Secret Hitler - I - The First [Concluded]

That peek...!
I knew I didn't want to risk someone peeking me, so I had to get control of it...but once I had it, I wasn't sure what to do with it :crazyeye:

Then Stork started talking about how the game was mechanically locked if I peeked a Liberal (because of turn order), so I knew I couldn't allow that. So I had to peek someone Facist (lol @ guessing Zack/Jarrema and being right :sad:).

i think if you made the zack peek thingy more natural you would get away with it more

Solving someone from the first 5 players is the correct Liberal play I think (since they've all played cards). I chose to peek the scummiest one.

Makes sense to me

Thanks for the game Sprig :goodjob:

EDIT: that smiley looks sarcastic/condecending...or is it just me? It's not supposed to be.

P.S. Great selection of smileys :gripe::twitch::woohoo::pat:

That peek...!
I knew I didn't want to risk someone peeking me, so I had to get control of it...but once I had it, I wasn't sure what to do with it :crazyeye:

Then Stork started talking about how the game was mechanically locked if I peeked a Liberal (because of turn order), so I knew I couldn't allow that. So I had to peek someone Facist (lol @ guessing Zack/Jarrema and being right :sad:).

Did you consider the hard bus, would have been elite imo.

I maybe believe you there if you do it AND he goes mental in the thread, but who knows.

Its still super volatile and we were already pretty far ahead so its hard to know if we would risk letting either of you in at that point.

Solving someone from the first 5 players is the correct Liberal play I think (since they've all played cards). I chose to peek the scummiest one.

Makes sense to me

your progression in thread was not natural though

because you are hitler you need to walk us through it every step of the way cause you gotta remain free of suspiscion

Thanks for the game Sprig :thumbsup:

Was a lot of fun, though maybe a bit long.

Found a couple of moments where I would come to the thread and have nothing to say which is always a bit unfortunate.

Not sure what you can do to fix it other than making it much much shorter, and then it would probably be too much work.

Did you consider the hard bus, would have been elite imo.

I maybe believe you there if you do it AND he goes mental in the thread, but who knows.

Its still super volatile and we were already pretty far ahead so its hard to know if we would risk letting either of you in at that point.

I was gonna hard bus him the whole time, but decided not to be so cynical :lol:

But also nobody had any interest in trusting Jarrema/King, so if I peek Zack Facist there is a long line of Liberal presidents before my turn again (and I have to be Liberally anyway...).

I probably should have just peeked Jarrema and told everyone he was a Facist...wouldn't have changed the game much :p

But I peeked Zack on the hope he was a scummy Liberal, and I could just call him a Facist :D
Jarrema I was pretty sure was a Facist.

Myself/Stork/Visor put this together on Skype :D

Apoc (Germany) - Duh

Zack (Japan) - Attacked America, it didn't end well for him or any of the Facists

Jarrema (Italy) - Thrown under the bus from the get go...because nobody likes Italy, apparently.

Stork/Visor (Britain) - Involved throughout, always fighting for the Liberal agenda

King Morgan (France) - Didn't really put up a fight, just peaced out and voted in favour of the Facist regime

Lohrens (Russia) - The second battle front that would ultimately be Germany's undoing!

Legato (America) - Not really too involved in the early game, but when attacked by Japan became the major player for the Liberals

Spring (Switzerland) - In the middle of it all, but never picking sides

congratulations, you liberals

Well played everyone. Quite a display near the end.

I think if Legato had made himself more obviously Liberal with his earlier posts this game would have been a lot shorter :D

Yeah, my lack of investment in the early game definitely came back to bite me. You really have to establish town cred early for something like this, but this game was pretty neglected on my end with other things in the first part.

Seems like a hard game for fascists to win.

The game does seem a bit fiddly in terms of balance. Some bad draws and turn order can drastically alter the shape of things. Not quite as well adjusted as Avalon I think, as the scum team can always make a hail mary to take out Merlin and win anyway.

Much better than Saboteur though. Easily the worst game I've played in this genre.

I think this game needs to be drastically shortened though for another forum game. This was fun with the players, but the time between phases is far too long. Unlike Mafia this just isn't something you can stretch over a series of weeks and keep it interesting.

Seems like a hard game for fascists to win.

Liberals deserved the win imo. It probably shouldnt have even been as close as it was.

They all played very well :)

What cards did you draw in the first round Zack?

You definitely need the votes to be secret. You can see it on this last round:

Jarema cant elect me without outting himself as a Facist (good spot by Legato's btw)...but he also can't vote last because the deadline will pass.

The votes need to be private, without a deadline, and everyone must vote. Is probably x10 more work though for a forum format.

I had fun but it was drawn out
might just not work well enough on forums

but I did guess the correct fascist team in the end, so that was neat

I hope I didn't seem too high up on myself for continously propose myself as chancellor in the later parts of the game

Top Bottom