1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Second Leaders: Which Civs Need Them?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by The Kingmaker, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Regardless of the over-Euro nature of Civ VI as it stands, and focusing on gameplay for a bit, I don't think France needs a leader ability buff--Catherine is significantly stronger in Rise and Fall due to the increased combat bonus from having more visibility of one's opponents.

China could be another good candidate for a second leader, I agree--both for gameplay and historical reasons (Chinese history spans almost since the beginning, so they arguably have a lot more grounds for a second leader than most civs).

2. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Chieftain

If we get Carthage then Cato the Elder would be an interesting leader for Rome

3. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

But should "Ceterum autem censeo, Carthaginem esse delendam" be his ability or agenda name?

AnonymousSpeed likes this.
  4. Phrozen

Phrozen Chieftain

China so we can have an option other than onion head is my most wanted now. Egypt also. Djoser whose ability is simply Imhotep.

Krajzen likes this.
  5. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Chieftain

Agenda I think, his ability should be directed towards his prudent taxation policy and infrastructure works

6. Krajzen

Krajzen Warlord

Djoser with an ability "Legacy of Imhotep" - spawns the unique great person "Imhotep" when researching Astrology [or Writing]. He comes with some interesting and overpowered bonus as if he was good great scientist and great engineer combined in one. Afterwards you can choose a bonus to either great engineer or great scientist points when entering every new era.

And you are not the only one who dislikes graphical design of Shi Huangdi :D I'd really love to see some majestic warrior emperor in armor. But anybody would be nice.

Zaarin likes this.
  7. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Or Qin Shi Toad, as I call him. :p

Kimiimaro likes this.
  8. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

He's just the Chinese version of corpulent, grotesque Henry VIII.

Kimiimaro likes this.
  9. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Amanitore, Wilhelmina, and Jayavarman are...generously figured; Qin Shi Toad is just badly modeled. :p

10. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

To be honest, compared to Qin, Wilhelmina and Amanitore, Jayavarman (or Sean Bean's "Taovaraman" :p) isn't that bulky :p

Zaarin likes this.
  11. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Not for mine. He's just a scary Jabba the Hutt type.
    Probably not far off the mark either.