CvPlotGroup.cpp
CvPopupInfo.cpp
CvPopupReturn.cpp
CvRandom.cpp
CvReplayInfo.cpp
CvReplayMessage.cpp
CvSelectionGroup.cpp
CvSelectionGroupAI.cpp
CvStructs.cpp
CvTalkingHeadMessage.cpp
CvTeam.cpp
CvTeamAI.cpp
CvUnit.cpp
CvUnit.cpp(4258) : error C2664: 'CvDLLEntityIFaceBase::AddMission' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'CvMissionDefinition' to 'const CvMissionDefinition *'
        No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
[COLOR="Red"]CvUnit.cpp(10970) : error C2664: 'CvDLLEntityIFaceBase::AddMission' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'CvMissionDefinition' to 'const CvMissionDefinition *'
        No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called
CvUnit.cpp(11195) : error C2664: 'CvDLLEntityIFaceBase::AddMission' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'CvBattleDefinition' to 'const CvMissionDefinition *'
CvUnit.cpp(11495) : error C2664: 'CvDLLEntityIFaceBase::AddMission' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'CvMissionDefinition' to 'const CvMissionDefinition *'
CvUnit.cpp(11543) : error C2664: 'CvDLLEntityIFaceBase::AddMission' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'CvAirMissionDefinition' to 'const CvMissionDefinition *'
CvUnit.cpp(11578) : error C2664: 'CvDLLEntityIFaceBase::AddMission' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'CvAirMissionDefinition' to 'const CvMissionDefinition *'
Process terminated with status 1 (8 minutes, 38 seconds)[/COLOR]
6 errors, 1 warnings

All the code the errors are refering to at are the parts that are added at the very end of the CvUnit.cpp file.

Do you know how I could fix this? :confused:

If you need more info, let me know what I can provide.

Dale, is just the Ranged Bombardment component of DCM available as a seperate download?

EDIT: Ahh I see that in Civ4GameOptionInfos.xml I can change this tag from 1 to 0, and still have Ranged Bombardment:

Code:
<GameOptionInfo>
<Type>GAMEOPTION_DCM_STACK</Type>
<Description>DCM Combined Arms Stack Attack</Description>
<Help>Enables DCM CASA for this game.</Help>
<bDefault>0</bDefault>
</GameOptionInfo>

scenarios?

Hi

I found this mod here and I'm enthusiastic about it.

Unfortunately I have noticed that my units will lose all moving points after attacking hostile units. This limited the abilities of ships and mounted units and the promotion "Blitz" is now useless.

If you bombard, collateral damage will be used.
But I don't know too, the strenght of bombardment and whether you can improve bombard strength by promotions.

I note that it is not possible to include a jetplane with ground forces when I hit Alt for a member of a stack. Nor does the plane participate in subsequent action when I attack, although the opponent's jet planes participate and attack my stack. Dale's notes at the beginning suggest the jet plane should be participating, but how? Can anyone comment on this? Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Hello mate! I imagine you have been quite busy since you posted this very expected Mod and maybe a few bored of replying so many questions, but I would like to ask you (or anyone able to help) to clear up a very simple doubt:

Where, in the C++ source files you disposed for Mod makers, should I make changes to improve the bombardment strength against UNITS without modifying the bombardment rate against city defenses?
As the changes can't be done using the .xml files, since it would raise the 'city defenses bombardment' to unreal levels, it seems the modifications should be performed in the main source, but how? Could you help?

I can not get this mod to load. After I launch Civ, and select load Dale's mod it pops back to the desktop. The Warlords loading screen pops up then vanishes. I searched the thread and made sure I had installed the mod correctly, as well as that my custom assets folder was empty. Any suggestions?

Do you use patch 2.08
I think, the mod only works with WL 2.0

Ah! I did not think of that. I am using the patch, and that is most likely the problem. Hopefully, there will be an update that will make this mod compatible with the patch sometime soon. It sounds like a great mod.

I have not gotten a chance to go through all of this, but does this Mod also effect Catapults, Trebs, and Cannons?

Kudos to you Dale, for doing what everyone* expected since day 1 of Civ4. :hatsoff:
* everyone who missed realistic artillery, missile units and naval bombardment of old

I have just one request of you. Could you please mod the ranged bombardment to apply to archers and the like, so that they could make a ranged first strike before other units engage in melee - the way they and artillery worked in CivIII, but preferably could do it on the offensive as well? Please, please, pretty please. :love:

Actually Exel. Though I cannot speak for Dale-obviously-I seem to recall that the way the order of combat is set up, archers and LBM do get to attack first-before melee units. Its all done in a virtual "Tactical Grid" that we cannot see. Hope this helps.

Aussie_Lurker.

Top Bottom