Second Revolution: South America

i agree. no tourism. but i think there are a lot of other important resources of south america that we need to give our attention.

So far, new resources:

Coca Plant
Soy (need graphic)
Natural Gas....?
Amazonian Medicines?

Psychorg is right, there aren't many tourists in this era. But about trading tourism, well that's what is all about: trade. You "sell" a tourist location to another nation... but that's a rather complex discussion, so we may skip on that.

About the new resources, natural gas is fine, it may be used to build a Gas Plant, a cleaner and perhaps more efficient plant? Plus, it would give Bolivia and Venezuela some more power in the region. They SHOULD be the main power when combed together, after all.

Don't know about the amazonian medicines though.

well, pharmaceutical companies believe that there are millions of possible drugs in the amazon, and that they will be able to treat everything from cancer to the cold. the trick is, getting to them before the slash/burn gets to it and destroys it utterly.

I sure know that, just don't know how to use these in the mod...

it would be a health/big money resource.

Medicine: +1 health, plot gets +3 gold (+8 when harvested)

Coca: +2 gold, plot gets +8 gold (+10 gold when harvested)

Natural Gas: ... ... ??? im not sure

Natural gas should be very similar to oil.

The one big advantage of oil over gas is mobility, as you can process oil into mobile fuel and use it for cars, etc. That's why you shouldn't be able to build tanks with gas rather than oil (though the results sure would be fun!).

It's also slightly less efficient than oil cause it's more volatile, so maybe a little less resourceful than oil.

ok, so should i rig some units to have "Oil or Gas" as the resource?
should i make the refinery work with "Gas"?
Should it give a civ some production, as a resource?

1) No. Units are only available through oil or uranium in some cases (subs, etc.). Gas isn't used for vehicle fuel in a large scale.

2) Don't know about that. I have suggested a "gas plant" building which would benefit from gas. Perhaps a city could have both, a refinery and a gas plant.

3)Yes, production bonus are cool.

What you could do is make it similar to coal. Simply put you have a gas power plant rather than a coal plant. Gas plants would produce less unhealthyness than coal.

YAY holidays are over and they werent the worst possible ones i could have had, so im thankful.

Second revolution 2.0 has had a nice amount of DL's over holidays, so i hope everyone had a december of destruction (of the establishment that is ;) )

So, i have been thinking alot about this expansion to second revolution. and now its getting to be time for me to get off my ass and do something bout it.

@Bianezzi

I hope you had a good and safe holiday, and i hope to hear from you, my brotha.

Thanks mate. My holidays were great too. By the way, I've been listening to the 'Second Revolution' music for the whole holidays. My friends all loved it - don't worry, I gave you the credits. Looking forward to that Soulseek exchange thing.

Now, to the work. What is left? How is the map going? Need help with cities?

i have alot to do, what i have done now is second draft on map, and all the national flags done (not custom rebel ones) and i have not tested these flags yet. i have alot of ideas on units/concepts.

i will devote more attention when real life stops kicking my butt with lots of things going on :p

edit: we need to do that soulseek thing soon. i will PM you my email.

They are GREAT, Garrett, congratulations.

Here's a decent map of Argentina:

This may also be interesting:

The idea is to have scattered Brazilian forces in the jungle and unprotected cities. It's impossible to resist the overwhelming Amazonian Front forces. So why not putting the Front in control already? Well, I believe it's more dramatic for the Brazilian player to see the avalanche coming and not being able to mount a resistance (at least not early in the game).

It's an idea.

There are also other maps at Google maps, if you want them.

Top Bottom