Semi-Finals: Germany vs. Italy

Rhye said:
It is due then, right?

Hate to break it to you, but propably never. :mischief:

Rhye said:
I haven't seen what he did.
But I said that IF he did something, he must pay like everyone.

In that, you are of course 100% correct.

Just a pity it was the Italian Football Association who demanded Frings to be suspended. :mischief:

Rhye said:
If Frings isn't diqualified for 2 games, like Totti, YOU will be ridiculous, trying to exploit this kind of things with home advantage.

Wow last time I checked I haven't been a member of the national team ^^

Ok I just read that the FIGC does not demand any process vs Frings. If I had a paranoid streak I'd say nice move to let the italien media do the job ;)

Never mind my ranting Rhye it's just the usual bashing that occurs when national teams are involved in a WC. Nothing personal, to be sure. Actually I do like Italy a lot with the exception of Berlusconi and the national team (the first named for being a criminal, the latter for being our adversary in the WC).

If Frings did something wrong he deserves to be be punished. I wouldn't say though that it's a coincidence that the Italian press discovered the misbehaviour.

Aren't you sick of blaming Italy yet?
Well, a bit of criticism is fair and welcomen, but only when it's clever, appropriate, constructive and not offensive.
Italy NEVER asked for Frings to be suspended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can happen that anybody seem to understand this! It's simple, plain, objective, it's a matter of fact but people keep on spreading false information. I wonder if it's really so much funny keeping on with these cheap blames....:confused:

FIFA has reached a decission on Frings' case, but won't reveal it until 18:00 CET. Go figure.

It is revealed. Frings is out for the semis but may play in the following game. Looks like Italy will win it.

kronic said:
It is revealed. Frings is out for the semis but may play in the following game. Looks like Italy will win it.
Yep, he is the most important player for the team. Nice job done by Sky Italia...

What has he been found guilty of?

I wouldn't say he's the most important player but certainly among the most important players. Still, he's to blame for what he did. Reminds me of the stupidity of his yellow card against Sweden.

Can't wait to see Kehl play. :D

MCdread said:
What has he been found guilty of?
Of punching Cruz, who incidentially said himself that he wasn't punched. Frings claimed the hand move towards Cruz to have been to push him away, I think the TV pictures at least don't deny that beyond reasonable doubt...

By the way, the sentence is ridiculous, either he punched him or he didn't. In the first case there should be more than just one match suspension, in the latter none at all.

By the way, the sentence is ridiculous, either he punched him or he didn't. In the first case there should be more than just one match suspension, in the latter none at all.
correct, typical for FIFA :shake:

Apparently, he's sentenced for two matches but the second match is "auf Bewährung" (in English?). That's at least what n-tv says.

One can only wonder how they can rule he puched Cruz when Cruz himself says he wasn't punched. :mad:

Hopefully, this rather electrifies than paralyses the German team. But Frings' loss will be hard to compensate. :(

So - Ballack on Frings' position, with Borowski taking Ballack's place? Or Borowski on Frings' position? Can Borowski even play defensive midfielder, with him and Frings both playing for Werder?

At least don't bring in a substitute without any WC time. Kehl or *gasp* Nowotny may be good in the Bundesliga but they are hardly in the rythm.

Panda said:
So - Ballack on Frings' position, with Borowski taking Ballack's place? Or Borowski on Frings' position? Can Borowski even play defensive midfielder, with him and Frings both playing for Werder?

At least don't bring in a substitute without any WC time. Kehl or *gasp* Nowotny may be good in the Bundesliga but they are hardly in the rythm.
I think he will play Kehl, who is of course nowhere near Frings' quality. Borowski, in fact just like Ballack, is not a defensive midfielder.

Yeah, Kehl will play...

edit: ...or not. Spiegel Online claims Borowski will play.

Hitro said:
I think he will play Kehl, who is of course nowhere near Frings' quality. Borowski, in fact just like Ballack, is not a defensive midfielder.

Ain't that lovely. :mad:

Well, that's a big blow, as he's a very important player and was growing a lot on confidence and performance. :/ At least now, it can't be said that FIFA is doing any favours to the home team...
I think Klinsmann should play Kehl and Borowski and bench Schweinsteiger, which imo would bring mor stability to the defensive process. Schweisteiger didn't look very comfortable or which area he ahd to cover when Germany is defending. And Borowski instead of him wouldn't hurt the attack much either, I think.

Top Bottom